The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I am very sad that the bear witcher gear does not look like the concept video one :(. It looked so awesome.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You think that's bad, I left Velen at lvl 20, 75 hours in and I wasn't even done with it, will have to go back and finish a few contracts and question marks.

3. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    sweet that's good news hahaha

also I do have a few bugged question marks, one of them being helping a merchant stuck in a cage, however none of the bandits that I killed or the loot around the area had the key in it.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Mods baby, mods.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I glanced at a guide, as far as I see the vellen and before is about two thirds the game, I think skellige is short

not sure ofc, wrapping up novigrad myself, tracking down whoreson jr, explored all of the main area though, few things i couldnt do cause of level

i think the game is made with quite a lot of after plot content in mind, i have loads of contracts for level 25+

got that one too, another bugged one is the apiarian phantom (which i think it only bugged if you find the mansion before getting the quest)

6. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hell yes. Without going into spoiler territory, I can say that she charmed me and the results lead me to believe I made the wrong decision. I really love the feeling of weight this game imparts.

Visually, that island is bleak and beautiful as can be. I'm also using rainynguyen's SweetFX config, which replaces the vibrant, super-saturated stock look with a cold blue cast that really suits the bleak tone of the game.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  7. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    yea man that quest was wierd as **** lol
    when her boyfriend was killed/murdered I was like "WTF JUST HAPPENED? WAIT.. WHAATTTTTT!??!?!"

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Lets can the off topic and get back to the game discussions.

I find it hard sometimes to pull myself away from this game. Even though I would rather keep playing. Damn responsibilities. :nerd:

9. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I hate that stupid Gwent game and never accept the invitations to play.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That was game discussions ^

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Oh god, me as well, I just can't get it, it seems so simple but I get my arse trounced every time, i skipped over buying cards in the early game to get swords and armour and what not

Wish they had kept the simple dice poker in the game

just did another game, screw me i hate this stupid thing, it seems the difficulty does not scale in the slightest with the game difficulty either, it crops up in a few quests as well

presumably about the brief chat on IT in the workplace??

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  12. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    Gwent isn't too bad.. once you get the hang of it

I was completely lost at first, I watched some guy play a game on youtube and then understood how it worked

basically.. the best strategy I"ve discovered so far is.. is to give up the first round, and try to not use any cards in the first round.

once you lose that round, make it imperative that you win round 2, and if you can do that quickly.. you should be able to beat the opponent in round 3 by you just having more cards then them.

again.. if you pass a turn while you are down in score, you will lose the round. If you pass the turn while you are up in score, then it all depends on how high your score is compared to that of the opponents.. usually 7-8 more score than your opponent, you will end up winning.

I hope I didn't confuse you guys hehe

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    not bad advice

what it seems like they didn't do is scale gwent with difficulty, an easy solution would be to allow easy players 2 more cards, normal 1 more, hard the same and hardest one less.

14. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    lol I'm glad they didn't do that.. as I've been playing on Deathmarch difficulty hahahah

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Gwent difficulty is based on the player you play against and his deck. Would be dumb if its not like that. Also if you have 1 or 2 more cards simply by lowering the difficulty in game, the whole gwent game would be missplaced.

And the tip to lose always the 1st round is a bad one. You will know why when you play against the strongest player latest. in 95% i always win the 1st two rounds and thats it.

Build your decks properly. If you played hearthstone for example or Magic you also will have a huge advantage in this game.

Last edited: May 28, 2015

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Seperate gwent difficulties for a start perhaps.

And if you play on easy, surely you don't much care of the challenge of the game but want the story no?

IDK, i don't care enough as is, but some quests just want you to play it

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No idea? I play on highest difficulty. Gwent quests are also not main quests. So theres no shame if you skip them if you dont can master Gwent game? :D

Afaik the quests where you need to play Gwent is only the questline where you need to get the cards as a reward for winning against the best players in the world.

But theres one sidequest where you can choose to play gwent and win and get the things you need for the quest from that guy, or force him to give you them, or beat him up...but you dont need to play gwent, you arent forced. :)

18. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I hate card games in general and I've no issue with it, i just always chat up merchants and when they have the option it's usually a matter of 1-2 games, at this point with so many cards it's pretty much a one shot.

I'd rather have Gwent than DiceRNGPoker and the endless annoying 4 and 5 of a kind AI rolls.

30hours first week. Last two days 15hours.. Nuff said? :(

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I am amazed at how real and life like stuff in the game appears, the general open world, the way folk seem to be doing stuff and the dialogue is awesome. I am on what I suspect is the last part of a quest for the Bloody Baron and the dialogue concerning the events is awesome.

Even the multi choice dialogue options seem to work pretty well. Most games like this suffer from a tonal issue where you choose an answer and it just doesn't seem to fit or the character says it in a way that seems out of place with what has been said already but this game doesn't seem to suffer from that, at least not as noticeably.

The folks at Bethesda could learn an awful lot from this game and even better the game is considerably more stable and less buggy than an of the ES games, if the combat was a little less arse sucky then the game would be truly awesome, as it is with the combat the way it is the game is just really good. Well 24 hours in and only 12% complete.

20. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    well had my 2nd crash since game release
    I might say I'm kind of lucky to not experience many crashes

this one occured during the cutscene of the execution in the center of Novigrad.
    most certainly a display driver crash, as the screen went black, but the sound, and game kept playing in the background.

wonder if the GPU overheated lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.