AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    he cant really be that stupid can he?

we want interaction, not blogs...

geez..

3. gatygun

gatygun Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 tri-x 4GB
    Who says it's lack of support? didn't amd already said they would push cf profiles for witcher 3 / project cars in there next driver update?.

Getting frustrated because it takes to long? dont buy 2 gpu cards or 2 gpu's in general from any company even nvidia, or just play with a single card until the support is there. Or better wait until the game is a half year old buy the complete edition and have fun playing it in it's full glory.

Lot's of people with double nvidia gpu's experience camera stutters / crashes ( even single gpu's ) with the witcher 3.

I already explained this in my first post more in-dept. Both company's have issue's with there drivers in the witcher 3 currently.

It also doesn't help that nvidia holds back performance and has code going on in the witcher 3 that nobody can view other then nvidia. I blame cprd for accepting this. It probably will take a bit longer surely because of this for a update to be pushed out that covers a lot more hardware.

Ofcourse they could release a day one update, which nvidia mostly does. But if you read the day one nvidia driver update for the witcher 3, you simple wan't to avoid it at all cost as it wrecks performance / gives random crashes all around in the game.

Currently 700 series / 800 series / titan x ( overheating issue's, yea it's a real thing ) all have issue's.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Why are you talking to me like you have a crossfire setup? AMD shouldn't even allow crossfire if they can't support it. Buy a game 6 months later when support is there? Are you off your head or something? Seriously...

Your attitude is basically "You dug your own grave, now lay in it" We PAID for our GPU's expecting support, where is it? I want crossfire profiles for games before release not 6 months after! In fact, when I bought them we had CAPS which meant crossfire profiles BEFORE driver releases. AMD didn't have to release a driver to add profiles back then... Support has got worse. How can you explain that? You can't.

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They just try to contain whatever damage there is.

6. gatygun

gatygun Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 tri-x 4GB
    You should buy 4x crossfire cards or 4x sli cards next time, and complain 24/7 to nvidia and amd when a new games launch that it doesn't work and they are **** because you paid for it. And then whine that sli / crossfire should be forbidden because you simple did absolute zero research into what 4x sli / crossfire will bring. When somebody explains things to you, start insulting them and exclude them in conversations because they don't own a 4 way sli / crossfire setup.

But this probably will also much like my other posts go over your head entirely.

The only thing you want is blood, because you simple didn't understand how crossfire / sli technology works or how drivers for these cards are pushed.

Drivers take time, and there is a reason for that. a example ( not like you care but i will type it anyway for a 3rd time ) is rushed drivers that nvidia launches which gives more issue's then fixes.

Anyway, i'm out of this conversation. I gave enough insight on how things really work in the reality. If you accept them or not. Not my issue.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Talking about going over heads. Did you read about CAPs? I guess you didn't.

8. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Nvidia is releasing drivers on time..

9. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    and they're hardly "rushed", too. Far as I can tell, the only recent problem has been the problem with performance on the previous gen cards.

If anything, AMD's drivers feel rushed, AND they take months to come :/

10. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Here's a statement regarding the delay of the official 15.5 beta from AMD rep on those community forums in case anyone wondering

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Basically what gatygun is telling crossfire users to do is to shut up and deal with it or stop using crossfire. A lot of insight there.

12. moby1974

moby1974 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    Yep, if you make a product like say 295x or make suggestions to the affect of making people 2 cards for better performance, you need to back it up. Ok it's not possible to cover every game but any AAA game should be up and running on day one, only issues should be on game design side, which is not the fault of AMD Nvidia. Hair works does not stop crossfire, I mean we can even turn it off, and yet AMD seem to hide behind this since launch. As for waiting, well that's nuts, people put faith into products, with the hope they will be able to do what the company has brought them to believe, and if you cannot match that while other companies do (ok nvidia has issues, and yet the speed of drivers at least gives a fix or shows progress ) then they will gain sales. Would rather AMD did not hand Nvidia total control, but with such support....They are.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nahhh.

Don't take it too seriously he is a new user with old ideas, or a "new user" with HIS same old ideas and a new username or even a cover PR.

The final result is the same: He show us a radical and very narrow point of view of how AMD must be workshipped and "respected" with "patience" and "faith", this week, next week, next trimester and ever.

IDK, i don't care, i don't bother. :)

START OF WALL OF TEXT:

What he said is AMD should drop ALL support because what we get right now is fine for the current GPUs and they must focus ALL driver work on 300 series who will be the Holy Grail.

He also express the idea that crossfire buyers are not very smart (to say it "softly") to believe AMD PR and get what they deserve.

Finally he said support for "OLD" (current) 290(X)/295X2 is good as is even if it's incomplete.

Features like VSR and freesync are fancy stuff in his vision even if they are highly promoted by AMD but not supported.

Fairy tales are nice but the cold facts are hard to swallow for AMD customers:

- Downsampling solution support on drivers:

Nvidia DSR: 35 GPU FULL support included SLI downsampling from 4K to 1080p

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/supported-gpus

AMD VSR: 1 GPU FULL support included CFX downsampling from 4K to 1080p

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalystOMEGAWINReleaseNotes.aspx

- Adaptative sync solution in drivers:

Nvidia G Sync: 20 GPU FULL support included SLI

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/supported-gpus

AMD Freesync: 6 single GPU support NO support for CFX and NO ETA to get it

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovation...ync?gclid=CPeMgcvA4sUCFYPHtAodkRIAUA#products

- AAA titles support in drivers:

Nvidia: launch day support normally with special driver edition including multi GPU support.

AMD: Roy@AMD "next week" (sic), (the week after...: ) "we are on this, I promise" (sic)...

END OF WALL OF TEXT

Now reply to my post and say there are lies in it.

I really want to laught. :D

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Go Tiger Team?

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I can't believe what i'm writing:

YOU ARE RIGHT! :eek3:

16. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    It's going to be funny/depressing when 15.5 comes and it's exactly the same as the leaked ones, in the middle of June or something.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If the new drivers 15.5 or something doesn't have crossfire profiles for PC, W3, I am going to eat my shirt.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Start training with your hat, just in case. :D

19. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    My entire experience with going back to AMD after being Nvidia only so long can be summed as follows:

I bought the budget product. I get the budget support. This sucks. This really sucks. I wish I could afford a GTX 970 or 980 or something, and never, ever, ever have to "settle" for AMD due to budget reasons ever again.

I'm at the point, quite honestly, that if someone offered me an even trade for something that's even slightly weaker than my 280X, like a GTX 960, I'd probably do it in a heartbeat. I've been massively soured on AMD, probably for good, by their outright abysmal support and really downright not good handling of PR.

20. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I'm expecting crossfire profiles for those, and not much else at all in the driver. Probably nothing for single cards. Maybe even those profiles will have problems, too. Then I'm expecting a driver in probably freaking august to have Freesync CFX support.

I'm expecting the bare minimum, so surprise me, AMD!