AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 Guest

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMIN
    Just got a 280x today, great deal.
    my old GTX 670 was dying (green dots/squares)
    Trying to give the red team a chance, havent used a red-team card since the 9600pro haha.

Should I be updating to a beta driver?
    Currently on the stable 14.x driver from the main site.
    If yes to beta, do I DDU again and then reinstall 15.5? would I need to reinstall CCC?

2. Abaddon

Abaddon Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6600
  3. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
  4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, i did the same thing...

lol

5. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    I can post it if you guys want it, its nothing new really i have modified it to work with my 290, performance are on par with the win 10 driver (same branch).
    You can't install it the way it is since the 290 we have is rev00 and the one in this driver is rev80.

I have a mod ready for just 290 and 290x cards, i can do all cards if you really want it.

DriverVer=05/05/2015, 15.200.0.0000
    AMD6658.1 = "AMD Radeon(TM) R7 360 Graphics"
    AMD67B0.1 = "AMD Radeon R9 300 Series"
    AMD67B1.1 = "AMD Radeon R9 300 Series"
    AMD6810.1 = "AMD Radeon(TM) R7 370 Graphics"
    AMD6810.2 = "AMD Radeon (TM) R7 300 Series"
    AMD6811.1 = "AMD Radeon (TM) R7 300 Series"
    AMD6939.1 = "AMD Radeon R9 300 Series"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-----------------------------------

There is also another one less interesting:

DriverVer=05/08/2015, 14.502.0.0000
    AMD665F.1 = "AMD Radeon(TM) R7 360 Graphics"
    AMD665F.2 = "AMD Radeon (TM) R7 300 Series"

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    asder00, if you have time it would be great if you released it for all cards :)
    No mention of the 390/390x there?

7. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Hey asder00! In the past you have posted a few modded drivers that were digitally signed by Leshcat. Do you think you can do it again? Also thanks for all the uploaded driver sets!

8. moby1974

moby1974 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    Any word on crossfire fix? Thanks

9. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB @ 947/1250
    With good w10 driver (the one with better dx11 overhead) or with the last one?

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's not a matter of faith, just what is better for my pocket. The 8800GT I still have and still plays games for example, is some of the best value I've ever seen in a card. Same for the GTX480 and the 7970.
    The 970/980 generation doesn't give me the same confidence, although the performance has been very good admitedly. I have a feeling that once they move to Pascal, the older generation that will still need the "magic drivers" to work, will have the same fate as Kepler/Fermi today.

You can try using the 1023.3 modded drivers from the threads here. 1023.3 is my day to day driver and it's really fine.

The driver is older than 1023.3 I guess.

It's funny to see GCN 1.0 alive and well. :D

Tahiti should get a rebrand too, I want a new bios string after the 280x :D

11. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Any new profiles in there for Witcher 3 for example? Crossfire that is.

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    @PrMinisterGR

My post was not in reply of yours.

It was in reply to the #378 post in this thread,:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5080927&postcount=378

Your post was #377 and mine #379. :)

Even if some users like The Mac added me to their "ignore list" and can't see my post that doesn't mean i can't reply their comment.

I don't like to read threads with holes or ignore people even if i don't like their point of views.

Maybe you can't read an hole (user posts in "ignore list")?

Coming back to your opinion on AMD GPU value i agree but ONLY in the long run:

In the short run (recent games) Nvidia support made his GPUs more valuable than AMD ones even if they more expensive.

13. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
  14. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    still waiting to amd driver

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    [​IMG]

Lol, hope springs eternal.

edit:
    Just waiting for the golden gate kid to string us along for another week with another bs tweet.

16. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Well said their dude. I'm with you on that one. So many games that has either very poor crossfire support or non at all. I'm so pissed at waiting ages for proper crossfire support. The only game i play now that works amazing with crossfire is Battlefield 4. it works great and as expected. Now I'm not playing witcher 3 until i get crossfire support and I most probably will only play next week or maybe even after that. I just hope they release a driver this week cause this is pathetic service from them.

I've been saying it over and over that I'm done with amd but i'm just waiting a bit to get the right card at the right time. I know if I do the waiting game I will wait forever but i feel that even a gtx980 is not good enough for me now. i'm really looking forward to 980ti and even AMD Fiji. Maybe AMD was working on Fiji and drivers for it the whole time and it might make everything work so much better but only time will tell.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    That's a real problem for crossfire (or SLI) users:

If you play some games with success with a multi-GPU setup coming back to a single GPU, new but less powerfull than your multi-GPU is not a valid "upgrade".

As a user of a 290X CFX "upgrading" to a 980(ti) or a new 390 is not a solution.

I need a TRUE performance upgrade.

I don't have faith but maybe the next DX12 will be a "miracle" and solves ALL CFX problems and a 395X will be my next upgrade.

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I don't have anyone on the ignore list, I just thought it was for me, sorry dude :)

We should do some kind of study about the performance scaling of both SLi and Crossfire, and see once and for all. But it should be for multiple hardware, and for multiple titles. I see similar problems with Witcher 3 SLi for example in the NVIDIA forums, but there is no way to tell if they get better or worse in the general user base.

DX12 will ameliorate most of the multi-gpu issues, since then you will all know it was the developer's fault :D

19. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    Guru3d and other sites have done CF vs SLI scaling benchmarks time and again in multiple hardware generations and different titles.

Once in a while you get a game like TW3 that favours none in scaling because of missing profiles or hardware vendors not supporting old(ish) hardware.

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I mean more like a "now" test. See how well hardware like Fermi, or the 6000 series is, and then go up until you reach today's cards. More like an "over time" look.

You might get better support for older hardware with AMD, for example, but profiles later, in general. Or you might get a better experience with NVIDIA immediately, but it might become worse (or even better) with time. Nobody does that kind of testing, and unfortunately I neither have the hardware nor the time to do it.