nVidia GeForce 352.86 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FDisk, May 18, 2015.

1. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    I've read that SLI is fixed with this driver on Total War Attila. Can someone share the profile please ?

2. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    Switching off Hardware Acceleration in Chrome fixed the crashing - so it's definitely a driver issue.

3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Try it again with multi-threaded option on in nv control panel or have you tried that already!? These drivers seem to love that option on.

4. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    It has only happened once to me in quite a few hours of play but my system is usually rock solid.

5. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    I'll try that tonight, thanks :)

6. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    I can't seem to find this option? What's the exact name and place to find it?

7. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Well i have to say i didn't have any problems playing with this driver 352.86 but 2 days ago surfing the net with internet explorer i experienced 3 failures in 1 hour of use i don't have crash or blue screen just the driver stop working and recovery it self so i decide to uninstall the driver and roll back to previous one.

8. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    It's in the nvidia control panel under your 3d apps profile tab.Scroll down and you'll see "Threaded Optimization". Options are Auto, On and Off....it's usually Auto by default for most apps, Unigine Apps like Valley and Heaven are the only ones I see their profile has them On by default.Try adding Chrome browser to the drop down list if it's not there already and switch "threading optimization" to on for it and see if it still crashes with hardware acceleration on.

I was just experimenting with it in a couple of games and found it helped smooth things out even more than without it so I switched it on for everything I have installed except firefox cuz I've had no problems with it.It may or may not solve the crashing in chrome using HW Acceleration but only way to know is to try.:)

9. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Anyone having problems with this driver and Evolve? My game keeps going all blurry and I got a notification that the drivers had stopped working, crashed my game.

10. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Also received a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD with these, never seen that one before. It happened in BF4 when i was changing AO graphics setting.

11. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Turn OFF hardware acceleration in the browser. I expect that will resolve it, if you choose to reinstall the new drivers. It worked for several of us with thew same problem as you.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hasn't been the best driver on my system. Firefox can crash while on youtube or at best, hang. When MPC-HC is on my second monitor and playing a video, the monitor can flicker on and off. Games seem to be ok. I didn't have these issues with older drivers.

13. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i prefeer to downgrade the driver (already did) instead of downgrading/disabling features in my system

14. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Ok didn't know with that we can fix the problems mmm but I don't have the witcher 3 so I don't need this driver right now i will wait to the next release hoping they made a good ones this time , i know i spect to much for this guys from Nvidia !!

15. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    Thanks, testing it out now :)

16. ltte

ltte Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080 PE
    Did your computer spontaneously reboot?
    I had a black screen and a spontaneous reboot while browsing with firefox today and eventid 41 Kernel Power critical error in event viewer (do you have these?).

I've removed my RAM overclock even though it's passed 5 stability tests each for 8 hours and I've played many hours of the Witcher 3 and other games.

Although, a couple of weeks ago I had two spotaneous black screens and reboots while playing dirt rally with 350.12. I loosened my timings as result and as I said I pass all the stability tests.

Not sure if it's RAM or drivers or the PSU at the moment. Now that the RAM overclock has been completely removed I'll see if it happens again.

17. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    Seems to me we have -TJ-, two years ago, saying there was rarely a benefit to changing this from "auto": What testing have you done, recently? :3eyes:

18. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    You know there's a backup function in the profile window, right?

19. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    There is also a "Flash(Firefox)" profile: I'm guessing you'd want to adjust that, too. :pc1:

20. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Post #437, 2nd paragraph.:)