The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Can't remember if it only started in 1.04 but if I play in Fullscreen I get massive frametime spikes 20ms-60ms back and forth non stop, while fps remains steady. When I go back to fullscreen window it stays steady.

2. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    interesting, will look into that later.. thanks.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Getting the same. You can see how it loads the stuff like textures, etc.

4. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    So when I put crossfire in default mode, it works but I get 80fps..... when I put it in AFR Friendly I am getting 120fps, except I get that nasty shadow flickering everywhere.

So am I right to assume that when we do get a legit Witcher 3 crossfire in the next driver, will it give us this type of performance... will I be getting the same frames I'm getting with AFR without the nasty shadow flickering ???

if so, then the game will be running extremely well and we crossfire users might as well just stop playing now wait for patch, because that's a big performance increase.

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Well I guess it's just WADS, but at least it's a slight improvement, maybe next patch they'll include every key. My bad on saying any key.

6. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    With new patch game simply looks better. Starting from foliage and DOF...
    This is 1.04 vanilla...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    for me its just different places...

After applying patch didnt notice anything special, but I play without DOF, it gives me headache to have blurs on the screen.

btw, for those restarting bcs of difficulty, just change diff on options. Altho not much use, game is a lil hard at the start, but since you can do many things, you can skip hard parts, after a while the game becomes very easy to beat, and it keeps going easier till the end.

8. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    I definitely noticed a difference from yesterday to today.
    I was in a very grassy area last night when I saved game and exited, and this morning with new patch I booted game up and the grass/foliage looked noticeably better, lively and more realistic looking.

They are really messing around and unlocking settings one by one for us on the PC version... good stuff !

9. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Sorry mate. I was just trying to have a laugh. I have had it said to me in the past.

10. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    With what settings?
    Could it be that finally Ultra had noticeable difference compared to high in some settings?
    Guess I have to go turn some things to ultra, I didnt see any difference in this patch than more stutter, reseted some settings and few buggy npc:s.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    placebo

12. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    No!

Left 1.03 ---- right 1.04

[​IMG]

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Anyone noticed how Vram usage jumped with the latest patch? I'm seeing even 1.6Gb while last one used only 1.2/1.3Gb.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Had all of those glitches myself too, albeit in the PS4 version which I played for 15 hours across three sessions, i.e. the game was not turned off. Another glitch I encountered was respawning bandits at an abandoned place (which occurred along with the death animation glitch).

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  15. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Bah, I can't get any satisfaction with vsync with this game. If I choose adaptive like I normally do it starts tearing randomly (it isn't dropping frames), because adaptive doesn't jive with setting the ingame frame rate to 60. Ok fair enough I'll set the frame rate to unlimited, this gets rid of the tearing but introduces horrible input lag, as if the game is being triple buffered (it isn't). Bordeless mode is, as usual, a stutter fest (yes I turned off vsync with borderless mode). It's all very frustrating.

16. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Ummm and where is the difference?
    Only difference I see is tiny bit different shadow from clouds and plants are tiny bit in different position because of wind effect.

But not any more or less bushes or anything.

nvm: there is tiny difference in detail, some bushes are less blurry etc.
    Good stuff then!

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    How big is the new patch? I have to tether my phone to pc so I'm very limited. Currently waiting for fiber optic to come to my area.

18. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    I was about to reply with the patch notes which clearly state they did some work on textures, but I see Doktor did me one better by posting a screenshot.
    Wish there was a system in place on this forum where I could thank his but negative your post, because your post is nonsense.
    I don't know if you play the game or have it, but you obviously don't know, so why speak on it like you do ?
    It was clearly in the patch notes and even article titles like this one http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/25/the-witcher-3-pc-1-04-patch-improves-texture-quality-adds-more-gwent-cards-to-prologue-area/

Tough to tell on the red plants due to color, but take a good look at the center green plants, notice how flat and unlively they are in 1.3, almost as if the foliage textures haven't fully loaded yet, then take a look at the "loaded" 1.4 textures after.
    And if you can see a difference in Doktor's tiny 1327x600 picture, then think how much the real difference is at the resolutions we play...
    I for example exited my game in 1.3 last night in a very dense green field with lots of grass trees and plants all around me, so when I woke up this morning loaded the game at 1.4 in TRUST ME, it definitely was more than a "placebo"

anything else you wanna add ?

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This might explain better looking foliage, higher resolution more vram :D

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I am in the middle of playing now and I find that this is getting on my nerves as well.

I'm playing fullscreen since borderless window will deactivate my SLI. Even though I'm getting ~60 Solid, looking around is just not smooth.

Anyone have any tips for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.