AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    LOL dude. Crossfire is suppose to have higher frametimes. If you want smoother frametimes you get single gpu. This is the reason for microstutter. Framerates is a stupid way to measure things. A friend of mine said on his new ASUS rog swift with g-sync he's getting better smoothness than on his old samsung 1080p 120hz and benq 144hz he tested although he's getting only 90FPS in some games. Even if he reaches 144fps or 120fps constant. The reason for that is the frametimes in games is not constant and g-sunc/freesnc fixes that although not 100% but makes it way better.

I'm just waiting for the right g-sync/freesync panel to be available in South africa and the right gpu to upgrade to. So please go read up on the whole frametime and g-sync/freesync thing online cause you will learn something interesting.

Hope this helps

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    AMD is supposed to add Freesync Crossfire support some day in the future without defined ETA.

If this not occurs our crossfire will be useless with a Freesync monitor. :(

I will stay one more year with this setup maybe i'll be lucky.

Who knows?

3. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Still no official driver. WTF!

4. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    AMD really lost me on this one. I haven't played the Wither 3 or Project cars since launch. I only tested project cars to see performance but due to bad performance I'm not playing. With Far cry 4 I couldn't wait any longer for a proper driver or game fix so I just played with microstutter and so on not that Nvidia was any better. So many issues with Games in general. performance is not what it's suppose to be and let's hope dx12 fixes the most of the issues.

The new DX12 API overhead test show us how much better dx12 is but that's on an image without textures on it and so on so doesn't really show perfromance. for example a GTX980 might get less draw calls than r9 290x but still GTX 980 performance is miles ahead. So yes DX12 might sound good but I don't think it will make everything magically 2x or eve 1.5 times better. It will just give you a more stable framerate and frametimes. I tested BF4 on mantle yesterday again by running on ultra and i get the same max framerate than with dx11. The only thing that's better is the frametimes improved with less drops.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I don't care about "official" drivers. Everything is working good for the moment buying pcars and witcher 3 during fall when I will gaming anyways. :D

The drivers have been coming a bit faster at least now drawcall improvements on dx11 would make the world for amd.

6. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Problem is we have access to it. But many people aren't aware that they exist

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Windows 8.1 drivers are as slow as ever.

8. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    All guns on R3xx and Win 10 drivers seem to be the last desperate breath of a slowly dying company.

Problem is, that i think it´s the same as the intel cpu case. Nvidia is just waiting to release what they have backstage, when it´s needed.

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    980ti

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    W3 is running peachy for me with latest beta (not this one).
    Running 1440p. All ultra with SSAO and Hairworks off. Average FSP @ 48

By official I don't mean certified just official posted on AMD's website.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Totally forgot a comma there.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Thanks but I don't think so :)

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
  14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nice tool for TW3 thanks. :)

It'll have some use when TW3 will get a porper support from AMD drivers (specially crossfire).

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Have you tried AFR friendly with the in-game AA off?

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    No, as i said i'm not going to play this game untill proper driver support is added so maybe never.

I'm tired of the need of "water scared profile", modded drivers, reg files and dead tools like RP to be able to play games with AMD GPUs.

I want proper drivers NOW not "next week"...Which month? , Which year?

IDK maybe Tiger Team knows it. :(

17. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I tried. Still flickering in the background. Feels like someone off screen is standing there with a strobe light. Rock solid frame rates at 4k but flicking makes it unplayable. Back to single card and 2k. AFR gives me hope that a tweaked profile will give some nice CF performance. Come on AMD. Get that profile out already will ya.

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Pity. They should really go back to CAPs, like they had in the past. They make much more sense if driver releases are so slow.

19. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    maybe tomorrow release the official 15.5 or tuesday? or someday in the future months?

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    They're probably going to wait til June and release a driver with the new GPU's.