Could This Be Fiji ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, May 22, 2015.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Hopefully it will make them cheaper too. Tired of having to pay an additional $140 every time I buy a card for a full cover.

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    This is one card I been wanting to see reviews quite some time.

So there is going to be a hbm and a gddr5 version of the 390x, correct??, if this is true, I am dying to see benchmark difference between the two.

The 390X review will Blow our HAIRS OFF!!!!!!!

<<~~~~~ Like this avatar here, :).

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  3. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
  4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

As far as i know, the 390s are only HBM (or whatever they are going to call them, as they aren't going to be numbered, they are going to be named, as they are going to be a new higher tiered premium brand like Nvs Titan), and the rebrands of the 200 series will just be GDDR5 still.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2015

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So you say i must go out and spend tons of money to upggrade now when my monitor is working freaking awesome. i know i bought korean panel that comes with it's own drawback and this sound like it but no other monitor impresses me unless I see it with my own eye.

I know freesync/G-sync is awesome but I'm just not sure the current monitor have the color i need cause 'm used to IPS now. What about people that want to connect a second display that only comes with DVI and VGA. They still need DVI but then again you can get a fairly cheap adapter. But maybe this card is not intended for that use just for extreme market and they though many enthusiast that wil buy this anyway will have Displayport anyway. This card looks like the watercool version anyway

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm ready :) , time to say goodbye to my 2x 290X CFX today , one sold today and one left for sale. I will be doing a complete system overhaul this time around ,new VGAs , new mobo , cpu and ram.

7. Cor9012

Cor9012 Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 GHZ Edition
    Only concerns I have is the price and performance. Size of the card or if it's water cooled not so much.

Just please keep the price under £350 so us peons can buy it and I can finally upgrade my 7970 :)

8. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    You seriously can't be hoping a 390X is going to cost just £350, as much as I'd love it to be so cheap its just not going to be! Expect £550+ imho

9. Cor9012

Cor9012 Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 GHZ Edition
    I am as :p AMD needs this to be a card that everyone wants not just the mega rich wanting to fork out £550+ on a single card. It's the reason I haven't even thought about Nvidia's cards for the extreme price gouging they do.

The cards that will be under the 390X are what I believe have been mentioned somewhere as the current gen of cards (+HBM) and they haven't made me want to part cash for that slight of an increase of performance over what I have either. I could be wrong about that as you can never be quite sure who is getting the information from :)

AMD doesn't exactly have the same market size as Nvidia going by everyone's account so I don't see why they would stifle a real way to get a big jump in numbers with this card.

10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    AMDs top end cards are expensive too, I believe the 7970 when launched was around £500. I bought my first one for £275, about a year after release, then bought a 2nd one used for around £175. I don't always mind buying GPUs that aren't the latest and greatest, especially as Tahiti was and still is impressive!

You'll probably be looking at the 380X for that money (£350) perhaps a 390, depends how these cards stack up against the competition I guess. The 380s and lower are I think all basically re-spun Hawaii cores and you can pick up 290Xs now for around £230 new! A top end 290X will still be about 40-50% faster than your current single 7970 on average I'd say.

Only reason I haven't picked up a 290X is I have two 7970GHz editions and one 290X is more a side-grade than anything else for me, well and the new cards are DX12, if the next gen cards weren't DX12 I'd probably buy 2 290Xs at those prices lol

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    If the price/performance ratio is great and there is an 8GB version I'll get a 390X. If not, then I'll likely pass and wait for the next generation of cards. Possibly pick up another cheap/used GTX 680 4GB somewhere for triple SLi in the meantime.

12. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I really hope AMD get the ball rolling again. So they can start the technology race once more :)

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Could just be for VRM cooling. GPU core could still be under a water block. There might be a small fan over the VRM's so a grill would be a bonus save having it dump the air into a case.

Also, this picture could of been taken months ago and the final design is always subject to change.

14. This GPU should be much more powerful compared to Titan X (8Tglop compared to 6 on Titan X) if those specs are true.

15. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

Why do i get the feeling that the people saying "i want amd to succeed" and stuff - are just waiting for nvidia and intel prices to drop?

16. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well because we are....if AMD suck in CPU's Intel will continue making mediocre improvements at high prices and the same thing goes for Nvidia. If AMD who were once the best at CPU's and GPU's (referring to ATI) prices were far more competitive and performance improvements were abound. Now I just get the feeling Intel & Nvidia are just releasing enough to beat AMD and charge far more for it.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its only 4GB, as stacks with more capacity are not available yet.

18. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Speaking on the lack of DVI, does anyone know if these new cards will still support analogue out? Maybe with a DisplayPort->VGA(DSUB) adapter? I run 2 monitors, one an IPS with DVI and the other an analogue CRT 22". I'm not prepared to give up the CRT yet because the display quality is far above any LCD when it comes to playing old games(CPS1/2, NeoGeo etc.)

19. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    no it's not. i need active dp to dvi dual link

20. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    So this is the 8TB version? Because it looks like dual slot PCIe SSD, and i like it.