No Optimization for Kepler (GTX780 - GTX780TI - TITAN etc. ) Banchmarks inside !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bigosik, May 8, 2015.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^Killer first post! Welcome to the forums.

2. xylotism

xylotism Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 2GB
    Thanks. As a GTX 770 owner (and a youtuber) I have a personal stake in this -- my GPU should be powerful enough spec-wise to handle Witcher 3 on High, let alone Low at 1080@60fps. Until we hear anything from Nvidia it really looks like they're trying to strongarm customers into buying the latest and greatest.

I guess that's bound to happen when the company making the hardware is also the one making (part of) the software. I really like the sheer power Nvidia provides at the top tier, but it's worthless if the higher-end cards are outdated after a handful of games.

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well i basically couldnt agree more. And i for one lean towards option 1 being the more likely scenario (sadly).

4. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Well, this sucks if true..

My 780 GTX demands a human sacrifice, but will settle for performance drivers.

5. zoomer-fodder

zoomer-fodder Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Poseidon 780 SLI
    kepler have no nvidia optimisations witcher 3 and project cars. this two big aaa games. maybe mortal kombat X too.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    NVIDIA said they looking into kepler per issues on witcher 3, i hope they look deep down inside and make Kepler happy again.

I don't think they downgrading performance, just not optimizing for kepler atm.

7. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    It was obvious to me :)

8. zoomer-fodder

zoomer-fodder Guest

GPU:
    where is it? o_O may be nvidia looking project cars, gta 5, mortal x, and all new games without any nvidia's optimisations for kepler too?

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  9. zoomer-fodder

zoomer-fodder Guest

GPU:
    of course yes.

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Some one put a quate from another forum... look whatever they are doing, is bad for Keplers.

Kepler are top performers, slighty below maxwell but that is all, 780ti is easily on par with 970 and even more. 780 is easily on par with 290.

I guess the truth will come out soon.

11. zoomer-fodder

zoomer-fodder Guest

GPU:
    the realities of today they say only one thing, if you compare the work to optimize the drivers of each of the competing companies:
    2013 - 780 > 7970
    2014 - 780 = 7970
    2015 - 780 < 7970
    Nvidia just have cheated people for money. that only is the ratio of performance to dollar most expensive nvidia's card ever made GTX Titan-Z - now it is extremely low, it is unacceptable! What a shame nvidia, what a shame....
    and all kepler users must repeat this many times on nvidia forums, on nvidia partners forums, etc. :puke2: what would cause nividia to deal with their mistakes and don't repeat them again.
    sorry for bad english im russian)

12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    u meant 770 not 780, but ye seeing as how 280X competing with 780 is not right at all.

13. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    any nvidia user know it... this happen every time when a new architecture is launched... no surprises and nothing new to see here...

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    did anyone check to see if the new amd driver still have good IQ?
    I forgot to see yesterday when I had them in for testing with ab and I really did not want to do that lol
    or did it take them 2 years to get all of the performance out of there cards

we really to get to the bottom of what up need to test both green and red cards....and see if the settings match what Is on screen

15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    The real issue here is Nvidia Gameworks!!!. It seems that platform is heavily optimized for the Maxwell cards. Not so much for anything older.

A lot of games using features from Gameworks just suck on Kepler and older cards.

In the case of Witcher 3 turning off the Gameworks HairWorks gets performance back where it should be... The developer already said Hairworks uses 64x Tesselation on the hair. That's going to tank performance on anything but Maxwell cards.

Either the developer needs to make that adjustable or Nvidia needs to fix it.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    if that true would be nice to be able to reduce it.

17. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yup... AMD users already can! They have a maximum Tesselation options in the CCC.

http://goo.gl/ZnCi5n
    [edit] fixed URL[/edit]

18. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    If Nvidia does improve Kepler for TW3, it could affect other games positively as well. For example, if it were Kepler's compute performance that makes it suffer, and Nvidia manages to improve it, other games heavily dependant on compute should also see an improvement

19. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Maxwell will buckle down as well, but far less than say any AMD GPU.

The maximum attribute interpolation value (64x) isn't really practical and no serious asset designer should use it straight on. The 290X's tessellation rate at 64x factor is barely a quarter of the GTX980.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So... After years of bashing... Are AMD the ones who deliver the better driver?