The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I'm not seeing it but the effect is apparently very subtle in this game.
    (Unlike "Lords of the Fallen" or "Dying Light" to name two games where it's a "little" bit too strong.)

1.03 reset the config file for a few people so you could always check user.config and see what AllowChromaticAberration=X is set to, should be "false" but if the file reset it might have changed.
    (But from the screenshot thread you are using a custom resolution so you would probably have noticed if the game had changed that.)

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wait for patches and driver updates. The game is poorly optimized and outside of how much foliage is on display, there really is no excuse for it. Looks marginally better than Dragon Age: I with a tree and grass mod (if anything i think DA:I grass looks better, quality over quantity imo).

In the mean time,
    • drop water to low as there really isnt much of a difference vs Ultra.
    • Place Foliage Distance to High. There is a noticeable difference between Ultra and High, but nothing to drastic until you're on higher ground looking out into the scenery.
    • Grass to high. High vs Ultra is only noticeable if you go comparing images side by side.
    • Texture, anywhere from low to high, any higher and you're just loosing fps for really no gain at all.
    • Turn off light shafts. Some of the worst ive ever seen and not really worth having on. Then again i dont think they really take much of hit to fps.
    • Turn off in-game aa and use sweetfx to apply FXAA or SMAA.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  3. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I'm trying to start is "Brothers in arms: Veler" where you need to help keira take care of business in Velen.
    Problem is it's stuck with telling me to talk to Keira, but there being nothing to talk about for the mission, nothing in my quest notes, and the only thing showing on the map is a waypoint that's set onto her.

Is this a bug can anyone fix it?

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I got to say that I really love the horse combat.At first it was kinda meh, but after a few hours, I can fight 5-8 enemies(4-5 levels above me) on horseback and win the fight.It is such a rewarding feeling when you behead an enemy like that :).

I'm level 7 now(almost 8), have a lot of points to assign, but I'm very careful where I put them.I think I'll go full Igni this time,full light&heavy attacks, and alchemy of course.

One thing I don't like though: I missed a side quest just because I stumbled into it by mistake. I like to do all the map first,them go for the story.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Any idea where should I go? I've done the daughter part but the quest says search for remaining clues regarding his wife in Velen. No idea where to go :(.

That said the real great thing about this game is you stumble upon quest after quest even if you currently trying to finish one. They all have such deep stories is simply amazing.

6. psycho91

psycho91 Guest

GPU:
    290x Msi Gaming 4G 4GB
    Thank you, definitely going to try

Still I do not understand why I get 15-20 fps less than benchmark! I would understand 5 fps. Not 20! too much! I definitely have a problem, and catalyst is on default :bang:
    People writing me in italian game sites that with nVidia 660Ti and Phenom II getting ultra and ssao at 20fps. Only 8 less than me :bang:

7. lowrider_05

lowrider_05 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XTXH LC
    funny i am at the same point and don´t know where to go either.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Nobody has any idea how hard it would be to adjust the day/night cycle?

I haven't been able to find anything in the config files that relate to it.

I just want to slow it down a bit so I get more night/morning/evening to work in.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    maybe it's a side effect of sharpen b\c CA is off in my user.ini

10. Alpin_fresh

Alpin_fresh Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Gigabyte G1

11. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Roche is now doing the same and it's stuck on brothers in arm.
    Any ideas?

12. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    It's tied to the Witch quest.

13. lowrider_05

lowrider_05 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XTXH LC
    thanks, you are right it could be linked will try that later

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i agree the lighting is what's making this game still look old gen, there should be AO on characters and the general lighting shader should be much better than this, as i said before, there are many surfaces that look flat, what's impressive though is the moving atmosphere, everything moves with wind, making the game feel more alive than any other game.

15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Yeah as said its tied to the witch quest. The crones. Discovered that by accident. Nice how it ties in too.

16. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  17. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Anyone else getting random crashes since patch 1.03? I've gotten around 3 in the last 14 hours.

Game never crashed once before it.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Not had any issues at all then suddenly during a boss fight my machine just turned itself off suddenly and wouldn't turn back on. Scared the hell out of me at first but it's come back on again now. :3eyes:

Temps were only hitting 68c with a 40fps cap applied so kinda strange.

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Did you open your user config from documents/The Witcher 3?
    In case you changed before patch,now the patch change that file.
    Enable/disable some stuff you changed before,if you do that before this patch.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The Witcher 3 is the New Crysis!

Piss right off! Crysis deserved the performance hit its gfx dished out. Tw3 s a last gen looking unoptimized resource hog in comparison to crysis.

Crysis 1 still looks "next-gen" next to tw3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.