nVidia GeForce 352.86 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FDisk, May 18, 2015.

1. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I haven't tried! I already bought the game without realizing the titan X deal, shame :(

2. rauf

rauf Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix
    12 BSODs with 352.86 (in game, in Firefox, at desktop..)
    0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    i've checked memory, disc, detuned my rig and nothing

roll back 350.12 and for 24h no problem

it's a first time i had a drivers issue ;(

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Well,had my first "Nvidia driver stopped responding" when reading here,1 minute ago,Not a single time with 350.12 (not even with pre-previous 347.80). Reading all these crashes and other issues from many users I hope that a next driver package will come shortly from Nvidia. Seems like is not so right about these ones.

4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Weird so many are having problems with these. I have not experienced any issues with firefox, overclocking or any driver/game crashes. Maybe the warmer weather to blame?

5. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    You heard Anna Torv guys. That invalidates all the posts reporting crashes. :rolleyes:

6. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    No it's definitely mosquito's that are at fault here. Sucking all the megahertz and stuff.

7. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Well, I guess you can still get some nice Christmas presents (3) for friends/relatives. Not sure how long the promotion will run.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    The driver runs like crap on my rig as well, driver crashes on desktop, choppy video, firefox crashes. It is a known issue for a lot of users. Real childish insinuating people do not know what they are doing. I would expect this kind of crap in the amd driver section, not this section however.

9. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i live in a cold country and my lower idle gpu teamps are 24°C, so i don't think so, and i think most of issues are rig dependant but in this driver most crashes are with chrome or similar browser (at least in my case only with chrome), some people say the witcher have crashes (i played 6 hour straight and never got a crash on that game), but MKX crashes a lot if the gpu isn't in stock clocks, all with the latest drivers.

10. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Witcher 3 CTD fix

I'm sorry Nvidia, the crash was not a driver bug after all. The conflict is caused by the GOG Galaxy game client which is currently in Beta. Follow the advise given under the GOG support page: http://www.gog.com/support/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_preorder/crash_to_desktop

Under the heading: CHECK FOR INTERFERENCE FROM GOG GALAXY
    I'm also playing the game in borderless window mode. I haven't checked yet if I can play in fullscreen mode without a crash once the galaxy.dll file has been removed from the Witcher 3 x64 folder. I used the Galaxy client to install the Witcher. After carrying out this fix I do get an error message when clicking the Witcher 3 shortcut which says the galaxy.dll file is missing. But the game starts up anyway after a few moments.

I've moved back to this driver (I also got a CTD using WHQL 350.12 before I applied this fix).

Happy days :banana:

11. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Crash in Black Ops2, as with former release...

Back to 347.88 WHQL...

WTF ??

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Those with such crashes, do you use vram OC at desktop too or just games?

Well sometimes NV readjusts ram latency for faster ram reaction (or smoother streaming) and that will affect vram OC, usually by new branches e.g. r347, r350, r352..

I remember r337 vs r331 & r334 branch, r337 was that famous boosted driver and that really affected vram OC, had to drop 200mhz back then and its like that ever since, ram 300mhz & gpu 1215mhz no way.. max it can do is 100mhz. But I usually keep it stock, not much difference with that extra 10-20gb/s..

He just confirmed it.

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I never got to testing the driver at all due to all the desktop crashes etc. They all happened at idle clocks.

14. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    nope i always overclock gpu only, not vram, and i'm using an old ddr3 1333mhz at lower latencies not at higher clocks because i'm using an h67 and that mobo desn't allow memery overclock, i will try putting them in stock latencies and see what happens, because i put everything in stock (clocks only) and chrome still crashes, and i think it's driver problem because when i downgrade driver to 350.12 and lower there is no crashes in chrome, the only game i get crashes is MKX

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    nope

its with chrome, idle gpu here

it got fixed when disabled flash HW acceleration, but i want it on later on... I OC even on desktop yeah... that could be a cause, but still, was not broken before so... fixable for nvidia :nerd:

plus in Madrid we had 37 degrees a few days ago (strange temps) without crashes, now we r on high 20s and it crashes

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I meant nvidia vram latencies not system ram latency, guess its not really it then if it crashes in idle & completely stock.. Must be something else and how it handles HW accelerated parts.

Maybe new P-state switching again? Like back with 280 & 285.xx driver branch (started with whql 280).. I remember my GF110 chip (570gtx) use switch far to often to 3d and heat up more, while some Tdr'd - it was a famous bug on Fermi GF104/114 chips..
    Took them 2-3 mayor driver branches to recover, ~295.xx or 298.xx driver..

17. gozunz

gozunz Member

GPU:
    AMD 6900xt
    I have similar experiences on my 770. Slightly slower performance in benchmarks, fans dont spin up as much, so far no crashes or any bugs.

18. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Would someone be willing to screenshot their NVIDIA Inspector profile for Witcher 3 with this driver, and post it here? I want to get the SLI settings from someone.

19. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super XC Ultra
    had the "driver not responding and recovered" message with these.

it was google chrome that was causing it (or more specifically, battlelog web plugin and chrome). updated chrome and so far seems good but, now i see a chrome message when visiting battlelog stating that support will be dropped for it soon.

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    my country weather is hot with one type of weather only. i also don't have chrome issue or the BSOD issue.

347.88 update to 352.86 1st time ever saw the black screen so i reboot the pc it finished installed with the latest driver but i worried so use DDU reinstall everything back. (the only complaint)

when open youtube on chrome it freeze awhile for loading, maybe adblock enable. i'm not sure..