The Witcher 3 Best Performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Raziael, May 19, 2015.

1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    They did, but CDPR didn't want it, said it was too late. Look up your facts.

Come on AMD... release the driver already... (getting tired of it tbh), as soon as 390X hits I'm moving to single card, so tired of crossfire. :D (When it doesn't work)

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I had no idea about that.

3. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    Considering that the game was announced at February 4, 2013 and was released 2 years, 3 months and 15 days later, asking for TressFX two months before release, after ~93% of the time has elapsed, was asking for a refusal. :3eyes:

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I call it an AMD "excuse" to be able to point the finger to the "evil" Nvidia.

Bald characters is the AMD solution for Nvidia hairworks. :D

5. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    That profile gives me performance below a single card, lol

6. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Do you have AA off and Vsync on?

7. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    It takes a minute, 50 seconds to be exact to go full speed. Check the little icon on the right of your health bar, if that stops flickering then its full speed.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Sounds like the profile accelerates once a condition is met in the engine. If water effects "turn it off", there is probably something that "turns it on".

9. professionnal

professionnal Guest

GPU:
    r9 295x2
    games running a 45 fps with my r9 295x2 and crossfire off

10. ANDMOC

ANDMOC Guest

GPU:
    R9 295x2 Sapphire
    Mine runs that way:

Crossfire off
    1080p
    Everything in Ultra
    Everything ON (includind Hairworks in 4x)
    Tesselation 16x

Running at 48~55fps

Driver 15.4

11. Lord Lucifer

Lord Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    2x Titan X SLI
    I'm not even getting close to that, but I'm running 3440x1440.

Anyone have any recommendations I could try?

12. eshk

eshk Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor 280x 3gb
    Can someone tell me if my cpu causing the random stutters, though its usage and temps are fairly normal. Happened with Far Cry, and mostly ubisoft games, and now Witcher 3. If I were to upgrade should I land in a better cpu or gpu? Thanks.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Happens here too it's just the games not your CPU.

14. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Because you think that AMD will go pressure the developpers of CDR, or any other studio who have contract with Nvidia for include their technology, gamework, physx for put instead their own one ? lol good luck.

On CDR this will mean break the contract with Nvidia or change the term of it.
    ( or maybe break the good relation they have with them ).

You know it is not how work this industry, studio need money for developp games, then its a question of who put enough money and get the contract. ( relations with the studio make it too ofc ).

Hé, this type of relation or contract have nothing wrong, it is like that who work this industry.. no problem with that.

Basically AMD have nearly every EA contract, Nvidia most UBIsoft contract.

Some peoples will bring GTA5, but the situation with it is different, the contract who is passed between rockstar and Nvidia or AMD is not the same that the contract who link Ubisoft or CDR with Nvidia.

Rockstar dont use gamework ( it have add 1-2 features ( basically HBAO+ and FXAA if remember well ), but thoses 2 are and independant plugin, you dont need the gamework blackbox library for make it work..

The politic of Rockstar is different with the hardware brands than is the politic of some studio. Im pretty sure they have excellent relation with Nvidia, as AMD too.

Rockstar use Bullet as physic engine, they mostly do their own library for their engine, for their games, so the contract their do with hardware brands are way different of what you can see on some other studio

The most funny things is TressFX 3.0 is developped tightly for be integrated on a tile deffered + forward engine. and CDR red engine is somewhat a tile deffered + forward engine.

On this point, there engine is really similar of all the move who happend right now on the graphic engine side ( next Deus EX, Battlefront etc )

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  15. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    for me is amd gpu problem i have a i5 2320 and i use a 7790 , 270 and 7970 and all games of ubisoft have that issue, with patchs games run better , and now witcher 3 have too this issue .

16. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    I thought Nvidia allowed TressFX or whatever to be in The Witcher, their contract just states that they can't give AMD any source code of GameWorks. But the Developers themselves can do what they want and (for example) optimize it for AMD cards.

Something along those lines, but of course that's a bit unrealistic, that would mean that every game that uses GameWorks needs to optimize their game for AMD instead of just having AMD optimize their drivers for GameWorks. So yeah;P

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    We really don't know what's in the GameWorks contract. I don't have a single GameWorks game that runs great :)

18. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    I wrote based on the statements that's been made in interviews from both Nvidia and the Game Developer, can't say if they lied or not though:)

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  19. XWolfGhost

XWolfGhost Member

GPU:
    MSI 290x 4GB x2
    Seems like they could've had it implemented if they had asked sooner and not two months before the release, when the game is pretty much complete.
    http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2015/05/amd-says-nvidias-gameworks-completely-sabotaged-witcher-3-performance/2/

I really don't understand the big controversy over it anyways, neither technology is really worth using yet. They both look over exaggerated and not how real hair looks or acts. Needs more work before I'd consider it being worth the fuss over. AMD is just using it as an excuse for not having a proper driver ready yet.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If anyone is in need for very good visuals while not impacting performance, then get to quoted post.