AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I still have msaa bug in dx11 in GTA5 :(

EDIT:

This one ---

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    :banana:

Sounds like a case for the ...

[​IMG]

I found a nice "little" bug on the AMD drivers for Windows 10 that break the whole OS if you are using switchable graphics. Lets see how long it will take to fix up.

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Hahahahaha

"The tiger team" is the AMD weapon to destroy Nvidia...

...in the PR wars!

:D

4. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW [SLI]
    The 8.1 x64 MEGA link doesnt work, it errors out.

Anyone got a mirror?

5. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Breaks OS for crossfire as well. I don't think they even test the drivers with crossfire. They make it an automated Windows 10 update that makes the computer completely unusable. The less computer savvy people that only play games would have no idea how to fix it.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Don't read too much into the file versions. I haven't checked these out, but if they're anything like every other Catalyst driver with a different package number, the actual files will be different. Basically commits have been done to the code without a bump in version numbers.

Also don't expect too much in regards to Windows 7 and 8.1 drivers from a gaming perspective. Focus now is on Windows 10, and rightly so, since most people on Windows 7 and 8.1 will take the offer up of the free upgrade.

7. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Crossfire doesn't even work with Windows 10 drivers. If you have more than 1 card you can't even use the computer when the drivers are installed. I'd hardly say they are focused on Windows 10. They haven't bothered taking it down yet, it's still an automated install.

8. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    So any API Overhead improvements? Similar to the ones on Windows 10 Drivers? I'm at work right now, I'll download them and give them a whirl when I get home.

So GTA 5 DX11 Artifacts Issue with MSAA is the only fix we have thus far? Other people are saying Project Cars improvements? and no Witcher 3 improvements whatsoever?

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    There is an user who posted a pic in the other thread and said it doesn't solve the MSAA bug for him.

We didn't know so far the changes of this "leaked" driver.

We need the "leak" of the changelog aswell.

:D

10. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Well I got some fps in the rain thats about it. (In Pcars)

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I just don't understand how we still don't have a WHQL Driver since last year. I just saw on the news nVidia released a WHQL Windows 10 Driver several hours after releasing their Windows 8.1 WHQL Witcher 3 Drivers.

They're releasing so many drivers I'm not 100% sure they're even updating anything, it's just they're teasing us AMD Users and it's working, I am pissed off haha :bang:

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    People who have no idea shouldn't install BETA OS'.

Seems just like an iterative release. No big deal apparently, and they don't behave like the 1018/1023 drivers.
    People who say that they should focus only on the Windows 10 driver, forget that we actually see quite big differences in Windows 8.1 actually.

13. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Ran the API overhead test, no real changes from 15.4:

[​IMG]

From left to right: 15.5 on W8.1 x64, 15.4 on W8.1 x64 and 1023 on W10 x64.

14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    People who say they should focus ONLY on Windows 10 drivers have simply lost it. Even worse the people who think DirectX 11 is over and every developer in the world is happily going to embrace DirectX 12 immediately (which even if that's the case, does that mean all current DX11 games online and offline will just be ignored?)... :3eyes:

I've said this before, I don't ever remember recommending nVidia GPU's over AMD GPU's up until recently (over the last six months). As a result 3 people I know have purchased nVidia videocards (I do this because there's a lower chance they call me or come back to me to fix issues with games they're installing, instead I can just tell them go to guru3d and download the latest drivers, not only that I can just say I don't have experience with nVidia hardware, I only recommended it because you asked for something stable, and currently AMD is all over the place). For those who are willing to wait, including myself, we're waiting for the 390X to see its price and performance will be worth it (not just for gaming) and see if AMD has fixed their driver issues by then...

In the end, if AMD is truly ONLY focusing on Windows 10 and DirectX 12 (which they're not completely, we can see improvements with DX11 titles in Windows 10), I can say with confidence, they're losing even more customers as a result of it (especially over the last few months). Right now everyone is either using Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 (they can't completely forget about that). Well I guess they can actually, since whether or not people will buy the R9 200x series cards, they will all be taken back and re-branded and re-sold with HBM instead of GDDR5 as 300x series. So I can see why they're solely focusing on getting Windows 10 drivers perfect (if that's what they're doing), but they're losing current customers as a result (for future customers). Big risk, big reward, if it works.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Are 15.5 the same as 15.4 with a new name? I hope AMD aren't planning on releasing these officially!
    I can't rely on the hope the R3xx series will make everything better. It's simply going to be the case of a new improved GPU with the same old driver schedule. Not worth it.

16. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Right,nv lead with "1st world whql driver for windows 10" and people still have crash in TW3(with beloved gameworks) and Amd Catalyst 15.4.1 driver works good in TW3 without crash.
    So whos the winner here?
    You know this phrase: its done when its done. :)

17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    nVidia will probably blame the game and/or Microsoft for the crash and rightly so... If the crash only occurs on Windows 10, does that mean it's a driver issue? I'm not sure.

But of course, like you said, they probably just wanted to reserve the right to say "FIRST" (and there's nothing wrong with that, and if the issue is a driver issue, they'll probably fix it and release another WHQL driver within a week).

I'm not saying I expect the same kind of service from AMD, one WHQL driver every couple of months with actual fixes/performance enhancements would be great (not necessarily performance enhancements, but fixes to actual issues addressed in past driver). Two Beta's can go in-between every WHQL driver. They just need a bigger/stronger/faster driver team that can be split to work on both Windows 10 and current OS's (but they should have done that 6 months ago).

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    After reading this thread I don't see the point in this driver. Seems either the same as 15.4 or worse so I don't get why this driver exist in the first place. It looks like a half compiled piece of garbage.

19. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
  20. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X