The Witcher 3 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 11, 2015.

1. Tronman

Tronman Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    So true, I game on an xbone as well but it would be nice to have some PC games unrestrained from the woeful hardware in them. Wonder what will happen when/if steam machines are released with the valve controller. Maybe the console market will shift to them and we won't get crappy ports?

2. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Interesting, I tried Optimize 1x1 without triple buffering and had negative scaling. I'm at work now, will definitely give it a try when I get home.

I think TW3 is better, technically than TW2, but TW2 had much more detail and effort put into its environments and in the end I do agree, it is the prettier game. That forest in chapter I and the mountains in chapter II are just down-right gorgeous IMO.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Probably not.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hmm then I may be wrong, it worked better at least with Optimize 1x1, but not as well as AFR friendly, but it introduced crazy flickering.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    50/50 usage here.

6. Enixmage

Enixmage Guest

GPU:
    290 4Gb
    290 newish drivers i'm popping 60fps..

Ok, so I had to re-sign up again hadn't logged in here in years,,,usually just browse, but I figured i'd help out the community. Okay so first this is amd only. In cat control panel I did up the cpu by 7% and set fan to 57%.
    I assume you cats know how to do that.Doing that basically makes a 290 a 290x, well fairly close.

Now the driver. /forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=398523
    Guru 3d won't let me post links cause it's a new account....... just put a http on that link..Sorry

This driver comes from user vbs I take no credit just sharing. It's the windows 10 driver made to work on windows 8 or 8.1. Honestly it's a bit of a pain to install have to use device manager it's not that hard or anything.Have to reboot a few times just a tad annoying for a driver install but it's worth it, just follow his instructions.

His post is down the page a bit it's not the op's driver though they kinda are the same the op's driver didn't have super resolutions at first, but I think he fixed it, Anyway download user's VBS'S driver, and follow his instructions. You'll need to use DDU (display driver uninstaller) to clean out all the **** first.

I should point out they made this driver when GTA 5 hit and it increased some users frame rate by 30 fps, (although personally I think they had a buncha stuff DDU cleaned + driver combo). It did help my gta by 7ish avg frames, and smoothed it, and it's killing the Witcher 3. Lowest I've dropped is 48 for a half second in a heavy wooded area in a large fight.

My settings are push ultra button.. turn off nvidia **** obviously turn shadows to high and foliage render distance to high... everything else on ultra.That's it 1920x1080p

Well I hope this helps you cats. try it you won't be disappointed also lovely if your playing gta. I'm going back to playing i'll attempt to check back in to see if this helped anyone or if you guys have questions, but i'm off to game.

7. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    I only tried it in the starting room. Had around 40-45 FPS in single-GPU, Optimize 1x1 set from CCC brought me down to 31-32FPS with ~60% GPU usage. Hadn't touched anything in RadeonPro by that point and VSync was off.

Worth a try anyway, if it works I'll probably get a solid 60 with everything except HairWorks maxed.

8. Enixmage

Enixmage Guest

GPU:
    290 4Gb
    Forgot somthing

I forgot till I started up the game again... I didn't like the in game AA so in cat control panel I set override game AA and set the AA options to 4xEQ.
    EQ in witcher 3 is lovely. i'm playing on a Samsung un55d800 (55inch) tv also. I can't see a jaggie one... but idk maybe if you're playing 60 or bigger you might.

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    20+ inch here and I see aliasing :)
    Resolution is what reduces aliasing, not screen size.

10. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    @AMDMatt any news on the driver or Crossfire advice?

11. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDE6JqMmIqs

WOW even on 980 SLI 5960x Just one beast of a system they only get about +-60-70FPS. I mean WTF who expect us to run this beast for max graphics is just mad. I must say I can't wait for dx12 I just hope every game will implement the Bridging of graphics card(s) with integrated graphics. Just imagine if you can have your integrated graphics to render some minor stuff like smoke effects and so on and your gpu does the rest. That can be helpful I think. Anyway looks liek we would have to get a patch or maybe a few to sort out performance issues.

This video is the reason i don't care about nvidia effects. It's cool and all but not a deal breaker.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    250GB gaming SSD. Bet they have loads of games lol!

Look at the scaling though. Very good.
    Man I hate it when people don't enable the frametime OSD.

13. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Well i am here to report the performance of my rig. At the beginning of the game, in the castle the frames where hovering between 50-62 per sec. As soon i woke up from the dream and in the jungle, the frames went to 42- 50, with an average of 47 and the lowest i saw was 39. Games setting everything was set to max both graphics and post processing, in exception of hairworks. I also ran the game with hairworks and i had between 26-30 fps. Anyways here is a pic for the dirty minds ;) [​IMG] Dat ass :D, let the fapping begin

14. Spartakush

Spartakush Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    r9 290 Tri-x @ 1150Mz
    FX 8350 @ 4.7GHz

I'm using the Win8.1 Modded 1023 drivers by Vbs, and jesus christ this game truly runs as smooth as a baby's asscheek. I'm getting a consistent 60 frames no matter the situation so far, gaming at 1080p. Now, I did have to turn off hairworks (obviously) and HBAO+, but honestly the performance trade off is not worth it... gameworks is like a plague that has attached itself to this game, watching how well it runs with it off is just further proof of it's shoddy performance, at least on AMD cards anyway.

Also I turned shadows and Foliage distance from Ultra to High - everything else is at Ultra. So if you're running AMD, the first settings I'd suggest playing around with are:
    Hairworks*
    HBAO+*
    Foliage Visibility Range
    Shadows

Also make sure you're running fullscreen!

15. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Yea asscheek :D me like

16. Enixmage

Enixmage Guest

GPU:
    290 4Gb
    Anit-aliasing doesn't reduce aliasing...I don't know how to respond to that...

4x EQ is good up to 55 inch in 1080p If you have a larger tv then yeah you may have to increase res or use a higher AA method.. I would love to get this in 4k mind but that isn't happening on a 290. But try the drivers I posted I see another user here using them and they are crushing Witcher in performance.

17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Agree but I mean they only get 60-70FPS on a rig that will cost almost the same as a second hand car...lol

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The CPU they used costs 2/3 my entire PC! :)
    GameWorks in full effect.

19. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Nvidia gameworks is a bunch of BS. Just for super rich people that can afford to pay through their A$$es

20. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    To be honest this game seems to be quite light on CPUs. I'm getting 20-25% across each thread at 2560x1440, very nicely and evenly distributed. I'd be surprised if super expensive CPUs make much of a difference at all.