ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Bards n Lard

Bards n Lard Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 280x
    A little help injecting SweetFX to TW3.

I'm using Boulotaur's latest version but it doesn't work just by copy-paste, I can however make it work via RadeonPro.

2. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    TW3=The Witcher 3?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you want to give it a try ReShade is compatible with Witcher 3 though the depth buffer is apparently not fully working so no DOF effects and such, or you can continue use Radeon Pro if you'd rather prefer that. :)
    (The GeForce.com guide did mention problems with getting injectors to work so I assume the old ones aren't fully compatible.)

4. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    Oh look...the Reshade salesman is back...how surprising.
    I know...maybe I should start butting into every conversation on the Reshade forum and try to switch everyone over to SweetFX_1.5.1, lol.

You apparently don't realize it, but every time you butt in it just makes Reshade look utterly desperate for attention.
    You actually give the impression that Reshade is dying of neglect. :3eyes:

If you would stop nipping at everybody's heels like a hyperactive chihuahua, maybe you could actually let the person that made a request for SweetFX_Boulotaur support answer a question...ok?

Last edited: May 19, 2015

5. Bards n Lard

Bards n Lard Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 280x
    I have to check it out, but in the meantime I'm just gonna play the game.

Here's my preset if anyone's interested.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh what does it matter as long as it works since that's what's important here and it's not like the other injectors will be updated further either from how things look so there's little choice if nothing else is actually compatible with this particular game but he did mention that Radeon Pro's method worked so there's always that though far as I know it's not as easily customizable as the stand-alone injectors but I could of course be wrong about that.
    (Besides as I see it this is the general SweetFx thread so which injector one uses with these shaders shouldn't really matter and ReShade is mentioned in the opening post anyways so might as well recommend it when it works since it's frequently updated and also includes further updates to SweetFx 2.0 and other shaders.)

Not really sure what you seem to have against ReShade but we'll just have to agree to disagree about it I suppose and I'll leave it to the topic creator or the forum moderators to decide if ReShade should be mentioned here or not so until then I'll keep recommending it if it works with a particular game. :)
    (Since it's in active development and has further updates to SweetFx and the other shader packs I personally see it as a upgrade although if older injectors are preferred it's not like there's a problem with using them but it's dependent on if the game is actually compatible or not and in this case Witcher 3 does work with ReShade whereas other injectors seem to have compatibility problems though perhaps those can be resolved.)

7. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    Round & round & round we go...its like talking to a brick wall.

The question is why did you butt in when somebody asked specifically for support regarding SweetFX_Boulotaur?
    Why did you butt in when somebody asked specifically for support regarding SweetFX_1.5.1?

Closed-source software that connects to the internet is a bit of a security sinkhole.
    I'll tell you what, why doesn't Crosire just publish the source code like Boulotaur did?
    That would certainly boost people's confidence in Reshade. :)

Normally software is developed in well defined stages referred to as "milestones".
    Each of those milestone releases is totally complete and useful.
    On the other hand, what I have seen with Reshade seems to be a desire to prolong development indefinitely.

EFX was in development for a long time and it was ultimately abandoned without even achieving a fraction of the usability of SweetFX.
    So by your definition I guess its long development time was somehow a positive thing.
    I don't think most people would classify it that way.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Jonas is a long standing and extremely helpful member of guru3d. You need to show some respect buddy.

The only round and round going on here is you and your constant whining. Id quit it.

9. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    This whole thing is getting ridiculous.

I have never shown disrespect to anybody.

I merely pointed out that specific requests for support regarding SweetFX_1.5.1 & SweetFX_Boulotaur should not be derailed constantly.

10. Shabadoo

Shabadoo Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080TI
    Perhaps you should take your own advice and stop jumping down peoples throats every time someone mentions reshade. Also while you may have never directly attacked anyone in this thread there sure is a crap ton of ad hominem attacks being throw toward visitors of this thread by you which is just as bad :\

11. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    Please stop trying to imply actions that never happened.
    Do you even know what the term ad hominem means?
    You are actually the one making an ad hominem attack in your post. :)

The main objection I raised was to Reshade bug reports being improperly posted on this forum.
    Trying to characterize that as "jumping down people's throats" is laughable.
    I also objected to specific requests for help with SweetFX_1.5.1 or SweetFX_Boulotaur being interrupted and derailed.

Even though there have been many purely personal attacks against me on this forum I have never responded in like manner.
    That is all just a cynical ploy anyway since the real objective is to remove any opposition to Reshade.
    Just as WinXP literally had to be wiped out in order to force users to "upgrade" to Win8,
    there is a concerted effort to destroy SweetFX_1.5.1 & SweetFX_Boulotaur in order to pave the way for Reshade.

Like many other SweetFX veterans, I am fully aware that in fact this is not an upgrade but rather a downgrade.
    By contrast, when Boulotaur2024 single-handedly created his injector for SweetFX everything was done exactly as it should be:
    1. It was created completely in-house.
    2. Feature requests were listened to and implemented.
    3. It had semi milestone releases.
    4. The development was not dragged out over an unreasonable amount of time.
    5. There were no security concerns inherent in it.
    6. The source code was published.
    (Although I will undoubtedly think of other items later, that's probably enough to get my point across for now.)

I strongly suggest that it is in everybody's interest to create a new injector in-house designed exclusively for SweetFX.
    I would also stipulate that it should be done as an open-source project in a completely transparent manner with the source code published at GitHub.
    If this can be accomplished, the users would benefit, Guru3D would benefit, and of course CeeJay would benefit by having a platform tailor-made for SweetFX. :)

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  12. XRyche

XRyche Guest

GPU:
    MSI AMD R7 265 OC 2GB
    Oh wow, looks like someone found a thesaurus and auto-correct along with there word-processing program. Needless to say, as I am absolutely sure you will point out from up on that very, oh so very high horse of yours, I am not well acquainted with injectors or HLSL for that matter. I never said I was. Also since when has a relatively open forum not allowed beginners to state their issues or opinions without having to worry about being brow-beaten by some ill-tempered and ill-mannered "Member Guru".

Why is a "forum like this" not a place for all individuals regardless of their perceived expertise? Maybe it's because of self-important, pseudo-moderators like yourself make it so it isn't.

My whole point from the onset is that you are posturing little wanna-be genius of this particular thread who doesn't know how to (or won't) be polite and doesn't have a modicum of humility and respect for others.

It is you and not the content which will drive this thread to a slow death.

I am done trading insults with you. You seem to thrive on pointless confrontation.

Good luck in chasing people away people from this thread.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone got any decent reshade settings for Far Cry2?

14. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Show some respect. Next time you post something like this you will receive a infraction.
    and no this is not open for discussion :)

16. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    Wow, your brazen attempt to turn facts on their head is pretty stunning.
    Furthermore, your continued outpouring of venom is somewhat amusing, although it is becoming tedious.
    However, I trust in the common sense of most readers and they can simply read the prior posts if they want to understand things clearly despite your attempt to rewrite history.

By the way, this is the second time you have claimed that you were done with your venomous attacks.
    I was actually content to let the situation go, but the continual drive by so many here to attack me certainly raises eyebrows.

I made very clear that my objection in that case was to specific requests for help with SweetFX_1.5.1 & SweetFX_Boulotaur being interrupted and derailed repeatedly.
    Obviously if somebody went on the Reshade forum and repeatedly interrupted requests for help with Reshade it wouldn't be allowed.
    Although there have been many blatantly false ad hominem attacks against me, I have never shown disrespect to anybody.
    No matter.
    As I have stated previously several times, I am not against Reshade.
    What I am against is the obvious effort to destroy SweetFX_1.5.1 & SweetFX_Boulotaur in order to attempt to force users to adopt Reshade.

SweetFX was originally a unique stand-alone post-processing injector that piggy-backed on injectSMAA.
    Of course Boulotaur2024 later created an injector to replace injectSMAA and extend the capabilities of SweetFX.
    The Boulotaur injector was a model for the proper procedures and goals of software development.

By contrast, Reshade is a regression on multiple accounts.
    The most glaring examples are the fact that the source code has not been published and it has admitted security concerns inherent in it.

If Guru3D wants to kill off SweetFX_1.5.1 & SweetFX_Boulotaur rather than resparking development then that is their call I guess.
    However, the ultimate losers in the situation are the users.

P.S. I wasn't actually intending to post again, but the continued violent hostility to my posts made me even more curious about the true underlying nature of the situation. :)

17. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    This is a SweetFX thread, so it is supposed to cover all versions.
    There is absolute no reason for bashing people for recommend or ask support about ReShade and SweetFX beta, since they are advertised on the first page.

I do understand that reporting on official Reshade's forum is better, but you are just scaring beginners away.

Boulotaur's injector is not even officially supported, while ReShade will eventually replace old injectSMAA. Right now, given that ReShade is growing fast, I don't even think there will be a 1.6 version anymore.

Now, about your concerns on ReShade's integrity, why don't you just take your own advice and post them on ReShade's forum? This would clear up this thread a little bit.

18. jackie

jackie Guest

GPU:
    Sorry bud, I got bored with this nonsense a while ago.
    If Guru3D doesn't care that SweetFX has been nicked right from under their nose then why should I?

It was actually very clever of CeeJay to figure out that he could do a lot more with injectSMAA than its original author intended.
    Boulotaur's injector was even better and the fact that he donated it and actually published the source code was commendable.
    However, those times are past and they obviously won't return here.
    Compatibility with ENB will probably always keep original SweetFX alive regardless though.

So feel free to keep shoving Reshade down people's throats when they come here looking for SweetFX_1.5.1 support.
    Knock yourselves out posting Reshade bug reports here as well.
    Besides, I suspect that all the current injectors may soon be obsolete when Vulkan & DX12 come online anyway.

:)

19. Bones

Bones New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 7900 GT/GTO
    Hey all,
    Can anyone help me with a sweetfx error?

I have just freshly installed windows and FSX on a computer. When I install SweetFX for FSX it crashes every time at the moment it would normally load the menu. I don't have any anti aliasing enabled yet.

This is the error the log gives me:
    full path: C:\FSX\
    redirecting CreateDevice
    initialising shader environment
    device->GetBackBuffer failed
    redirecting CreateDevice
    initialising shader environment
    D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
    try to use "C:\FSX" for shader files

computerspecs:
    I7 4790K
    PNY GTX960