The Witcher 3 4K Ultra Settings Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 17, 2015.

1. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    In the video... Thats one ugly wall

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Had to pause this video a few times because I was actually crying from laughter :bawl:

3. lanelor

lanelor Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Stryx
    "for Ultra-Details and Full HD already a fast middle-class card like a GTX 770 oder R9 280X is sufficient"

Define sufficient. If the game berely scratches 30 FPS, is that ok and sufficient?

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, the issue is with making fun of consoles because they cant keep X fps at Y resolution, when the pc with all its capability, cant even run console ports at 4k @60fps+ and then saying playing a game at 30fps at 4k is somehow soooo much better:wanker:. No, its utterly stupid to half your framerate for a negligible detail increase.

Typical hypocritical bullocks from pc gamers.

Last edited: May 18, 2015

5. OUT FOX EM

OUT FOX EM Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 (x2)
    Sad to say, I was severely underwhelmed by that video (watched it in 1440p on my 1600p monitor).

I've never played any of the Witcher games, but being somewhat of a graphics whore, I've always been aware of them. I expected much better visuals than what this game offers, if this is truly at "ultra" settings. Very, very low poly rocks, terrible ground and wall textures, and the vegetation/foliage leaves a lot to be desired. The things I am talking about would be unaffected by YouTube compression, so that can't be blamed. At the 1:28-1:29 mark, look at the snow he's standing on -- that is seriously Nintendo 64 quality, in terms of both textures and poly count.

Now this is not to say the game looks bad as a whole, but I have always been under the impression that the Witcher games were among the best looking. I was definitely disappointed by many things I saw in terms of graphics.

EDIT: Decided to just embed the part I was talking about (4K screengrab):

[​IMG]

6. Edo

Edo Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X 3GB CU
    Guyz we should be happy that the game is not locked at 30 FPS...seriously....NOT.
    It boggles my mind that the developer who was made what they are by us PC gamers would decide to do something like this.Yesterday I saw the included gfx options and was disgusted that the only AA options was on/off....really CDPR...REALLY
    [​IMG]

7. OUT FOX EM

OUT FOX EM Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 (x2)
    No way... Are you serious?

8. goodCode

goodCode Guest

GPU:
    gtx970 OC
    you are not right

that pc can hit better fps and resolutions - nothing new.

But the graphics was downgraded: look this :
    http

i.minus.com/ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

9. Edo

Edo Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X 3GB CU
    YES,I'm serious.Unless they patch it ,we are stuck with the default AA they used,which is FXAA .

10. goodCode

goodCode Guest

GPU:
    gtx970 OC
    In my opinion:

it is just one Witcher 3 version: ps4. In 2013 they started to make the game using pc version (maybe another game engine). But in order to meet "new" console requirements they was not able to use same gameEngine or similar graphics configurations, whey needed to use some different stuff. So they change graphics visuals in deep or at all. And it costs to much to gave 2 graphics builds, for pc and console. But what doest it mean "cost to much". There are games only for PC and they make the profit. The game/missions are the same, they only needed to make the graphics: textures, environment, lighting/tessellation, whey don't need to make new game. They just want to take PC market for free (with 0 or 1 % efforts) .

[​IMG] see this img and you will understand what I am talking about.

11. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    You should never pre-order a game based on how the graphics look. That is idiotic

12. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Don't really care if there's been a downgrade or not. After being behind the scenes of a recent games development, it's not as black or white as people here and on other forums think. I still play the Witcher 2 and the graphics still look good, so I'm not really bothered. The game is still going to be awesome. People get far too worked up about stuff, it's a game and a game that will be fun which is the very reason most play them.

13. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Again, thats your OPINION - you seem to think that because its your opinion, it becomes fact... but guess what, it doesnt. To others, having more eye candy might easily worth taking an fps hit for.

But ill agree with that people speaking of pc as a single entity being better than consoles are morons. Pc hardware varies tons, where as console hardware doesnt. Plenty of pc players with worse hardware than the consoles.

14. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

Ye,... but isnt the game like... sub-average?

i understand it had a big world and lots of filler... but still; no magic in it like a way lesser game called Stalker... i dunno

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    They fcked up, the day 1 patch does not contain any gfx improvements.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, and most have no interest in future proof games being released.

I'm the same with image quality, with the exception of racing games, something like 4k is much more important to me than framerate.

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I also want IQ and a respectable framerate.

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    While the game may not be graphically pleasing in which pretty much everyone expected it to be. Blaming the Consoles is just stupid because it isn't their fault that the PC version is suffering graphically it is the game developer's since they should spend more time with the PC version.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Day 1 patch will improve vegetation, shadows and textures.

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How do you know that Rich_Guy?