The Witcher 3 4K Ultra Settings Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 17, 2015.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Not sure if you remember a little game called Crysis?

Yes, 30fps generally isn't a great framerate to have in games. But if it's a CONSISTENT 30fps (i.e. not much fluctuation, very few major drops), 30fps is quite easily playable.

2. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Here's the video that I took that screenshot from.

They're deleting threads and comments over at CDPR's forum which mention the downgrade and how they had promised PC to be substantially better graphically than console versions.

Back in 2014 when that 35 minute gameplay video was released, CDPR stated that the graphics were not even set to Ultra, and that the highest graphics setting is going to be a "surprise".

It sure was a "surprise"....

http://s1.webmshare.com/9Wb1z.webm

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    its not playable though. In fact id be tempted to say that its harmful to your eyes. Just pure stutter/judder like someone is turning the screen off and on as you're playing or having a flashing light in your eyes.

Playing a game at 4k does not make up for a 30fps frame-rate in any way what so ever on the pc. It makes no sense to sacrifice a stable 60fps for such a massive loss in playability and anyone who does is clearly convincing themselves otherwise just so they can hop on the 4k bandwagon and its laughable to read about pc gamers complaing of consoles not being able to do 1080/60, yet here they are playing fps and racing games at -30fps just so they can run 4k. What a joke.

Makes much more sense to go with a resolution and AA level that allows you to keep 60fps+.

Anything lower than 60 and you may as well not bother.

4. VENGEANCE

VENGEANCE Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1070 HOF @2164
    oh my god wat a load of crap..ive seen better graphics in other games ...the trees and vegetation is so flat and old news .wtf is wrong here with this company who created this game..???
    Star citizen looks more real

5. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I wish people would stop talking crap about it's the consoles fault.

The original video was just that, A video that they hoped the final product would look like, some of it was in fact CGI. Some of it was running on a system that may have had many GPU'S. who knows.

As for game engines.

From what I've seen and read, Normally you have the Maxed PC version and drop quality where needed for consoles to run acceptably.

Maybe people should ask CDPR about the quality in detail,lol.

6. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It sure was a surprise.. and your vid doesn't work mate. :D

Fixed the youtube vid for ya lol.

It was the consoles fault bro, no doubt in that.

7. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT

But that's just it...videos are not going to provide a true 1:1 perfect 100% recreation of a game actually running in real time..;) There are compression artifacts that cannot be eliminated, as well as frame-skips & jumps & stutters that also are part & parcel of making a video of in-game sequences. From the videos I've seen of supposed actual gameplay it would appear that most of them suffer from severe compression artifacts.

The videos I will agree are disappointing as the IQ does indeed look unacceptably low. CDPR could put all of this to rest by releasing a short (or long) demo of the game that will run with 100% of the image quality possible in the full game. Otherwise it isn't going to be possible to judge from the videos, I'm afraid. It's difficult to believe that CDPR would put out a Witcher game that looks as bad as some of these videos...;) They'd better not be "saving" the good PC stuff until an EE version, either...;) Unless CDPR has a death wish, I mean...;)

Edit: Take a look at these in-game screen shots--absolutely gorgeous--and really illustrates how fake most of thsi "downgrade" garbage is...;) It seems I was right--CDPR is not that dumb after all...;)

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  8. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    I'm not really sure as to what their idea with this was, why bother ever saying it was going to look that good when it couldn't, it makes no marketing sense as the Witcher is an established brand and the majority of people don't care that much about the graphics. Comparatively wtachdogs was a new IP and had no playerbase, so in that case any morons you can get to preorder are bonuses.

If it had looked as it does now in the trailers people would have been mildy disappointed, but I cant see it affecting sales much, and if they blamed it on the consoles (Because lets face it, consoles are the worst) the majority of people would have been fine with it.

All this says to me either, the extra stuff they're releasing is going to be really good, or that they really overestimated what the consoles could handle, or their dev team could handle in terms for adapting for the platform.

9. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    It is common knowledge the Consoles are underpowered so keep wishing cos people aren't going to shut up about it any time soon, games are simply scaling badly from console to PC because consoles don't have the horsepower to run them at the same level as PC so developers are forced to cut corners and introduce stupid things like parity which only undermines the pc community.

10. expo

expo Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 / 3.5GB + 0.5GB
    How else can they release an 'enhanced' version in a few months :)

[​IMG]
    Left:E3 trailer
    Right: final PC version (unpatched with day-1)

Seriously, might be the best game ever, but my trust in CDP took a dive

11. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Thats your OPINION - that doesnt make it factual truth.

Others (such as myself) are of another opinion.

12. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I can just imagine the meeting where the cute Polish woman hired as a consultant comes in a at some point says, "platform parity," before showing sales charts from EA and Ubisoft and an ROI graph of PC exclusives.

13. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Sorry not buying it.

If the dev wanted to have a very much higher end PC version, that could have been done.

From what I've seen, there is barely any difference between high and ultra, which is strange.

Sick of people talking about PC'S as if there is only one type.

Many would struggle to run games at a much higher rate. As for highend systems, people waffle on about 4k. The graphics are not good enough to warrant 4k. Not even close.

Pc users should be happy in the fact, they can run the game with more aa, higher quality in some area's, higher framerate if you have the hardware.

As for the graphics of this game, it is nowhere near the best looking game.

The trailer was a demo made to show off the type of combat, game play. But the problem was, It was a trailer shown off with ultra high end ubersampling which was never coming lol.

I game on both PC and PS4. But the saltyness from PC users is comical.

Most steam users won't even be able to run this high 1080p with AA.

14. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Breaking news!!! CDPR makes public statement regarding The Witcher 3 graphics parity-gate!

https://youtu.be/uDilcyyyKJM

Why don't you go compare the final product with the 35 minute long gameplay video from about 6 months ago. It's like night/day. No CGI either.

Remember how a few months ago the install size was announced as being around 40gb? Go check it out now. It's been "downgraded" to 25gb.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-confirms-install-size-is-50gb-on-ps4/1100-6425046/

Go visit CDPR's forums and you'll see what's up. Even the moderators who have been hardcore defenders of the developers have gotten to the point where they simply can't defend this crap.

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    It WAS done! Look at the 35 minute long gameplay video from 6 months ago. It looks FAR superior to the final product. All those assets and high quality post processing effects were removed from the game. At the time the game was supposed to be 40gb+.... then came the delay which CDPR claimed was for fixing bugs and "optimizing". But it turns out their definition of "optimizing" would more accurately be defined as "downgrade, enable parity, make all platforms equal". Now the install size is around 25gb. I wonder how they lightened the game by so much?

Goodbye interior lighting quality, screenspace reflections, particle effects, tessellation,

i mean... WTF??

[​IMG]

here's another example:

December 2014 build:

[​IMG]

Final PC Ultra build:

[​IMG]

Notice how in the december build the light that directly hits the stone is diffused and illuminates the shadow areas in the background. Look at the ground textures as well. Heck... look everywhere!

16. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    The underwhelming feeling I get from watching this latest video is disheartening. I was afraid this would be a trend with every hyped title from here on out, but I was expecting more from a company that had origins on PC. Graphics don't make a game... but to bait us into false sense of expectations then take it away right at the end, does not sit well with me, that's why I agree with the so called "whine" than to just sit there and surrender to such practices in the future.

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    This is basically why you shouldnt ever preorder a game (unless you WANT to get facked in the arse)

18. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Looks like Gothic2...

Hoping for prettier graphics and further optimization for pcs.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well, we don't really know how big that day1 patch is, maybe its just a thing to prevent the leak to be played at max quality.

And once its official it will restore its gfx fidelity, if not then they fcked up really bad.

20. rta

rta Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970
    It looks ok. Not any better than FC4 or Tomb Raider. But it looks ok.