The Witcher 3 4K Ultra Settings Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 17, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There's a youtube video available on the Witcher 3, it demo's the game running in Ultra High resolution (Ultra HD). Though this likely is not the final version with extra graphics enhancements, at U...

The Witcher 3 4K Ultra Settings Video

2. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    downgrade whine imminent in 3... 2... 1... GO!

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Titan X barely doing 30FPS at 4K is worrying... and like you said, this is prior to the day one patch which apparently has further graphical enhancements.

4. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    The brick wall at the start of that video is really immersion breaking. It's totally totally flat. I hope a little bit of at least tessellation makes it onto that wall on Tuesday. We've had tessellation on walls like that since the secret world came out and that was a long time ago now.

Looks like I'll be ok for 40-50fps at 4k to be honest

5. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    A) The game runs very well. German source but with google translator you can pick some parts out

Not only that but they weren't playing with the drivers nvidia (and maybe amd) will release before launch plus the day one patch is meant to improve performance.

B) The day one patch does not add any graphical enhancements

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  6. OC76

OC76 Guest

GPU:
    Also Windows 10 will give it a nice gfx boost for free? :)

7. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    real nice only 2 days now im gonna take my time with this game and explore everything

8. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    No.

/10char

9. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Cool that someone finally show this, because all the screens which the panic raging people compare, have been downsampled from 4k to 1080p. Which instead makes me wonder from what resolution have those poster shots been taken? 8k? O_O

Anyways, going to be interesting to test FreeSync with the game, ..that is if the W3 driver will have CrossFire support for it.

10. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Vegetation brought to you by Xbox One.

11. expo

expo Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 970 / 3.5GB + 0.5GB
    Please Guru3D, embed the code on all your videos to allow full screen for HTML5 videos on the frontpage please.

I'm at a point where HTML5 performs better for me then Flash, but I hate it when you first have to go to the Youtube website to click that damn button :)
    Especially on a video that shows off quality.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    They look exactly the same, pc version may appear a bit sharper but other than that... nothing.. utterly disappointing.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    How on earth people can say this game does not look amazing is just blind, pure and simple.

This video right here DESTROYS the console version.

That opening scene with the distant trees, the fog seeping over the mountains, the textures on the balcony all look outstanding! Not to mention the hair effects, the weather effects blowing the trees, the god rays bleeding through the scenery.

Even if this game has had a graphical downgrade you can not argue that it is simply breathtaking to look at.

Also remember THIS VIDEO IS AT 4K!!!!!

Consoles can barely keep 30fps at 900p/1080p in this game and the settings are way off Ultra (looks like some effects are either turned off completely or set to low/medium maybe only textures are on high).

When a game like this can be achieved at 4k resolution on a SINGLE GPU!! and still manage a playable 30fps. You know that we have arrived in the true next gen era!!!

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    No, check out the ground textures, the lighting, the amount of tessellation on the characters!?

Seriously, I am the only one with perfect 20/20 vision and can immediately see the difference?

Not to mention PC = 4K achievable on single GPU with 30fps, PS4 = 1080p/sub 30fps, XBO = 900p/1080p (dynamically scaled depending on load) at sub 30fps.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This sort of comment undoes any argument. 30 fps is not nexgen even if its running at 4k. 30 fps is not even a playable framerate and anyone who says otherwise has no place commenting on fps and gfx in general.

The consoles cant even do 30fps at 900/1080? Well, with all its extra power the PC cant even do 60fps at 4k on a single gpu... Hardly next gen at all.

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Don't know what CPC_RedDawn is talking about lol, is the point of next gen gaming to be able to play at 30fps @ 4k with a single card? ... :D Get's a bit funny don't you think.

18. vg24a3

vg24a3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    With every new video they release this game looks worse... how disappointing. First one on the horse they showed looked beautiful now is just plain ordinary and below...

19. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Thank you Xbone and PS4 for f**king up the concluding game in this PC trilogy. I can guarantee Microsoft and Sony pressed CDPR to go along with their parity crap as to ensure console players don't get all bent out of shape if they were to see how much worse their version would have looked.

And this BS about being only able to make 1 version of the game is nonsense. All CDPR had to do was make the game as originally intended with the glorious PC graphics, and just port the lowest quality settings over to PS4 and Xbone! But instead they seem to have pulled an Ubisoft move like we saw with Watch Dogs and completely castrated the PC so all versions look almost identical.
    Well... it seems the only game developer left that has never once disappointed me did exactly that.

ugh... no brothel could ever stay in business with that kind of bright lighting!

(the old gameplay video on the right looks to be much more compressed)
    [​IMG]

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Suffice to say the lighting on the right looks much better..