New Windows 10 Catalyst Driver 15.200.1023.0000 (28/04/2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by thatguy91, May 13, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Try the imgur app it works perfect to upload image to the free image hosting service they provide.

I use it for the images i link on my posts it has many options to share image links and set sizes/views.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Use the SysInternals Autoruns program from here.

Your findings are interesting, you made me think of jumping to Windows 10. I'm trying to hold myself since they're gonna be out in a couple of months.

3. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

i think that these drivers works "a lot" better on win 10 than the modded same release on win 8.1.

for example mortal kombat x on 8.1 and these modded driver gives microstutter, microfreeze, bad framerate... on win 10, same native drivers... damn fast and smooth.

only wolfenstein old blood (one of the games that i'm playing) has the flash texture bug both on 8.1 and win10. Tried GTAV on the 290x (win10), every maxed out, fullhd, only disabled msaa and msaa reflection (useless both settings... ) vsync on, 60fps sometimes stutter but occasionally..

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Aida64 does it as well.

5. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    These are the OpenGL dll's I extracted from the 15.4.1 drivers. Put them along with the executable of the game, and see if it behaves better. :)

The easiest way to fix apps that misbehave with newer drivers, is to put older driver dll's in the same folder as the executable of the app/game you want.

6. fardeenah

fardeenah Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X 2Gb
    deleting the autorun CC still gets me a black screen on rebooting. on shutdown on/off it works well. but never on restart.

7. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

thanks! but the games with the 15.4.1 ogl dll doesn't start at all.. the exe remains in the taskmanager and noting happens... must kill manually!

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Ok. These are the 14.12 dlls. Give it a try.

9. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

you pack no the dll file but the .dl_ files it must be expanded... i have expanded to dll, put in the exe dir but the exe start and remains in the task bar. don't worry i'll wait a new driver, thanks! :)

10. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    did anyone fix the VSR yet for the 290x? i hate 2560x1440p

11. madmalkav

madmalkav Member

Without doing anything it seems the no-HDMI audio problems have reduced to a minimum. Still doesn't support as many bitrates/formats/... as when I was in Windows 8.1

12. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Getting tired of this forced Windows 10 update. Completely breaks my computer every time. Have to restart 5 times just to reach safe mode to uninstall this crap. Don't they test if their driver works when more than 1 card is installed?

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There is this fix from the Steam forums:

14. Commander_HK47

Commander_HK47 Member

GPU:
    PC -R9290(flashed to X)
    Hey thanks for posting this driver file. I'm running Windows 8.1 with a R9 290 converted to a R9 290x at 1920x1080. I haven't run any benchmarks; but frame rate does feel smoother with no to minimal hitching when compared to 15.4 beta drivers.

After following the instructions on the first page; I wanted to report a minor, but still annoying issues with theses drivers that i am experiencing. The default mouse cursor pointer graphic is of normal size while in desktop mode; but most of the other mouse cursor graphics (text selector beam, mouse scroll wheel, move, ect...) appear to be stuck at 250% zoom.

Another interesting thing to note is that if i launch the built in windows magnification tool; run it at 100% then all mouse cursor icon graphics display at the correct size. If i bump magnification up to about 250%; then the mouse cursor icons appear to be the same size as stated before during normal operation.

This a bug seems to carry over to games and applications as well (full screen 3D, windowed mode, and border-less). Again, appearing to be about 250% larger than normal. Games tested: Path of Exile, Battlefield 4, and Grand Theft Auto V. Applications tested: Paint, Open Office, Fire Fox.

I've checked a few different places to see if i could restore the mouse graphic size back to normal. First i checked "mouse pointers" under the control panel, no luck. I also made sure that the DPI scaling for the monitor and the setting for text adjustment were set to 100%.

One other thing i noticed with these modified drivers was that the VSR caps at 2560x1440 instead of 3840x2160 as was available with the 15.4 beta drivers.

I was wondering if any one else had this issue with there mouse pointer becoming larger than normal after the install of these drivers, and if so what was the corrective action that fixed it?

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  15. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    If you're talking about the win10 video driver forced installing everyday follow the tip by PrMinister using AutoRun app to disable it on the boot

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I have heard of mouse cursor corruption due to drivers, but not something like that.

Try running sfc /scannnow from an administrator control panel and see if it fixes any Windows files. About VSR, it has been reported by others too I believe.

17. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Hmm. But my current install is 'clean'. Literally installed, added C++ packages and that's it..

18. Commander_HK47

Commander_HK47 Member

GPU:
    PC -R9290(flashed to X)
    Yeah no such luck... ran a basic SFC, followed by DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Both came up clean.

I believe that after testing, it has something to do with how this driver is handling the monitors EDID values. I say this because i have a task that i have created in the scheduler to reset the EDID. During the process of resting it, the cursor reverts back to its normal size, however after the task completes and the screen re-syncs, the cursor returns to its increased size again.

Followup edit.

The mouse cursor works correctly both in basic MS VGA mode and with the previous 15.4 beta drivers. The latest version of DDU was used to remove driver files between testing. I am back on the 1023 build, and offending large cursor graphics are back. I want to clarify, the mouse is not artifating like it has been reported to do with previous driver and hardware combinations. It is simply applying a low resolution icon/graphic to some parts of the cursor elements. It is also displays the mouse cursor in low resolution mode in 3D applications. Games and applications run at full rendering resolution without issue though.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  19. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    This update just showed up for me today.

Running 2x 7970s here and it seems to be working fine.

Maybe you just need to do a clean install of Windows 10.

20. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

thanks, but i think this fix it's not applicable to windows 10... but this isn't a problem anymore, latest game's patch fixed flashing texture with the original windows update driver :)