Witcher 3 Announcement From CD Projekt Red

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 15, 2015.

1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    oh, ive been complaining on more than just this thread...

lol

2. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Matt not sure if you are drunk or not. ;)
    But i do appreciete your openess today for talking about all the things.

That openess bring confort, hope and happiness.
    Thats how i like a company, a company that talks what happened wrong.

Thank you for all the answers.
    And if possible, keep this open when talking about any problem.

3. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Yea like hairloss, or does size really matter? or blonde or brunette? or what kind of shampoo you guys are using? I like head and shoulder with lime smell. :D

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So true. I wonder if any of the NVIDIA drivers of late actually do have any kind of measurable change, or they are thrown out there purely for cosmetic reasons. Especially some "game ready" ones. I would test if I had one.

Given enough time, raw hardware power is always better, just because the software will catch up. Don't make me start talking again about my 7970 and the GTX 580 I could have gotten at the time :D ("Hey, who needs 3GB and 384bit bus for 1080p bruh"? was the common question).

I did. The performance of the game on all publicly available Catalyst drivers in 2014 is exactly the same when the game is in max settings (not AA). I can provide anyone with the replay I tested with, if you wish.

The game has already been reviewed and it's scoring very high. It runs well on the consoles, and if Witcher 2 was any indication (even if we forget the articles), then it will be properly optimized.

5. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    The level of company PR in this thread is over 9000.

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Now you have to tell us of which company :D

7. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Exactly, which one am I talking about. You decide, people! :)

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    um, AMD?

since Matt works for AMD?

that hardly makes anything in this thread wrong...

9. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    You're seriously counting 15.4.1 as the May driver?

Well...

Hopes... deleted.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i doubt it, or it would be 15.5...

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Can't wait for 15.4.2 in June lol :banana:

Weren't these little drivers that fix one or two things used to be called hot-patches (hot-fixes) before and not drivers? Since they don't even address ANY of the known issues that were available in the past driver, nor do they add any new features, major fixes, or address past/current problems.

That's a new low; counting 15.4.1 as the "May" driver when it was released to fix only ONE issue with freesync monitors. :3eyes:

12. tom12

tom12 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4G Gaming
    Ya like what a few people posted earlier i really do wish this game runs properly but like without the nvidia gameworks features On since thats nvidia only i guess... And also hope and wish for a driver on release date... From the look of things the Devs did their part in optimizations now its upto AMD. I only bought AMD GPUs(HD4850, 5770, 7850, R9 270X) for my PC. Their Prices are really good! But if they dont support their hardware with proper drivers then is it really worth it.... If they F*** up with the witcher 3 i think i have to switch to nvidia later on. Not starting any wars or anything just writing what i think.

13. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I'm pretty sure it was still called a hot-fix. I think AMDMatt was just playing loose and fast with the facts to make AMD look better. It is his job, after all. Can't fault him for that.

14. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    You went from a 4850 to 5770 and from 7850 to r9 270x? gotta be the worst upgrade i've ever seen, max fps difference must been like 5-10 at most.

15. tom12

tom12 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4G Gaming
    Ya i usually stick with the low med cards.. but like current gen. So that my performance doesnt decrease and i can upgrade every year. As a result i get same performance in every game (well that obviously depends on the requirements but you get the point) in every year.

Edit: Didnt got for the HD 6000 since i upgraded my PC to a 2nd gen i5 at the time. Had to change the motherboard aswell

Last edited: May 16, 2015

16. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    It's a smart strategy if you are satisfied with medium to high settings. And do you get much if you sell a card? I was actually planning to get r9 270x or 280, but i found the 290 for about 50 euros more with 3 games so i went for it.

17. tom12

tom12 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4G Gaming
    Ya i m usually very satisfied with med/high settings and well i spent most of my time playing MOBAs (Like Dota 2, League of legends) and RPGs. rpgs dont require high grade hardware... Only exception i found was the Witcher 3 :p . Even witcher 2 wasnt all that intensive in requirements. But yes i do play games like Far cry 4, AC series, Tomb Raider, Crysis series etc but its fine enough in med/high

Edit: Oh ya selling almost forgot.. Well i sell them at half the retail price and i save enough through other means for the next card. So it usually works out. And ya i think getting the 290 with the games was a great deal!

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That way you don't expect too much and enjoy gaming :)

19. tom12

tom12 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4G Gaming
    Exactly Right :D

20. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I smell Nvidia is at fault here. They make AMD perform worse due to their gameworks and something else. They make things run a lot worse than they actually can. But we can also say the other way around.

So many games comes out with gameworks these days so how long wil this continue before AMD looses even more customers.