No Optimization for Kepler (GTX780 - GTX780TI - TITAN etc. ) Banchmarks inside !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bigosik, May 8, 2015.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I was referring to the old blood, GTA plays better on nvidia according to most of people and other benches. but yeah i can see the point.

Also regrading GTA V, keep in mind this " note - since we measure in the online city and not the internal benchmark, you will spawn at random places with random weather and differences in day an night. This will cause an adverse offset in frame-rate. So please use these numbers as indicative at best. There can be weird variations in-between the performance of graphics card just because at one point it rains, the the next card had say dry sunny weather. This WILL impact the FPS. So keep a 15% margin at hand and please again, consider these indicative results".

2. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Don't buy the most expense or twice that with sli if you can not afford to do it again when the next series comes out, is my outlook. Future proofing is only buying new hardware. Been like this since the Pentium 100, they just keep getting faster, and it is all about what you can live with :nerd:. I have come to the conclusion that the mid-range card is better for me and upgrading more often, if the next offering warrants it. If they do not get faster we would still be running Pentium 100 with a matrox card. If what you have cost you too much it must be a personal problem as I believe there will be another series faster than the 900 some time in the future :banana:.

Regards

3. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Never mind.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Yeah that site is a blast to read, funny stuff.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    GTA V is playing butter smooth for me on my reference 780 which is clocked at stock clocks. I haven't seen any performance regressions whatsoever.

What people seem to forget is that on paper the 290X, 290, and 280X are all very strong cards. They have tons of bandwidth and cores. AMD has been able to eek out more and more performance over the last few months to close the gap. It just isn't noticed easily because everyone hates them so much :infinity:

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    From what i've seen, Kepler perform way better than any AMD Hawaii or Tahiti GPU.
    With nvidia i get perfect performance, unless game have very specific issues, with AMD it's not always as stated.

I don't trust any benchmark, but my own eyes :D

7. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i agree with you, i had some graphic glitches and ctd with a PC with a r9 280X, that's my sister PC, she always ask me to fix her games, with my gtx 980 i'm having several crashes and glitches specially with newer drivers and i never had before with my gtx 660, my gpu perfomance is amazing and maybe kepler doesn't perform as well as a hawaii or maxwell gpu, but it's more stable and nice.

8. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Techspot also questions Kepler being neglected:

http://www.techspot.com/review/1000-project-cars-benchmarks/page6.html

... and I agree, an r9 265 faster than the 660, in project cars?. Really? :eek3:

It wasn´t nice to see my card getting spanked by slower AMD cards in mortal kombat X and now this :bang:

Ps.- Maybe Maxwell isn´t performing up to its full potential neither and they are sand bagging the driver for a miraculous performance release, in time for 390X launch?.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Yep, Kepler though perform better than Hawaii and tahiti, but not on maxwell. Different sites shows different benchmarks, plus they don't use same method most of times.

I never trust any benchmarks, play the game see how it plays, judge.

10. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080

11. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
  12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  14. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    In all fairness, I have to say I've got more than my monies worth from this 780. The only reason I'm considering stepping up the 980ti is I want something new, not necessarily for the performance and vram increase.

15. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I'm in the same boat really with my 780 GTX SLI. It's just starting to show its age and VRAM limitations when it comes to ultra in particularly demanding games (1440p @ 144fps) and the TITAN X is just silly money. So I'll be after 980 Ti SLI unless ATI can show off something spectacular.

16. spine

spine Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp CE + EK WB
    AMD hardware holds up better over time because most games are primarily coded for consoles, and all consoles use AMD hardware.

17. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Maybe not if you look at badly optimized games like Wolfenstein but I think these are red herrings and old tech games that aren't taking full advantage of the newer chips and bandwidth, if you look at games like BF4 the TITAN X's are 130%+ rising to 140%-150% at higher res of the 780Ti speed.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I did specifically say 1080p & 1440p, of course it will take a leap at higher reso but then again those fps are not really playable anymore even on single TitanX..

19. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    I still find my 780 @1100mhz quite the capable card at 1440p averaging over 60fps in 95% the games I play today. I don't see a real reason to upgrade, not today at least. I would much rather get the new gysnc-144hz Acer monitor :p

20. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    WITCHER 3 (BENCHMARK)

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/ :puke2::puke2:

Is this a bad joke NV ? GTX960 faster than GTX780 JETSTREAM ?:infinity:
    Every one talks about:

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/n...el-benchmark-live-ticker-aktuell-14-gpus.html

Kepler performs like ....

I had always NV cards in the past but GTX780 is my last card from NV.

"GAMEWOKS"
    "The way its meant to be played"
    ... muhahahahahahh !

290 destroys the way more expensive 780Ti easily.

I agree with you completely. Sad, never ever NV.:moon:
    NV artificially slowed down Kepler

So disappointed. Unnaccaptable that a card like 290 which has cost half the price (780ti) is faster in almost every new game except Project Cars.

I knew from the beginning that 290X have way more RAW POWER but this is not ok.

As i said no more optimizations for Kepler.

390X is my next card.:)

bye bye NV !

Last edited: May 18, 2015