The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Shame on massive downgrade. But, c'est la vie.

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Kind of hard for people to complain about gameplay when...yknow...they haven't played the game yet....the visuals are there to see, the game is not out yet to be played, so....

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The internet if full of videos and live streams showing the gameplay, it's just as easy to judge the gameplay as the visuals.

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Game looks "nice", no more no less. Now, considering there's been an obvious graphical downgrade, it better run darn well on a wide variety of systems or CDPR will have a lot to answer for to the PC community.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I see now why you have 28k in posts.. the last 4-6 pages of this thread has been constant whining about this game from you.. Not just you of course, but it makes it pretty clear to me that you have not a lot to do in your day, clearly, to be harping on this so much.

Add one more post to your count since there is pretty much 0% chance you don't reply to this post as well.

Obligatory posting on the ACTUAL thread time:

Based on PC screens and the fact that we have tons of config options to tinker with and a confirmed Uber setting that will be made available, never mind the mods, I still *gasp* remain unphased by this enormous and scandalous downgrade hype. I must be losing my mind right?!?!

Disappointed? I can understand that.. complaining for 10 pages of this thread? Get a life or at least a hobby pls. :wanker:

I preloaded last night and am itching to play. I don't take any of those released reviews as gospel, but what people are saying on forums OTHER than this one is very promising.

Also, the fact that it looks underwhelming on consoles? Well holy fack that is an absolute shocker! The fact that CDPR had to downgrade their initial ideas for the game due to consoles? How is this surprising to anyone? SMH

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Exactly! Can't complain about the gameplay, so lets just complain about anything else we can complain about!

I imagine since you're posting on here you're taking a break from sharpening your pitchforks?

lol

7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    A night to remember teaser trailer.

8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Do we really need to resort to posting like petulant children to get our point across?

9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    To be fair Petulance is serotonins 2nd name.

10. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Are you for real? I'll write it in other words, in case you honestly didn't understood what I said:

There was a downgrade from the promos in 2013, but it wasn't hidden before release. CDPR is saying "here's what we could do and here's how the finished game looks like. We're proud of it".

You have plenty of content to decide if the graphics are good enough for your money. To me, it looks great. The downgrade isn't as massive as the screenshot make it seem, it's clear enough if you bother to watch some real gameplay videos.

With Watch Dogs and other ****ty E3 titles, all you had were fake promos and fake gameplay videos until after release.

It's a major difference. Be serious.

They don't really care that much. They're not hiding downgrades in graphics or the final quality of the product, like other publishers do.

Last edited: May 13, 2015

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    They are, they have been tons of DMCA's the last few days, and not only on twitch.

12. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That was before the review embargo. Now they allow lots of streams from reviewers.

Pirates will likely still get taken down.

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Wow fanboy full time are ya? The streamed versions are legit copies sold proper.

14. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Thank you for calling me a fanboy. Very mature of you. And I don't know how my post even makes me a fanboy, but ok. :3eyes:

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There is no pirated version, the steams are from ps4 or x1 users who got it early.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    erm first you claim good guy corporate polishmen don't DMCA when they do, then you claim oh no its only good guy review peoples that are allowed, which is not true, than bad non existent pirates get banned, there are none. Fan-boyish unsubstantiated claims after fan-boyish unsubstantiated claims.

We get it. You want to have CDProjects children, no need to get all lovey dovey & gooey.

17. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Game is already out on torrents, unfortunely.

Cool story, bro. I had maybe one or two posts on this thread until today, totally a fanboy here. :3eyes: Seriously, see my post history.

So much that I haven't even purchased the game yet. 100% fanboy.

But thank you, it's people like you that make this community great to be in.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    That is the GOG preload, it does not have the game exe

19. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Ah, corrected then, saw the news about the day 1 patch and assumed it had already been cracked.

So how are these unoffical screenshots showing up? Could it be that people here are using console screenshots to compare with the 2013 PC promos?

20. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    That "A night to remember" teaser looks amazing!
    Downgrade?! Looks amazing!
    PC masterrace confirmed again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.