The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    yeah, the downgrade looks pretty much confirmed, very very disappointing, reminds me of Amstrad/C64 games having the Amiga and Atari ST screenshots at the back of the boxes.

If the PC version is just the PS4 version with extra FPS due to the hardware and some Nvidia hairworks stuff, ill be holding off on playing it next week. Will finish Witcher 2 and wait and see if there will be an "enhanced edition" coming down the line.

Getting a bit fed up of games being show early looking uber and final product not looking anything like the original version shown.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    It was played with the day one patch on the ps4, at least gamespot did.

Quote:"Kevin VanOrd has played all three Witcher games and read several of the novels. He spent about 100 hours with The Witcher 3 on a PlayStation 4 debug system, a version that included the games' day-one patch. He uses the word "ploughing" in everyday speech."

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    List of the features that are turned down/off, this will probably effect PC version too :

1. Level of horizon detail (essentially the draw distance had to be completely tuned down to tax the consoles less)
    2. Volume based translucency
    3. Ambient occlusion and foliage density/tree count
    4. Flexible water simulation/tessellation we resorted to a (script texture effect similiar to most games than physical based simulation)
    5. Ground/building tessellation
    6. Forward lit soft parcicles (this is the fire, smoke, fog that your would encounter while going through think terrain into open space)
    7. Real-time reflections in the water are completely off and replaced with a cheaper render solution estimator (this is a primary reason blood splatter was also removed from the water)

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    But those features shouldnt take much effort to enable on the PC version..

those screens on the last page do look much better than the PS4 gameplay though

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Pick up the first two on sale I would....

Your summer gaming sorted :)

p.s still on the fence about getting witcher3.

My main worry is performance. Sorry if have missed it but will the game perform like the first two?

i.e look good but need some tweaking? Guess I'll be fine @1920x1200 with a few lowered settings.

Plus in the "open world" is it a bit like dragon age? Certain areas would be 2 hard for you so you level up elsewhere.

And the signs are the same as the previous two I gather?

cheers gurus.

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I saw that and almost cried knowing the PC version isn't going to look much different from PS4. They've said that the LOD can not be tweaked, and the LOD in that video is freaking horrendous :(

7. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    seen this on another forum, not seen it posted here. http://whatifgaming.com/developer-i...-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

Once again PC getting completely shafted, consoles already holding back the PC by a long way. Not much point in upgrading year in year out if game devs with take the lowest performing version, then make the game exactly the same across all platforms to the lowest denominator. Absoultely disgusted how devs are quite happy to shaft the PC platform just to milk the sales across all platforms. Might as well sell my PC at this rate and just by a crappy PS4 if this is how things are going to go for this whole cycle.

8. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    It looks much better in these SS:

9. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Anyway, i hope this has an ini file like the witcher 2 to mess with:D

10. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    We'll see. I still think the foliage looks like crap. This shot in particular looks awful.

[​IMG]

Small clumps of flat grass textures that looks like they were placed with a few random mouse clicks. No SSAO on it.

If anything, the visuals in the game are merely serviceable. Not the technical marvel they showed off in prior years.

Ah well. I can't comment on it anymore. It's just depressing.

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You can max it out easy. Maybe minus a little bit of AA.

rofl cried hahaahha.. rofl :D

12. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950

CDPR = console hugers.

13. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Forget E3 2013 game footage.

[​IMG]

(sadly)

Hope for Ultra settings improvements.

14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    CDProject themselves said this months ago.

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=51

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Apparently we have to forget the 2014 footage as well....

2014 was already pretty downgraded as far as LOD and asset density are concerned. Those took an even bigger hit. Then there's the lighting.... which just looks kinda dull now.

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Err... wtf.. they won't give us ubersampling because *they think* it's too demanding? wtf? THEN GIVE US THE ****ING OPTION TO TRY IT OUT FFS .... smells bs to me. "was killing the game, and will probably do the same with this title, so we don’t want to unlock it for now. It makes the game look better, but the requirements are insane." Wtf is this... ****ing bs. Most ridiculous stuff I've ever heard lol.

And he didn't really answer the question too........ Just some pointless bickering.

18. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    We're saying the same things i suppose. I don't understand why CDP still doesn't given to us some gameplay trailers with Ultra settings for PC, afterall all the console review have been already released. This cloud of mistery is killing me.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, they also said we'll have to upgrade our PCs to run this game, they also showed us some awesome screens in 2013. So... My question is, why should I believe anything they say?

Them saying there's one version, I still expected them to fill the PC version with advanced features because the HW is there to run it. Go on CDPR, give us UberSampling you douche bags! Our PCs aren't ready? WTF? It's not in the game because it's not ready, you're struggling for time to push this port out. There's people on here with dual TitanX, dual 980 etc, all of these people would have appreciated to try that option. CDPR saying our PCs aren't ready is just patronizing.

They know they are giving us a downgrade and one way of damage limitation would be include UberSampling in the PC version, making it look that tiny bit better. But it's not in the game. If Uber was anywhere near ready for TW3, if it was coded, there would be no reason to leave it out. They're full of BS.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk why dont they step up and give us a new PC screenshot Ultra/settings and maybe graphics options. This will just get worse...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.