The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What a depressing thread...full of meaningless (to me anyway) comparisons of two year PC footage and what we know is actual PS4 footage, which IMO still looks good considering the limited hardware it is running on. There really is no point in discussing graphical downgrades at this point as the PC version has not been released and the reviews are based only on the PS4 build, complete with its reported performance issues and glitches/bugs.

I have the PS4 and PC versions pre-ordered personally and I have no doubt that this will be one of my favourite games of this year and at this point I really do not care what the game looks like on PC since I am happy with how it looks on consoles but I know that it will run better and look prettier than it does on PS4. I know the PC version will be the definitive version but I enjoy the big TV/surround experience my PS4 offers (and my PC does not due to a lack of space) so this is why I am buying both versions. Besides if I can support a great developer like CD Red Projekt this way then I am more than happy to buy one of their games twice! :D

Roll on next week when I (and everyone else) can finally play the PC version and finally judge for ourselves whether it is a disappointment or not. I am hoping that I get my PS4 copy for the weekend, fingers crossed, as the retailer I order from have on several occasions sent me games 3-4 days early (I got Diablo III Reaper of Souls for PS4 on a Saturday, three days before its Tuesday release).

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ever heard of running a HDMI cable from your gpu into a TV, then using a 360 controller?

CDPR being a great developer? Maybe. They'll deliver a fine game, no doubt. But they're far from a great developer after this fiasco. They're more like liars.

3. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My PC is not located anywhere near my TV though unfortunately, as I said due to lack of space. I already play most PC games with an Xbox controller though.

4. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    Now now, let's not burn down CD Projekt Red until PC version is actually out.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Maybe the town aged over a few years, degraded next year it will look like a Wii game.

6. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    If you have a laptop lying around you could always plug it in to your TV and use steam to stream it to your laptop and play off TV. I've done this many times for some NBA 2K15 with buddies or GRID 2 racing and it works pretty well, no input lag.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well I really enjoyed Witcher: Enhanced Edition and Witcher 2 was an awesome sequel in every way, only suffering from a rushed final act. I am not going to judge them on Witcher 3 though until I have played the game but I am confident that they will not disappoint, based on their previous games and the overwhelmingly positive reviews of the PS4 version.

8. battled

battled Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 2GB
    huh, what'd they lied abot?

9. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Setup in home streaming with Steam then.

If the PC version looks like the 35min demo I'll be happy. I think it will.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't have a laptop, only a full tower PC. I have no need for a laptop anyway as I have an iPad (which I do not use for gaming anyway). If anything requires the use of keyboard or printer then I use my PC.

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If the PC version looks like the 35min demo I'll be happy. I think it will.

These are all recent PC screenshots, released over the past few days. As you can see they look much, much better than the PS4 screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Fair play. I was actually considering playing TW3 on my TV, which is right next to my bed, with a 1080p controller. My room is fairly small, but it's nicely set up for gaming like that :)

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, that's more like it!

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I still think it will be better than some of those screens are showing, it's to large a drop for it to be real.

I would also be surprised if I can max it, with Nvidia involved for the last few years I can't a game like this selling high end hardware, but since 4k is the new high end who knows.

Brother in law gave me this, so not like I've spent money, just need to try and finish the second game before this is out.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And I bought the game + expansion omfg.. :S :D

but yeah those pc screenshots do look better that harkin posted, maybe we haven't lost all hope yet.. but we'll see :D

Last edited: May 13, 2015

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Regarding the PS4 version being currently reviewed; I have read that CDRP will be releasing a Day One patch that will fix or reduce the performance issues but I find it odd that would allow reviewers to play a basically unfinished game in the first place. These issues have been reported in many of the reviews I've read and they affect the overall score. The irony is that CDPR did not give out copies of the Xbox One or PC version either because they are still working on them. Seems to me that they should not have sent out the PS4 version either until this Day One patch was ready for the reviewers to download.

17. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
  18. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    My TV was far, but I bought 5m HDMI cable, in order to connect my PC to HDTV. I think there are evel longer HDMI cables. I'm using xpadder to navigate (it turns 360 gamepad into mouse, and kayboard)

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    getting really tired of this downgrade **** happening all the time

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.