poor amazon performance streak. rant.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by FULMTL, May 13, 2015.

1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I order a few times a month on Amazon because of the small selection or lack of store inventory in my area.
    Lately my orders have been shipped late, wrong items, and the strangest one yet - delivered ghost item.
    My emails (for wrong items) haven't been responded to, and my missing item hasn't been accounted for.

I need a shoulder to cry on :bang:

2. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Yipes. Sounds like you have a sh!tty Amazon distribution center out your way..

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Over here, I ordered two completely different items (An OBD II Scanner and a SSD), and ordered standard shipping. They got here on a Tuesday afternoon when I ordered on Sunday. Wtf? Too fast.

4. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I usually get super fast shipping from Amazon here in OH too. Do you have the tracking numbers for your item(s)?

5. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I ordered toothbrush heads and was charged £5 postage when they arrived they were in a large 1st class letter. Normally 95p if you post with 1st class Royal Mail

I complained and got all postage cost back they said it was because its next day I said 1st class is next day

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I work for the US Postal Service. Amazon (for about 6 months) has been using USPS exclusively for shipping now. We are the lowest bidder. We also have contractors doing mail routes whom are also the lowest bidders. This doesn't explain all the mishaps, but, you get the idea...

Sounds like what you're experiencing is close enough for government work. :3eyes:

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I've had nothing but good experiences from Amazon. The best one was when I ordered a 400 disc DVD changer many years ago that either got stolen off my doorstep or the UPS driver decided to keep it for himself. When I called Amazon they sent me a new one with next day shipping no questions asked.

The only thing that bugs me now is that some items are either only available with a Prime account or at a greatly reduced price. My latest example is the True Blood TV series. I ordered a bunch of seasons for the GF and seasons 1-4 were available to everybody at a good price, but season 5 was only available on disc for Prime members.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I've bought from Amazon about 3-4 times, every single time I've had to cancel my order and get a refund, weeks gone by after buying "Next day delivery" type orders and status is still "Not dispatched"

What they mean by NDD, is you'll get it the day after they ship it, not the day after you order it

Last thing I bought was a phone case from the US, between ordering that, and cancelling my order, I'd ordered and received stuff from China using eBay, weeks later, still no case

Never once ordered anything from Amazon and actually received it

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    They do that now? :3eyes: omg...

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I have ordered stuff from Amazon and I have always received it from the old slow slow way of shipping and delivering packages to the Prime shipping. I remember ordering an item from Amazon and it was supposed to be delivered on Monday but I got it on Sunday weird and it was delivered by the USPS as well.

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    at the end of march, I had a $70 gift card. so I order 2 things from amazon

one was from amazon and the other was 3rd party store.

1st package from amazon said it was delivered, but it never was.

2nd package from 3rd party store had old 2013 fedex tracking and was never delivered.

amazon sent replacement order for the 1st package and had to credit money to giftcard for the 2nd package because the 3rd party store wasnt doing anything about my missing package, and then I redid the 2nd order with amazon.

took almost a month to receive the packages.

still dont know what happened to the original orders.

12. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Well I asked around, and my neighbor had my package. Not sure if they would have given it back to me if I didn't ask.

The downside is that it's a faulty part. :( FML

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Welp, time to quit life :(

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Nothing but positive experiences with amazon for my audio gear.

15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Now I really want to cry....
    Ordered a new $100 backpack and it has a hole in it. Have to ship it back.

It is advertised as made from "durable rip stop material".
    The lie detector determined that was a lie.

If it was a hole on the inside flap, no big deal, but it's on top where rain will get in.

Last edited: May 15, 2015

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Everything I have ordered that was either fulfilled or directly sold by Amazon has been perfect. Items that have been sold on Amazon by a third party has been hit and miss.

17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2

Are you ordering directly from Amazon or from one of the sellers on there? I order from Amazon all the time and I've always had a fantastic experience, prime is brilliant.

18. viper_911

viper_911 Member

GPU:
    msi 980 gtx ti 6g
    bought from amazon alot over the years and have always recieved items,
    only problem I ever had was from a third party seller that took a while to dispatch a pc case, only when I asked to cancel order email was ignored and case was dispatched

19. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I order ALOT of stuff Amazon itself and third parties. Never had one problem, atall

20. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    The one bad experience I had was ordering something and I got an email saying they where out of stock but the item I ordered would be back in stock in 3 months time, whose gonna wait 3 months? I cancelled the order then had to wait 2 weeks for the money to show up in my account, really put me off, now I just stick to smaller items with Amazon anything over £100 I'll look else where.