The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wow, what a sh1tstorm! So the last bastion of PC gaming sold out to consoles because they couldn't be bothered to make the game properly. Wow.

The downgrade was obvious from the screenshots, but for them to come out and say that they're giving PC gamers a shaft because of consoles is really bad press. Now we know they actually do NOT care about PC gaming.

These clowns make Rockstar look like the PC gods. Serious faux pas.

I can't get through my head why they would come out and admit that. They could have simply said that the 2013 pics were photoshopped and from a previous build that was too ambitious and they couldn't quite deliver those visuals. Which would be fairly accurate anyway. But for them to come out and say we're getting a downgrade because of consoles...

Never trust any PC dev guys, they're all in it for money of course and there's no good guys out there anymore.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So we're getting a PS4 version, basically, because they couldn't be bothered.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah, fair point mate:D

I dont see why they couldnt add it all in a patch like Crytek did with Crysis 2. I wouldve assumed they'd of still created assets at higher than console capability and not create it all at only the console level.

Otherwise, all they've simply done is ported the console versions to pc and added Nvidia feature to it after.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I'm talking about the "parity" and if those games would be on PC, they probably would look slightly better but would require much more hardware for no reason.

A game that is multiplatform won't necessary look better on PC, simply because everyone develop to console first and then playing the "port game we are PC saints", sorry but consoles stops real things from happening.

The games u mentioned are few, most of games i've seen on PS4 looks decent, nothing OMG.

The PC have so much to offer and yet we getting lazy ports, and all the speech about pirates, PC market is small and bla bla bla.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Seems the only way to get a great PC game is via kickstarter, like star citizen / elite

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Either I'm f*cked in the head or does that look perfectly acceptable to me? Hell if my PC can run the game looking exactly like that I'll be more than pleased with the pre-order I made. People trying to rubbish the game have taken over this thread that once stood for actually being excited about the gameplay and the size and complexity if the world on offer etc etc far more so than the graphics on show.

Thank you for pointing me to that video as that has pretty much put my mind at ease once more and I can look forward to playing it again.

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well yeah... it's a marketing business. Capitalism at its finest.. but what can you do. If money is involved then the human is bound to get greedy.. just question is, whether you do and.. whether you're the "better person" .. of course, money is nice. You have to make a revenue, that's the point of business, but.. I still think they should've honored their first videos and made how it looked like, for us PC gamers. Or at least told us it won't be like that, which is ... not the case right now... we hear it from a 3rd guy from a 3rd guy who knows a 3rd guy in CDPR. :puke2: And just before the launch of the game, wtf lol. And they even told us.. upgrade your PCs for us, we will keep the ultra graphics as a surprise for the pc gamers. ROFL.. that's ****ing hilarious, I SPIT IN YOUR FACE.

(again don't mind my rudeness)

I just hope it really is a surprise is all.. but we'll see..

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nobody is rubbishing the game, if anything everyone is excited about it. Doesn't mean CDPR should get away with doing an UBI!

We can't really talk about gameplay much, seeing as none of us has actually played the game.

9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    No worries dude. His vids have been taken down a few times, but he up loads them again. Gameplay looks great.

I can't wait to get my hands on some armor. Always wanted heavy armor for my witcher.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I remember several vram mongers (all banned now) saying how 4gb vram will not be enough for TW3 etc, I remember people on this very forum talking about how they will upgrade their rigs for this game lol.

For what? A PS4 game with higher resolution? No wonder it runs fine on a 980 lol.

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah lol indeed.

And yeah, why couldn't they do something like this? Maybe they still will though I don't know... but I'm doubtful.. :S

Yeah +1.

12. lowrider_05

lowrider_05 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XTXH LC
    I still hope it will look way better on my pc with more draw distance and better fog/lightning/shadows wich can be increased without implementig a different technic.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    We haven't heard it from anyone yet, not every well worded rumour is the truth.

It probably is, but the things that are supposed to be scaled down aren't exactly ”next gen” features as such and things may be fixed with tweaks or even a custom launcher like the second game had.

The problem we have is that small devs don't have the resources and large devs don't have the incentive.

If people want something that caters to the high end then they need to embrace crowd funding, that way the risk passes onto the consumer not the developers.

I do find it strange that Nvidia didn't intervene, they obsess over trying to convince us their tech is what separates consoles from PC.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No it will not. Its the same as freaking ps4 version with some hairworks. Thats sad...

But yeah, well said @Redemption80, why nvidia allowed this? Promoting and giving away the game with their cards for next gen graphical experience then we get PS4 version.

15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well, the way I see it is like this:CDRP can take lessons from Rockstar, because now Rockstar IMO is the last/best/true and only company out there for us PC gamers.

Why? They were so smart.

1.Released GTAV first on 360 and PS3
    2.Released better versions of the game for PS4 and XONE later on.
    3.Finally they released the game on PC - which is THE BEST VERSION/BEST LOOKING and RUNS like a dream even on old PC hardware.

Rockstar made TONS OF MONEY and kept US PC gamers happy in the process:).

He**, I even bought the PS3 and the pc version.

I rather wait for The Witcher 3 a few months(even a full year) and get the first version that CDRP showed back in 2013.

16. lowrider_05

lowrider_05 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XTXH LC
    Well said

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah same here, and I bought the PS3 and PC version too of GTA V, well payed. They deserved it. :D I knew what I was getting unlike with witcher 3 and other games lol.

Yeah.. and that's how you make games, **** SAKE. To ensure the happiness of every class. But some only think about money and how they can squeeze out everything at the same time, come on... If they would've truly cared about us they would've delayed the PC version (maybe they were embarrased / ashamed already to do it again or whatever) .. but anyways, they would've delayed the PC version and ensured it will look like it did before.

18. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    "Sort of" official word on the downgrade

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Also hats down to them that they learned after GTA 4 port fiasco and gave us Max Payne 3 and GTA 5, which look and run great on PC!

20. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.