Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    lol, multiplayer "kill the boss" type DLC. Guess they finaly figured the game was a single player mmo.

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Well I'm sad to say I've been having some rather major issues with the game since installing the latest patch.

Game would get stuck on travelling screen when using the boat to leave the dragon island.
    Characters loaded on screen but textures were still left loading which made the game unable to save
    An entire portion of the game world failed to load leaving me stood in part of the loaded game world looking into a massive empty space with a few assets loaded in the distance
    The world streaming and highly annoying "running pause" is now more frequent than ever and once resulted in a completely unexpected reset of my machine. It paused around 5 times in just as many minutes.
    Twice now on top I've had to reboot my machine as the game would become totally unresponsive with high cpu usage

Never suffered any of these issues either as bad as or at all before the latest 1.9GB patch so am pretty pissed off about it. I've gone from thoroughly enjoying my time with it to being afraid to even boot it up practically overnight. :bang:

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just to update switching back to directx 11 from mantle seems to have cured all of my issues. Back to enjoying the game again.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For singleplayer the Black Emporium add-on is now available and for multiplayer the Dragonslayer mode is also out now, both are actually free too.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Prob to calm the gamers they pi**ed off with the latest patch.

6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    What part of the latest patch pissed off gamers?

EDIT: Just checked out the items in the single player DLC: The Black Emporium. Just ... "Sigh", why would they do this? The items bought there goes from meh to legendary crazy OP craft.. And if you lack resources to craft said item, no worries ! The shop also sells ALL the resources in the game, even all the rare ones from dragons .. mmmhmm :bang: --- Bioware, putting the P2W element into singleplayer is just .. eh?

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  7. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    Glad you got it resolved. If it makes you feel any better I personally found the boost from Mantle to be very minimal and I also got occasional crashes with it (though not as bad as it sounds you had). So you haven't really lost much by not using it.

8. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    The only Dragon Age Inquisition review that was honest and that I agreed with!

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/12/dragon-age-inquisition-review

This review actually covers how the game was pretty much an offline MMO with boring quests and huge empty zones/maps that are banal and have no relation to the main quest.

9. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    The core engine can look stunning. I bet with mods the gameplay can be improved.

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    http://www.pcgamer.com/the-making-of-dragon-age-inquisition/

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I agree for the most part. I still like the game, but it could have been SO much better if they accompanied the nice visuals with more story driven quests and less MMO-esque fetch quests. Even if this meant smaller zones/shorter story.

12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    So reading that review,it sounds like the controls kinda suck. I can't stand controllers. I have a wireless xbox 360 controller for pc,but I'm not really fond of it. I like the keyboard and mouse.

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The game is perfectly suited to playing with a controller actually and trust me when I say this is coming from someone who was once of the mind that no RPG would ever be properly suited to a none mouse and keyboard setup.

14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Its suited for a controller,because its made for a console. It would be cool to stream it to my HTPC and play on the 60" plasma from the couch..

15. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Just for the record,I do have Dragon Age Origins. Didn't get very far and started losing interest. May play it some tonight.

16. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Does tommorow unlocks Descent DLC for somebody ? For me is in 2 days.
    Is this last DLC?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  17. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Crashes, glitches and loading times. That's reasonable enough. Not everybody has 980SLI.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Another patch was released.
    http://blog.bioware.com/2015/08/10/dragon-age-inquisition-patch-9-notes/

(In addition to these fixes it probably also makes the game compatible with the upcoming DLC.)

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    lemme know how it is, heard mediocre things about jaws of hakkon, not sure if this would be worth it either.

tbh, most bioware games seem to have mediocre dlc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.