No Optimization for Kepler (GTX780 - GTX780TI - TITAN etc. ) Banchmarks inside !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bigosik, May 8, 2015.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    780 on default clocked way to low, 850mhz if i'm correct. all the 780 overclock to at least 1100mhz on stock cooler, the rest is up to your setup and you.

But once u breach the 1200mhz, the 780 going crazy in a good way, this is defiantly the best nvidia card i ever owned, now imagine if it had brute compute as well.

though for my compute purpose, it is the best.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    guess what some people owns Fermi cards and watch benchmarks trash their cards everyday but they don't care because it's enough for them

even 680 is still awesome and kicks a lot of ass

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Keplers are still on top, i've seen it used it, kep and max are the best performing cards atm

4. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    Thats normal business practices from Nvidia.
    You have 1 Gen good driver support after then f@ck off and buy a new card :D

Keep the 780Ti one year more and you will found out the new drivers will slow down your GPU. They make something like so since the 8800 Series. Thats normal for Nvidia, ...

5. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    That sounds like an enormous pile of crap TBH.. well, based from personal experience anyway.

6. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    I feel like I've wandered into the Twilight Zone. Newer cards performing better in new games than older cards? This is surprising?

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Maxwell is just more efficient and can boost to higher clocks than Kepler. Not much else to say.

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No it's not. Nvidia is supporting several past architectures as well as a current one. It's no surprise that the current one gets most boosts - it wasn't maxed out yet and it gets the most attention obviously. But saying that NV isn't supporting older architectures when you can install the newest driver on a GTX480 card from freaking five years ago is just plain wrong. Every new driver have changes for the whole range of supported hardware. Some changes are h/w agnostic and some are h/w specific. I know for a fact that even the oldest supported h/w gets these specific updates and changes from time to time.

When it comes to support of older GPUs NV is in the lead. The competition is much worse in this.

Care to provide any proof of older GPUs getting slower with the newer drivers?

9. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    I bench so much drivers from the last 2 years.
    On benchmarks tests older GPUs get optimization, too.
    On Games the FPS fall down with every new drivers with small steps.

10. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    With my previous card (radeon hd) I had to use old dlls to regain performance on a good number of games (dx9 and dx10). I thought nvidia had better support for old cards and that's why I went green (I hope it's true).

11. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    IMO, i must agree that i see less and less optimization (performance), now they have a focus on fix things and not in "performance drivers". My hope is D12 for my SLI. :nerd:

12. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Unlike AMD, Nvidia drivers are probably already optimized for Dx9-11 performance and of course older gens. #Firstworldproblems

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    #Struggle Is Real

*snort

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Driver optimization still works well for my cards, just sayin! :blunt:

15. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    apart from some random games having performance issues, kepler been getting more optimization work on the drivers for the longest

most likely kepler optimization has matured nearly as far as they can, but u should see a 10-30% performance differnce between card major model

ie 680->780->980 should see 30% increase from each jump

16. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    nVidia used to release drivers all the time that gave substantial boosts to performance of the prior 2-3 product cycles, not just the current cards like we've seen for a couple years now. Next time i'm in the market for a graphics card, i'll likely buy two "lesser" cards and avoid paying a premium for cards like my GTX 780ti as long as nVidia is going to continue this policy.

Btw... that's some nice looking Schiit. I've been a big fan of their amps and have to admit they've got one of the best websites I've ever seen. I got such a kick out of it, I actually read through every single product listing, FAQ, "about us", and the stuff i normally wouldn't even glance at. Brilliant copywriters for certain!

17. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Kepler was still similar to Fermi however, so optimizations for the 600/700 series could trickle down to the 400/500 series

If Maxwell and Kepler are too different, the GPUs need separate optimizations.

I'd guess that Nvidia's Tesla GPUs stopped getting performance drivers as well back when Fermi was released.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I've pointed this out several months ago, but assumed Nvidia were just fully focused on Maxwell and may have temporarily neglected Kep on the driver side of things. But seems its still persisting. I doubt the argument that Max was not fully optimized at launch, because we now have older gen AMD cards 7970/280x on par or beating 780/ti. So could be what carfax said re Max and GCN arches better suited to handle newer games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    take that with grant of salt, game works perfect here on 780, in fact the and TNO works way better on nvidia than AMD, AMD is weak at OGL.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080