The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    you probably didnt play past the tutorial im guessing. It wasnt very good.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It really isn't, I was probably around 5 hours into it before I started enjoying it.

Hopefully they don't make that same mistake again.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Last edited: May 10, 2015

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    rofl, (.)(.) get in touch with the dude who posted it, he needs your permission first of all to even put your name there / or credit.. even though you didn't do it. :D

But get in touch with the guy directly and tell him. Hopefully he removes that bit lol.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @boodikon - Thanks for the heads up man:p
    @Deathchild - cheers yo. Just did.:D

****, thats the last thing i need.

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I don´t understand why some people can´t accept that W3 graphics have been downgraded compared to the images they showed us one or two years ago. It´s so obvious that it hurts (literally!)...

Now that doesn´t mean that CDPR don´t care about PC gaming, it´s just means that they´ve used the dirty old trick of showing early graphics that were great, to raise the hype levels, knowing that they couldn´t provide the same graphics upon release. And now, they are getting the deserved backlash for using this crap tricks...

And although i don´t like companies to do this kind of stuff, i really don´t care because i´m already used to this kind of crap. I just want the game to be good because it has been a while since i´ve played a decent game.

BTW does anyone knows how much the game is gonna cost? On Steam the game is 43.99€ on pre-purchase and it also shows 59.99€. Is this the price after release?

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That wasn't your question. Your question was
    So yes, using VPN IS better for the dev because they get £10 from me, they would get nothing if I pirated it. Comprehend?

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I did. I clocked about 10 hours into TW2. Didn't like it. The setting was meh.

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Someone made a good point over at n4g in the comments under that article about downgraded visuals. And it's that the game went from this cold, dark grim look to this sunset, overblown, colorful look.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I am not promoting it. I'm just trying to explain to you, in plain english, that paying for a game is better than pirating it. Even if I only pay £10.

How is paying for a game stealing exactly? You make me lol. I haven't stolen anything, I bought the game, legitimately. Would paying £20 from a legit cd key site also be considered stealing?

13. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    What if I gave someone from the Ukraine the money to send me a copy, would you cry about that?

**** the law, this world has become so corrupt that the law is ONLY there to serve those in power. It is not there to benefit YOU AT ALL.
    Anything that stops these villains from getting there hands on tax money to fund wars is a win in my book.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no need for that, reported.

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It doesn't affect you in the slightest, so go get mad somewhere else.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hey, what if I was eastern European? Oh, in fact, I am. And what if I was visiting back home and pre-ordered my copy of TW3 directly from GOG while I'm visiting my parents? Or what if my brother bought me a copy on GOG for my birthday and sent me a key via email along with a "Happy Birthday bro?"

Guess what, I've bought things here in the UK for my brother who lives with my family in Slovakia because they're cheaper. People go on holiday to Spain and come back with thousands of cigarettes because they cost 1/3 of the price compared to the UK. Nothing wrong with making the most of the situation every now and then. I'll have you know I own 100% of my games legit, I have around 200 games on Steam and countless boxed versions of games. I've used a vpn trick a couple of times, max.

Don't call me cheap ass. I paid £39.99 for the collector's edition of TW2, I also have collector's edition of TW1. TW2 is now £2.24 on Steam. If I was cheap, I would have picked it up on a steam sale. Actually, I did even buy it on Steam again for £9.99 iirc. So I bought the game twice. And I have the original game. And I'm eastern European. You have nothing to stand on, I'm afraid.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The govt taxes publishers for selling the goods in a country. The publisher passes that extra cost onto the consumer.

Blame the govt for causing people to "shop around".

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Still, spending £10 on the game from GOG is better for the dev than people pirating it. And after the visual downgrade we're getting in TW3, most will feel that that's all they deserve.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh so it's not illegal but it's immoral? I can live with that, trust me. I also think it's immoral for people in Slovakia to pay the same for 1L of petrol that you guys in Germany pay. The world is immoral, get used to it.

BTW, here's a newsflash, people in eastern European countries do pirate games. Imagine living on 380EUR/month and having to buy games for 35-45EUR. Piracy is ripe in eastern Europe, I can assure you.

You clearly live in your little bubble where everything is great and life is all pink. It doesn't work like that in a lot of places, trust me.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So everyone else should have to pick up the tab and pay extra because those countries cant, dont want to or cant afford to pay for a game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.