Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I tried out the MP4 GT3 around the largest Silverstone..............not so good I'm afraid. 2:11:xxx is the best I could muster right now. I had trouble keeping the car under control, even compared to the P1. For example, the sweeping turns are killing me. I try to keep a good rate of speed then give it some gas after the apex, but the car just seems to be going like grip, grip, grip, instant loss of all grip and I'm backwards or spinning.

I have never been good at Silverstone, but I feel like the car being so skittish which in turn makes me lose lots of time in sweepers, is the kicker. I usually do 4 laps to get my head in the game and get the tires all warmed up before my next 3 laps are when I try to get a good lap time. Is that not how this game wants it to be done?

I'm not going to give up on this game by any means, I'm just not sure how to be in control of the GT3 cars. The GT4 Aston, by comparison, is like driving Mrs. Daisy. No chance of losing it due to the low amount of power, so not very involving game play. Lastly, do any of you guys use ABS, traction, or stability stuff?

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The more i play this, the more i find the trailers to be more exciting than the actual game.

4. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    On the offical forums there are a lot of users with problems.
    I myself had two CTD's, each one generating erros in windows:
    "Exception Acces Violation"
    The error logs are in my documents/project cars
    I uploaded them to the official forum, but no word what's the cause yet.
    I'm not alone, some users can't even start the game properly.
    One suggestion is to close all programs with OSD's, like Rivatunes, Fraps and MSI Afterburner.

I updated Direct X, and C++.
    Sure hope they find a solution, or it's money wasted.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I some of the turns are trickier than others with a gamepad.

When hotlapping you can just go for it on lap one, if you hotlap in time trial mode, that is. Your brakes and tyres should be up to temperature from the start. You can check your motec display to confirm this.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    rofl.. seems like a good game

11. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    I like em all but pc cars sounds almost indentical to the real sound. You can hear the blow off vavle in the real and pc cars sound, you don't here it at all in a/c. I have a bov in my own car so i picked that up right away!

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hahahaha!

Do you have a moment to hear of the good word of SMS.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you should get your ears checked lol. It is in there in AC, you can clearly hear the bov. On top of that, the engine sound is a lot more accurate in AC.

14. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Personally I'm loving this. Has far more of a soul to it than AC.

I like AC, but this is actually a game and makes me grin far more than AC. Great start and look forward to it expanding car rosters etc in the future.

15. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I havent bought the game for fear that if i do have a bad word to say about it I'll be banned from playing it online or something.

Since the campaign started ive heard nothing but bad things from a financial point of view like some people forced to go to their banks as SMS changed what you were entitled to depending on what you gave them and did not offer refunds.

But this is just hearsay none the less it doesnt come off good that people were expecting the full game and only get a discount code.

If this sought of thing is happening alot I trust people will contact trading standards or similar in their own countries as it almost comes off a fraud by false representation

Having said all this if it is just hearsay i wish SMS well and hope the bugs get sorted.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, as a game, it's better atm than AC. But if you want a sim, AC wins. They kinda complement each other, which is cool. Long term, I will play AC a lot more, of course. Not only because it's more authentic and more fun to drive, but also because pCars support will be dropped soon.

SMS changed the model in Feb 2012. They were forced to because of legal reasons. They did offer people refunds though.

Still, the development was stuck in the "it's in pre-alpha, it'll be fixed at release" mantra for good 2.5 years. We all know how the game launched. Features missing, bugs, unhappy customers, bad blur on PS4 version and game breaking controller bugs on XBONE.

I'm kinda fed up with PC gaming. It's all lies.

17. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Why do you think pCars support will be dropped soon? Not read anything about that myself, I'd have thought they'd milk the title for ages with dlc...

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You haven't read about it because they keep to themselves. pCars 2 was confirmed internally before pCars even launcher. SMS already confirmed (internally) that funding for pCars 2 will start within the next few weeks. This was a few weeks ago so I'm expecting it to kick off very soon. Seeing as they couldn't get some basics right over 4 years when pCars was their sole focus, I can't see them fixing the issues when they're working on the sequel. Still, I'm sure they'll flood us with $$$ DLCs but the core issues will remain unfixed.

19. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Is the second one crowd funded too ?

F*cked if I'd be backing them if it is, surely they have made enough now to invest in their own follow up.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, crowd funded again.