Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Noice!

2. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    amazing ....

3. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB

so i was trying to get MasterEffect to work with GTAV, for those who dont know about it, its similar to sweetfx, it use sweetfx 2 hook for injection, but it has more shaders/option and a high quality bloom, i was reading the config file and saw this :

Haarm Peter Duiker Filmic Tonemapping: Tonemapping used in Watch Dogs, ripped from the Watch Dogs shaders themselves.

and i try on GTAV, but it dosnt look that good since GTAV already look amazing, but it also dosnt look like any watch dogs lighting, so i load it on watch dogs, and wow, instant amazingness, it look fantastic and very close the early demos

i wouldnt go as far as to say that they used this exact shader, but its close to the point where they at least used someting very similar, there are also other shaders tonemapping that look amazing like Reinhard and Filmic Curve ( from uncharted2 ), also the bloom is really good, nothing like the old sweetfx bloom and look even better than the in game bloom

the downside is that it ressources heavy, when i was filming the video the game was running at 20fps sometimes, even on my 980, everything is maxed out ultra @1440p

4. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Yes!, yes! Hype is at it's maximum!

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Great vid! I liked how you staged it, very close to the PS4 Premiere!

6. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I know this might be too early, but is there any way on getting the files?

7. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
  8. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    That's interesting find right there Essenthy, I tried it myself and gotta say it was good expirience.

However, I'm not sure if it's placebo effect again, but some of those MasterEffect tweaks were indeed cool, but I think it could be achieved by old SweetFX thing.

I uploaded my own preset for this, all files inside, ready to work specially for WD, tuned a bit green to make it look like more E3

If anyone wants to try this, get the reshade, extract it anywhere on your pc, it doesnt matter. Then download this, and extract into your Watch_Dogs/bin folder

To see a change, once in game, you can turn on and off effects by using right arrow key on a keyboard.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  9. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    thanks , will try your preset! i dont think its placebo, the difference when you toggle it on/off is just night and day, sweetfx dont even come close to this, for me i dont think i will ever try and get better lighting from the game files again, ther's just no way to get that result, unless maybe tweaking the game shaders themselves ,but i dont know how to do that properly or wich shader is exactly controlling the tonemapping

am actually interested to implement MasterEffect shader back to watch dogs , but am not sure how MasterEffect work to begin with

does it render the shader on top of the game default shader ?

maybe it replace the default shader with its own ?

does it look that good because we are using the two shaders on top of each other at the same time ?

the author said in config file that shader is from watch dogs, but it look too good to be the default shader, so it might be unsed ( wich mean there might be other unsed shaders )

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  10. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    really really great ... much closer ... thanks a lot

11. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Too bad its not natural shader replacement, and just injection over the game stuff shaders, will not look natural in any way, but will mimic the look.

And that dissapoints me, some long editing must be done to at least "hide" the injection aspect of it, and that involves a lot of work with the game lighting itself, too, the gamma, the other stuff

And because of that, my preset is a bit over contrasted compared to the original vision, I already fixed it, but it still doesnt satisfy me to release it ;p

Will see what I can do...

12. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    for the definitive wd mod 3.0, what game version does it require?

13. YoDevi

YoDevi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Stunning! Is the video without any mod installed?

14. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    no it has mods, cars lights/lenseflares from txgt, old UI elements from the guys making the def mod, population density from marduk, the rest is my own lighting/reflection modification

@Puredoria : yep exactly what i though

15. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Hi Essenthy! Would you be so knid as to post a pic? IWant to see it for myself but im using my phone now not avalible to watch a vid.

16. Zer01neDev

Zer01neDev Guest

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    It does't change if your not using TXGT MOD, but other mod exist like Definitive and Merged that look better and more E3 than TXGT + ReShade(and ReShade don't worth it, its just make the game more buggy with a color filter like Battlefield)

17. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    [​IMG]

18. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Hm, it seems whenever I try to install mastereffect, the game loads fine, but the effect won't load.

I've installed reshade and removed 3Dmigoto but still no avail.

Is there something I'm missing?

19. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    you have to install reshade first, and tell reshade that the game is using DirectX11 ( you can choose ), then install masterEffect, when its working you should get a message on the top left corner of the screen that mastereffect/reshade has been properly loaded

20. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I get that, but no effects are appear.