Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    That would have been Geoff crammonds f1gp on the Amiga 500. The last decent sim before That was Indianapolis 500.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I had an Amiga 600. Pure l337 ;)

3. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero

I am in the same boat buddy, currently without a wheel setup for like the first time ever, wife made me get rid of it. For now I am using a DS4 connected with bluetooth to the PC. Anyway point is if anyone can find a controller configuration that makes Project Cars handle like Forza 5 does on Xbox one, PLEASE POST IT HERE.

Forza 5 has the best controller mechanics of any racing game I've ever played. I've played almost all the good racing sims there are with wheel and always tried controller to see how it is, but Forza 5 just kills them all

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'm using a 360 pad myself, i had to lower the sensitivity a lot and give the left stick a slightly larger dead zone for it to feel decent enough.

5. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    I have tried that already and still analog has absolutely no precision compared to games like gran turismo or forza.

'
    Forza5 is super fun to play on xbox one gamepad, impuls triggers are superb feature, and analog precision is perfect. I could play this game without even wishing for separate wheel.

I hope, they can fix analog settings in ProjectC.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    This would be a great idea to help me get an idea as to where I stand among our Guru3D PCARS players. I don't have a wheel and can't get one, so I'm stuck on an old X360 controller that I feel will keep me from being able to compete.

I still am having tons of fun just doing hotlaps and time trials so far, but I've only managed to set 2 semi fast and clean laps. In a McLaren P1 on Laguna Seca my best time so far is 1:30.1xx and at the longest variant on Snetterton was 1:53.4xx. eclap, if you have the time and wouldn't mind doing those tracks in that car just so I know how far behind I am, that would be awesome.

Both races were done at 17:00 for the time and clear for the weather. I wouldn't mind racing with some fellow Gurus someday in the future even if I get last and spin several times.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not a fan of the p1 but will give Laguna Seca a go in a bit ;)

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Awesome, thanks a lot. I'm really forcing myself to use the P1 to learn how to handle all of that power without using any of the assists. After I have a grasp on some of the tracks I've never raced on before I'll move to the GT3 Aston or GT3 McLaren.

Also, I just ran a 1:19.8xx on Willow in the P1 if you'd like to compare that one as well.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    World no.1 baby, for that combo anyway :)
    [​IMG]

Not a fan of the P1, in fact, not a fan of most super and hyper cars, they have too much power, crappy brakes, soft suspension, they're heavy etc. I much prefer GT racing. Anyway, that lap was far from clean :/

10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Would you look at that! I'm uncovering your super combo, LOL. That is amazing. Even in my 10+ years of playing every GT and Forza game I never got in the top 100 of anything.

I guess we won't be racing against one another anytime in this decade...................and earlier you said you were not that good.............:puke2:

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm actually not that good lol, that lap was far from clean, top people will easily be another 3 seconds faster.

Let me know when you start with GT3 cars, I like racing those :)

12. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I'm not sure when I'll switch to GT3's. Can you give me some example lap times you are running with a GT3 car? I doubt I'll be able to get within 5 seconds, but I can try.

EDIT - Anybody else here that is interested in the whole idea of some Guru3D members trying to race? We know eclap will be in first and I'll be in last, but let's fill out some of the positions between those!

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I noticed wheel stands are a lot cheaper than they used to be. Saw one similar to mine on eBay for $89 but the G27 wheel is still kinda pricey. I figured it would be under $200 by now. I paid $500 for my G27 and Wheel stand pro combined. Now all I need is the Oculus Rift.

This is my driver seat, I can fold it and set it off to the side.

[​IMG]

Right, that's basically how I remember it, if you paid a certain amount you got the retail release free and what I paid..I think was $25, I was supposed to get it for only $35 more but I didn't get a discount on squat, I have to pay full price. Of course they can promise whatever they want, doesn't mean jack. I can make some promises too if anyone here is willing to send me a few $$. ;)

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, the changed the model of how the game will be distributed. There's a lot of people out there who were surprised they didn't get the full game they were promised. SMS changed the model, after WMD voted on it, so instead of a free game, people get a discount.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just a LOL! http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/games/stories/1331714854909/project-cars-delayed-to-perfection

Try Silverstone GP in one of the GT3 cars. I like the McLaren MP4-12C GT3, think my lap was around 2:03:8xx around there, still 2 seconds off the best. I'll work on that tomorrow maybe, should easily get into top 3 there.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It's amazing how much adjusting tire pressures and brake balance can transform a car.

17. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Here is some fun stuff for people to test (to see if you can get an FPS boost).

The in car view and the HUD causes an FPS drop (at least for some), if you play the game in 3rd person or with the complete clear (bumper) view with no HUD you get a massive FPS and GPU usage boost. For example when using the complete clear (bumper) view i gained almost 30fps simply by turning the HUD off (just he HUD, nothing more) - if you have the HUD on or play in any in-car view (doesn't matter if this HUD is on or off) you get an FPS drop.

Weird.

3rd person.
    Hud off - 68.5FPS @ 71% GPU usage.
    http://i.imgur.com/Sh0gmPq.jpg
    Hud on - 46.4FPS @ 58% GPU usage.
    http://i.imgur.com/2Djxy6j.jpg

Clear view.
    Hud off - 79.9FPS @ 75% GPU usage.
    http://i.imgur.com/Jd1RRZ2.jpg
    Hud on - 51.5FPS @ 58% GPU usage.
    http://i.imgur.com/GUGI9Kf.jpg

1st Person.
    Hud off - 48.4FPS @ 57% GPU usage.
    http://i.imgur.com/UnlIxTU.jpg
    Huff on - 47.9FPS @ 57% GPU usage.
    http://i.imgur.com/nllw7z2.jpg

1st Person no mirrors.
    Hud off - 48.4FPS @ 57% GPU usage.
    http://i.imgur.com/62jk7I1.jpg
    Hud on - 47.6FPS @ 57% GPU usage.
    http://i.imgur.com/HHTy1fs.jpg

I did links for the pictures as they are all 1080p in size.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    At what gfx setting/level, Major? All maxed out or...?

Edit: I looks as if reflections are atleast on High..

19. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Those shots are max settings @ 1080p bar the extra AA settings (its just FXAA on high), it doesn't really matter though as the HUD (or the in-car view) causes the FPS/GPU usage drop no matter what the visual settings are set to (i did maxed, high and medium tests).

For some odd reason, when in 3rd person or clear bumper view simply turning the HUD off increases the FPS - by quite a bit. Or you could say, playing the game with the in-car view (no matter what the HUD setting) or any other view with the HUD on causes an FPS drop - by quite a bit.

For the time being I'm sticking to no HUD and bumper view, it has the biggest performance boost for me by quite some margin.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000