Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Peds. I've run them over a few times :D

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Peds, go up mt chilliad in a car, bound to see some.

And yes hiking is an activity you can do, what you do is look at a mountain then walk towards it, then keep walking

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    lol, I can do that in most games but you know what I meant.

4. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    My new favorite thing is to take the fork lift and lift and flip cycles, also the bulldozer is great for lifting and flipping cars and other things such as peds. Try to lose the cops in a fork lift is the new challenge.

5. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK

That's a brilliant vid!:)

6. Alpin_fresh

Alpin_fresh Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Gigabyte G1
    Real in game radio Spotify "HARD MOD"

No more need to al tab, and music is non dependent on game sound. Real playslist gestions

This tab is dedicated and sticked to my central screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also works with Itunes

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  7. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Just spent my week-end for played this game, again and again... :wanker:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GTA5: War-Z? LOL! =))
    [​IMG]

8. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Yes, that's because OpenIV now is getting better work with GTA5.
    Sooner, we would see some awesome tweaks *.XML for shaders, physic, etc. And also customization for textures and models too... :)
    Like what they already done with WatchDogs and GTAIV in the past :)

[​IMG]

9. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    And where would I find this mod?

10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    You will have to download another 5 GB as a patch. Better get some coffee.

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Never thought I'd say it but I've utterly lost the will to play this game at around the 43% mark.

The worst culprit of this has to be the awful design decision surrounding the fact that although the game allows you to choose who to play as I'm so very sick and tired of being told I need to return as M/F/T to play a certain mission. It utterly saps my enjoyment of the game in an instant even though I'm well aware I can switch and taxi it to the destination without much fuss.

Why can't mission X just be whomever I was choosing to play as at the time so it cuts out the stop start nature of the game I keep running into? The same goes for properties only a certain person can buy even though all three of my chars all have the required amount of cash. Oh the unnecessary rigmarole.

Not only this but I swear the game enjoys giving you nothing to do for large portions of the game so much so that I can't even bring myself to just clown around as I would in previous GTA outings. I'm bored, period. Add to this that I just find the map design spectacularly dull in nature and what else is there to say? All in all I'm only starting to regret my purchase the more I try to play the game.

Bring on Just Cause 3 I say and let's make sandbox games actually fun again.

12. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Can't please everyone. Game is super fun.

13. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I agree with Stone, San Andreas was a lot more fun when not in mission and the hills and motorways were a lot more interesting, more random shootouts, more getaways, ability to train in the gym, go out for meals etc.

Cop pestering is also a little too high for me especially helis etc, inability to have a good shootout without cops getting involved way too quickly, the 5000 dollar hospital charge, little things I guess.

Maybe I am nitpicking, but things like this do standout, especially the inability to do missions as whatever character you are already playing especially if the mission involves all 3 anyway.

14. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I am sure mods will take care of most of those. For me the game is great fun and fun is what you make it. Last thing I did was hop on a train flatcar and ride around shooting random items with the mini gun. The cops really have a hard time getting to you when your on the train flatcar and you lose them quickly anyway with all the tunnels and such.

There is always something to do, if not then invent something.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just checked the Steam Store Page, and all i see is Negative Reviews.

Looks like it's not worth the risk paying 60 Euros and get Banned for using Single Player Mods.

16. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    RockStar already officially stated a few days ago you won't get banned for singleplayer mods. People who claim that usually neglect to mention they were spawning cash in GTA Online.

Anyways its a fantastic game and been using mods for the last few weeks and haven't been banned.

17. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Game is a masterpiece. Worth buying.
    Just don't mod GTA online.

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's a great game...but not my 1st choice for multiplayer gaming.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Technically. It's a masterpiece purely on a technical level hands down no questions asked although I for one still think the map is rather poorly designed overall with far too much wasted space and nothing to do the further north you go.

The actual gameplay however just can't match the games superlative technical prowess on offer and although I will never tire of switching between chars on the fly wondering what they are up to I'm almost always at a loss as to what to do with them once I take control.

See you'd think taking out such things as the option to enter a food establishment for a bite toe at wouldn't really go a miss but oh it really, really does. The amount of times I've driven past one and felt the need to go inside simply because that's what I've grown so used to doing in previous GTA outings, I've lost count. I feel like there's a piece of the game missing.

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned San Andreas as somehow as dated as the game now looks I'd still say the game world was much more vibrant and involving than GTA V's. Even with the population ramped right up in V I often find myself stood at a crossroads without a single car or more than two people visible around me. It feels sparse, empty, devoid of any true being.

But hey at least it looks nice and is technically sound, right?

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Errr you guys noticed that each character's map symbols are color coded and that in theory this should safe you from the frustration to drive up to a green 'L' as Trevor and having the game reminding you to come back as Franklin?

Also certain businesses only make sense for certain char or can be bought for several chars (aircraft hangar for Michael & Franklin for example, wouldnt make much sense for Trevor because he already has a whole airstrip).

In the end it comes down to whether you can see GTA V as a bit of fresh air into the whole GTA genre by switching chars on the fly or if you are too much in love with older titles to make use of the new feature and therefore roleplay each character as it's meant to be. Me, i play Trevor totally different than Michael or Franklin. Buying the scrapyard as Trevor makes totally sense to me since i'm going about destroying things as Trevor a lot more than with the other chars.

Etc etc. But maybe GTA V is not for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.