Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    lol what a fricking big mess and a bad joke Project C.A.R.S Is ... , i would never give one cent ever again to this devs and sms. I was raped buying need for speed shift , screwed big time by sms studios , their lack of help , support and arrogance + the game never got fixed = Never Ever trust this guys again ! , lesson learned , do not buy into the hype and lies of sms , avoid like a plague guys.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well, I'm a passionate guy and I was really excited for this. They were going to go all lengths to deliver the ultimate racing sim. Which they didn't do.

3. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    You should stop gaming al together, its clear in your post you got some anger issues to work out!!!

4. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I haven't read any of this thread yet but after not playing any sims for about 8 years I've just tried this (hotlapping around Donny) and I must say it feels just like an updated version of GTL & GTR2 so far.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, those were the days, Dijon GP, you in the De Tomaso Pantera, me in the Porsche 911RSR, you always beat me though, that Pantera had some grunt!

6. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Im an old guy, (52), I've been racing online pc only since 2003. Nascar season 2003 was my 1st tital.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    My first what you could call a modern sim was F1GP in erm... can't remember, 1991? Been an avid sim racer since then. I'm not very good, mind, but I do enjoy a competitive race online.

8. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Technically I bought it with my £25 when all beta testing started where we were promised full digital copy at release date. I have played all the betas up to latest one which is almost the same as released "final game".

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    First off, they said they'd have that ready quite soon.

Also, do you remember where the F1 series from Codies started?
    Each year (!!) they added something vital that was missing initially. Flags, safety car, aquaplane and so on. They took money for it though, each time, full price.

Now what do you prefer?

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    This argument doesn't stand. SMS started off with a promise to deliver the ultimate race sim. They did NOT deliver that. They delivered Shift 3, like it or not.

I'm sorry, just played AC for the first time since pCars went live, 458 GT2 round Monza and I have to say, after playing pCars for the last 3 days, AC is miles ahead in car handling, FFB, the essential parts of how racing should be. Sure, it still isn't a game, too much is missing but the most important part of it, the actual feeling of driving a car is so much better than pCars. AC has the foundations down, unlike pCars.

About Codies F1 games, it's not like major DLCs for pCars will be free. Also, work on pCars 2 already started and that won't be free so there's that.

11. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Good times. Can't believe it was so long ago really. The time trials and online battles made that game one of the most fun I've ever played.

How's the online racing in this game so far? Any good?

I've played Assetto Corsa and as far as the cars go they're excellent. As for the rest of the game itself it's half finished. Not sure why they would release it in that state, the AI are lolworthy & I can't even bind some control keys.

12. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Eclap i agree ive been using a/c since its early release, and the mark of a good title is how changing your set up actually improves your speed. A/C does this very well. Just want to see more content! They have licenses for many cars that are not yet in the game yet. its my favorite racing game thus far!

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hehe, yeah we had some good battles ;)

Online is so so atm on pCars. I got myself a premium membership on RaceDepartment, they have a private server for pCars (and AC) so you're guaranteed to run with good clean drivers. Haven't really had the time to go on their server though, it was down last night so I just pugged it. When the servers don't crash in pCars, it's enjoyable, you just have to assume that everyone around you is an idiot, be very cautious ;)

Glad we agree. AC will take some time but they started with getting the very basics right, the physics, the FFB, the licensing of everything in the game, the laser scanning etc. Now they just have to chip away at it but eventually we'll have a good game because the foundations are already there.

Not so sure pCars will ever be there, I can't see them reshuffling the physics, the FFB. I can see a lot of DLC coming maybe, which will be nice. But it'll still only be a Shift 3 to me.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Aaaaanyway, here's a video of me racing the AI at Barcelona. Weirdly the 970 only ran at 540/3505 so the framerate is a bit lower than it normally would be. All maxed at 1440p.

Oh, the AI put me off a few times so not the cleanest of racing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0EKDD3KV_4

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dat Vram usage, haha. :D You have a Legendary 970.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's quite silly saying that and you know it. No arguments, no discussion, quite simple ;)

17. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    The displayed core clock is a bug along with the VRAM usage being crazy, I get the same thing with my cards when I disable or enable SLi without restarting MSI Afterburner. :)

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I did check afterburner after that session and the game finished with core clock at 540mhz. Not sure if that's correct or not.

The vram usage is off too, it usually sits lower than that, by a fair bit. Anyone watched the entire video? The race engineer made a funny comment on that last lap, think it was turn 6.

19. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It was likely using much higher clocks than that as at 540mhz you'd lose quite a lot of fps, restart of MSI Afterburner will sort it :)

And yeah I watched the whole race, some nice driving there and that engineer was pretty funny :D

20. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Game runs fine on my PC, but I need to say, project cars is impossible to play on gamepad. I know guys, simulators should be played on a proper wheel, but even so games like gran turismo and forza was also very playable on gamepads.

I tried 3x gamepads. Xbox360, xboxOne, and ps3. In project cars if you for example push thumbstick just a little, car will turn way too fast, so even on straight road it's very hard to drive. In gran turismo or forza if you push thumbstick just a litte, car will turn accordingly (slow, and with precision). It's almost like analogs in ProjectC works like digital buttons. Seems like a huge oversight on developers part to me, how they could not see that ?