Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I think if I do decide to go with Fanatec, I'd just get a stand/frame built specifically for it. Not a fan of drills.

2. Akram

Akram Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD R9 290 4 GB
    Can Som3one tell me, how to:

1. Disable Controller Vibration
    2. avoid Skidding or Slipping while turning the car at corners
    3. Explain What is Steering Deadzone and Steering Sensitivity

3. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    1 don't use a controller so not sure on the first one, but I would assume under controllers and force feedback there would be an option to disable or tone it down.
    2. get a wheel
    3 deadzone adds a specified amount of deadzone near top dead centre, i.e. a few degrees before anything happens.

4. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I wasn't referring to bad AI in racing, I was referring to the poster that said the AI suddenly appeared on track and hit him at warp speed, hence my remark about multiplayer and slow bandwidth, as his description fits my past experience of online racing.

But if you want to discuss it, the AI, whilst not perfect, isn't that bad. I've always done career mode in testing and it has gradually got better and better. Last night I did a GT4 race at the Glen, AI were pretty good, a couple of slow moments, but generally very good, and no worse than any other games at the moment, in fact, I would say better than AC. Again tonight, GT4 career race at Sanoma, tidy and generally very good AI.

You can get off your high horse now.

Last edited: May 8, 2015

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Still rocking my 3" PVC cockpit I built a few years back cost about as much as one of the cheap wheel stands (had an old racing bucket and sliders laying around the garage) and works a charm. I've been thinking of Americanizing it and adding a cup holder though.

6. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    Just bought the game! And what aload of crap! Turned it off within 15mins..what have they been doing the last couple of years..
    The courses look dull nothing moves in the background and the cars are ok but not good looking.
    i think whoever helped the company give money towards the game have been ripped off it just looks like utter ****...

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Rofl.. cup holder, then you can add a mountain dew there and have it at all times. :D

What do the others think lol?

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh sorry, you had a good race last night, that means it's all good, let's just ignore the issues.

Nothing to see, let's move along, right?

9. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    i think whoever helped the company give money towards the game have been ripped off it just looks like utter ****...[/QUOTE]

I won't complain about the game it looks good with the right hardware, my only complaint as backer is we were ripped of in case of the price because at the start we were promised full digital release and suddenly before release rules changed and we got 20% or 50% discount on Steam that sucks.:bang:

10. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Yeah reserve judgement till you have a system that manhandles the game...im pretty happy with the game...and it will only get better!!!!

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

Right, just a second here. This is how I remember it. do you have the specifics of this? From what I remember, team members (£25 funding) and up were promised the game at release. I know now it's changed to a discount code. I've even seen people complain around the net saying they were supposed to get the game at launch for free only to be shot down by WMD members saying they were promised a discount.

But, my memory tells me anything from team members up were supposed to get the game for free. I might be wrong.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Shall we set a time trial challenge guys? let's say a gt3 car, you guys pick the circuit. put down your pCARS name here and we can see who's fastest?

13. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Crap, thought I'd paid for the one that got a copy of the game but clearly not as I just got a 20% off voucher :(

Thanks for the heads up though.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    This is unacceptable imo, they knew they were releasing an unfinished product. Scumbag move!
    [​IMG]

Asking WMD community members to make sure they spread the word about the game being WIP is low, they should maybe have said it themselves, surely? Come out and launch it as is, but say it'll be improved upon with patches DLC etc. Like AC did, for instance.

But to pretend the game is all ready and release it when they know well enough it's not finished, then asking the community to run around forums and patch things up, not cool.

15. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    That is why I didn't bought it and can't recommend as finalized game tough it's still beta, I know fans would disagree with me.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You didn't buy it and could still comment on how it looks? Ace move.

17. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Best part of the game is when you pit stop. Garages are empty and just the lollipop guy. The tires don't even get changed.

18. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Name 1 game that didnt need fixes after its release. All games are a work in progress and this game is no different. I havent noticed anything unusual about how it plays. Its not about how the game is at its inception its about where the game is going...i like this game. I have no complaints. Its not a real sim and its not a real arcade game either...love how it defines itself because usually its either or!

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Thing is, it started off with the promise of being the ultimate sim.

20. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Your gonna find that the opinion of what a sim is and what sim is not varies. I never held them to their claim because i knew the line was blurry. I just took the game for what it is, and its fun to me. it will get better over time.