Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nice! I wounder what engine they're going to use.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    if they fix the shooting mechanics and give it some depth and weight, this is heaven for me.

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Definitely not Gamebryo again! :bang:

I'm personally hoping Bethesda let Obsidian make the next Fallout, I'll probably be skipping it if they make it themselves. New Vegas was vastly superior in just about every respect to Fallout 3 in my opinion.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Imagine if its using idtech 4. Id rather they not use gamebyro thats for sure, though at least its modi....

Hang on, what if they use the unmodible idtech4 just to get back at the pc community for Modgate?

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    ew idtech.

I want cryengine 3 or ue4, no less

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Nah, stick with the tried & true imho.
    Over the last 5-10, maybe 50 years since it's release Gamebreation has become like an old trusted friend, or that old lady who lives next door and likes to sunbathe naked on her front porch at random. :)

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I hope they hired some actually talented writing staff this time.

Nah, they didn't.

And of course they're going to use the engine they know well again, why change it completely when you can go back down into the source and fix the problems

9. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I liked New Vegas as well, pretty cool. But the engine seemed too daft in my opinion (the whole engine for Fallout 3 as a whole, although I know that it's the same engine for oblivion/skyrim right?).

Hopefully the new Fallout will be on a great engine and will enable great graphics, can't wait. (Hopefully dx12 rofl)

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm confused by everyone in regards to asking which engine they are going to use?

Is there really any doubt it'll be the Creation Engine? AKA, Skyrims Engine, or something built off of it, newer version of it, etc.?

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Probably because all their engines so far are hideous to look at until modded. After all the things they blatantly bragged about and showed a video of how they let the developers create things in their spare time and during the making of skyrim, only to then go and release those things a year or two later incorporated into dlc....

Every time they release a game and someone goes and adds even the smallest of mods or hell, just using sweetfx alone can make their games far far more interesting to look at, but leaves me wondering why on earth they made skyrim look so ugly when the engine was capable of so much more.

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I think they're probably just lazy or it wasn't their most important intent.. :D

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    HYPE

I was never able to get F:NV running on my rig properly.. nothing but stutters.

By then though I had already played Fallout 3 into the ground. Looking forward to this one HUGELY.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Old news, heard about this like 3 months ago.

Doubt it's gonna be DX9 seeing how poor Skyrim was writen.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Had fallout 3 and NV working flawlessly with massive mod overhauls for both.
    However F3 was known to stutter alittle, i remember testing alot back then and the Nvidia 188.25 was the best driver for F3 using my cards at the time which was dual 295's in sli. I remember this driver eliminating all stutter which was a bug within nvidia drivers for some cards which went on for months.

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    all hail idTech 5

or don't but FO4

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Do u know they hired? If I had to choose between good voice acting (aka Mass Effect/FNV) with a mediocore DX9 engine or lousy acting but using something like Unreal, I'd take the acting every time.

The whole thing about RPG's is they meant to be immersive....bad voice acting as in Fallout 3 just kills it, for me at least.

The've been using the same engine since 2003 or whenever TES first came out. Creation is basically just Gamebryo with updated Physics.

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    According to Bethesda, they built the Creation engine specifically for Skyrim, and according to Bethesda, is entirely new (when skyrim released)

So if what you say is true, i'm surprised, as i hate the Gamebryo engine, but honestly, Skyrim i loved, and had no faults to the engine it was using which i have always, always have whenever i played fallout 3/NV/Oblivion/etc.

The best i've been able to come up with on this theory is that it's "based" on Gamebryo, but is not Gamebryo, is the same sense Source was(can we even say is anymore with the current version?) based on GoldSrc which is based on Quake Engine which....all three are massively different from eachother in the end, so i'm not sure it's fair to call Creation engine the same as Gamebryo? who knows, i haven't done enough research in it

bottom line is for me anyways if they use the "creation engine" for the next fallout, that's A-OK for me

19. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Well I hope the main quest is much longer than in Fallout 3. I still have to play New Vegas though.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Same engine, just updated. It also had an overhaul after Fallout 3 to improve lighting for New Vegas. That's why The Strip looks the way it does at night.

btw any tweaks u may have from Fallout should work in Skyrim too since it's the same code....just a bit of fyi....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.