gta 5 crossfire does not work properrly!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by fullban, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Why so? Did you try the vbs drivers?

2. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes, it makes absolutely zero difference whatsoever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPyb8l-7I4

Look at the part when the plane enters the city.

This is what it looks like in crossfire mode.

Single GPU mode is completely free of stutter, smooth as butter. The driver makes no difference between 15.4 and the 15.200 driver.

It seems like a memory bottleneck when trying to load the new textures and geometry, causing stuttering, or something like that. Probably issues with VRAM.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Wow.... strange, your fps is jumping so much, I think that's where the stutter comes from. There's a lot of erratic behavior.

Your cpu oc is stable right? .. I'll make a vid for you so you can see the fps on mine, how much more stable is, (or should be).

Also.... have you made sure your ssd is clean... you know, stuff like that? Not much stuff on your HDD etc... maybe it's loading stuff wrong.. I don't know, anyways will do a vid for u.

Yeah exactly.. what u said, memory bottleneck or something. It could be anything though.

4. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Yeah I have 6 SSDs, and GTA is on a Crucial M4 basically on its own in SATA 3 mode. Should be no problems there. And this should make no difference since it works fine in single GPU mode.
    CPU OC is stable in every case I've tested yet.

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ah yes, ... it works fine in single gpu mode.. we can leave that out then. It must be then about something you said, memory overclocks blabla, something with a bottleneck and the fps jumping too much thus causing the stutters there. :D

Have you maxed out all in game settings? Where the plane leaves the scene part there's a point where you get 25fps lol I was like wtf? I didn't get 25fps there you know. I never got 25 fps it always stayed above 50fps pretty much.

hey dude gonna post a vid in a sec, you'll see the difference :) I'll post my settings too if u want

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Now that's a REALLY funny theory!

My monitor is bottlenecking my PC in games. :D

My GPUs are not bottlenecked and my CPU is not bottlenecked, as you say i have even lower usage than your more OCed same CPU.

If we follow your "theory" maybe if you donwclock your CPU it will have less usage and can have even better performance. :3eyes:

Yes 1 290X should be enough in a in-game "castrated" graphic settings selection at 1080p and run fine with maxed or near maxed setings with a CFX of TWO 290X....

....but it's not working as it should.

That quote destroy your theory about my bottlerneck due to a limited CPU: your OCed CPU needs to be used more to match your weaker GPUs.

In my PC this is not the case: the CPU and specially the GPUs are HIGHLY UNDERUSED.

What is a CLEAR indication that there is no CPU or GPU bottleneck.

In what world downsampling a game who has low GPU usage and not very high CPU usage will improve the FPS with same in-game settings?

Do you think downsampling is a FPS-FREE process? :3eyes:

I can't say it better than before:

Using ridiculously low in-game settings matched with 1440p or 4K resolution to be able to reach around 40 fps (in the better cases) with a CFX of 7950 GPUs is not a "optimized" game in my book.

You must have the most powerfull pair of 7950 GPUs in the world.

You should REALLY try to play at 4K 60 FPS i bet you are able to get better results than AMDMatt with his quad of 290X with 8 GB VRAM each!

Maybe you can even break a WR!

:D

Seriously:

I only see 2 users posting that there are no problem playing this game with crossfire and all problems are due to noob users, badly and underpowered PCs.

One user is a troll and leave us after a few flaming posts.

The other user is you.

When everybody has this problem with crossfire and you are the only one who don't have this problem with crossfire there are 2 posibilities:

- Everybody is wrong and you are a genius owner of a "unique" pair of GPUs in a "magic" PC.

- Everybody is right and the problem is real and you are somewhat lost in ridiculously low settings to be able to play fine at 1440p when nobody can reproduce your success with CFX.

I'm not a genius and i bet for option 2....

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    sammar I don't have time to read your post but I will read it later,

here's the video anyway, gta v test (for jaju123)

Sorry I might've hand a jittery hand (did the test several times and had to hold my hands for 3 mins in the same position lol)

It's processing right now but should be ready in a min, once it's ready it should be available in 1080p (give it some time)

Click on the spoiler here to see the settings: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5064688&postcount=266

8. darkstar_nz

darkstar_nz New Member

GPU:
    2 x R290
    Me and my friend that have similar rigs both experience the same issues.Common denominator = AMD R290's while running the benchmark as well as in game it always stutters at the jet / getting in the hummer scene.

9. Tronman

Tronman Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    Interesting, I get the exact same stutter at the same place in the benchmark with a 295x2 and this is on a 4930k @ 4.2ghz... so the common thread is the hawaii.. the vesuvius is just two hawaii's strapped together yeah? Deathchild I can guarantee there is no bottlenecking.

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah I'm quite sure there's no bottlenecking for your cpu tron.. although, yeah.. that stutter, where is it coming from, very strange.

If you guys saw my video you didn't see stutter right? I mean, clean as a baby. Especially in the part where it transitions from the jet to hummer, jaju123 had an fps drop as low as 25 there, lol wtf.

sammarbella, look at my settings, they're all maxed out pretty much.. :D

I'm telling you, if you get a 1440p monitor and higher hz, + increase some of that cpu OC you'll get better performance, and should have higher utilization on your gpus. That's all, end of story. :D

What ingame settings are you playing with? Tbh, it shouldn't really matter because you're playing with 2x 290Xs at 1080p... :D You don't need more than 60fps hahahha.. rofl. :D

2x 290X is overkill for 1080p 60hz.

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The lag around 1:42. I get that a lot when transferring to the mammoth (hummer) with both drivers.

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Right.. that one, it just may as well be some HDD loading or whatever, I don't know.. it was only for once so didn't seem to be so serious. Or doesn't seem to be so serious for me.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yeah. That one lag in the entire benchmark is impressive :)

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Gonna play some now.. been talking all over the forums and benchmarking and blabla all the time, haha. No play time. :D

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Right. I completely forgot what I'm doing on the game. Trevor has been standing in the same place for about 2 days! :)

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    rofl haha :D

17. GabenHood

GabenHood Guest

GPU:
    HD-7950 3GB Crossfire
    Same stuttering issues with crossfired 3GB 7950s.
    Easily fixed by running in single card config.

I used Afterburner to watch my VRAM usage and despite lowering all the settings it still goes up to and above 4GB when using crossfire, causing the stutters.

It seems the the game honestly believes it's able to use the "6GB" of VRAM it mistakenly detects from my two 3GB cards and just sh*ts the bed when it goes too far over 3GB.

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Use the vbs drivers posted in this thread. It fixes crossfire stuttering but not usage/scaling.

Here it is: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5053813&postcount=17

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't have any stutters bro...

I have higher usage with these drivers god :D and MUCH smoother gameplay.

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    By the way, suggesting raising the resolution/Hz is not really a solution, it simply moves the bottleneck from the CPU part of the driver to the GPU part. It is essentially (with different internal bottlenecks due to ROP capacity etc) like increasing antialiasing. You simply increase the graphics workload, but the percentage of efficiency remains the same.