Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Although I fully believe you, unless we are well withing the Vulkan/DX12 era, and developers have proper engine scaling, I'm not touching that again.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    same, here.

I tried both AMD and NVIDIA multi-GPU

never again, nothing but headaches.

3. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    (delete)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  4. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Hi.
    Is there a way to disable auto-update of the graphic drivers in windows 10 technical preview?
    Everytime I check for update in win10 it install this wddm2.0 DirectX 12 drivers, but they don't work very well, and if I override it with the 15.4 it still install it anyway.
    If someone know how to fix this, I would be greatfull.
    Chears.

5. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    From a post in that site:

6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    In Windows 8.1, I right click the update and click HIDE Update. It won't show anymore (ever - unless you restore hidden updates), use DDU to uninstall all AMD drivers, then install the one you want to use. Not sure if Hide Update is available in Windows 10, I hope it is anyway.

7. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Yea, I know that you can hide/choice what update to install but, in Windows 10 Preview you can't do this anymore. I hope that the final windows 10 will have this option + they will restore the old windows update from control panel like it is on win8 (you can use old windows update or metro if you like)

8. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    It is my understanding that by the time the OS hits RTM, we'll have the option to choose what drivers get installed automatically through Windows Update back. Maybe, we could even see it a bit earlier.

In the meantime, you may want to have a look at this thread on the Windows Insider forums in order to choose a driver you don't want to be offered/installed on Windows Update:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/how-to-block-automatic-reinstall-of-a-driver-from/bff07224-4ce2-4b42-ab29-68c3a305d730

After using the script you will find in that thread, I was able to prevent the latest drivers from AMD for my R9 290X to be downloaded/installed on Windows Update.

I hope you find it as useful as I did.
    Good luck! :)

9. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Should I use beta drivers insted of omega for Assasins Creed Unity and Witcher 3 ?

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    In Unity they seem to work better than 15.4. About the Witcher I have no idea.