DiRT Rally

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Headd

Headd Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970
    Gigabyte GTX970 stock
    1920x1080 Ultra 8xMSAA
    [​IMG]
    GTX970 1500/8000 8xMSAA
    [​IMG]
    1920x1080 Ultra 4xMSAA
    GTX970 1500/8000
    [​IMG]
    Max OC test 1550/8200
    1920x1080 4xMSAA
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  2. Muchope

Muchope Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU
    R9 290 @1050

1080P Ultra 4XMSAA
    i.imgur.com/JznqtcJ.png

1080p Ultra 8XMSAA
    i.imgur.com/XBQ9bWs.png

Low post count...no images!

Not playing much at all but the current price is a steal for racing fans so I consider the early access as my preorder. :)

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Looks alright. Good performance on AMD, 290 is couple of fps faster than stock 970.

4. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    4K with AA off

Titan X @ 1400/7600

avg: 83 fps
    min: 72 fps
    max: 93 fps

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  6. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Why is mine capped at 59/60fps?
    How do I unlock it?

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Disable vSync ?

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    this game loves to torture me with the fracking steering.

I played dirt 2 and 3 and did great but this..

my car loves the sides of roads.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    any way to fix the steering, 60s cars are undrivable, all over the place, and cornering is worse, it's like the car doesnt want to turn, if any fix let me know thx, im using direct input controller.

10. neeeksta

neeeksta Guest

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    I am using a keyboard, and it helped a lot when going into vehicle set up and looking at oversteer and whacking the sliders away, so it's less turn to much, get speed wobbles etc.

Oops, I see you said 'wont turn' .. try the other extreme in understeer.

Loving the game, absolutely challenging, one needs patience, good ears and eyes, specially in head cam. :)

Doesn't look mega stunning, but as usual the gameplay is what makes it.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Running 4K DSR with every in game setting maxed at 2 x MSAA.

SLI TITANS, stock GPU clocks. i7 980x hexcore @ 4.2ghz

av_fps="56.598286" max_fps="64.627472" min_fps="46.324352

GPU memory running the bench pretty much flatlined at 3.244 GB in the middle of the bench run.

12. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    I ended up giving this a go over the weekend and I'm just loving it. I've been a rally fan for a long while and drive my own GC8 Impreza in Rally cross. So when I say this is good it's speaking from experience. I played till my arms felt like they were going to fall off. I haven't had this much fun with a rally game since the very first CMR that got me into the sport. I'm really happy Codemasters is departing from the arcade/ish Dirts and getting back to their roots. I can't wait till they add Hill climbs. I've driven and raced pikes peak at least a dozen times in real life. On a side note they make really good donuts up there, something with the altitude. Anyway with likely a year till release I hope they don't dumb this down or screw it up, it's just amazing.

O and for those having trouble getting started in career with the 60's cars, yeah they are heavy and slower when you start out and a bit hard to slide even with heavy e-break and e-brake is required. You need to just compete in the first rounds and earn the UPGRADES. Engine, weight reduction and parts for advance tuning and setup. Then you'll be able to slide around with more control and less e-brake for a good finish. Looks like each car has a set of upgrades. I haven't tuned anything yet and I'm pulling first place.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Question for you guys who bought this DiRT Rally early access game. Is it still in alpha state , beta state or almost finish game ? How fast is the development on this game towards the final product and how fast and devoted the Devs are ? Is it true it wil take one more year to be released ? Sory for all the questions , is just that i got so frustrated and burned by the lies of Bugbear Wreckfest early access after i paid for it the Devs are doing nothing to that game for the last 2 years and it is still in really bad shape Pre-Alpha state broken early access game :/ , i do not want to be ripped off again with an early access game. Thank you in advance.

Regards: chispy

14. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Performance and technical-wise is in (late) beta i would say, but there is not much content yet. Few maps, and several cars. I think games is releasing late this year, or the first quartal of next year.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I don't think you'll feel ripped off, I can waste hours just doing the hill climb as it is fairly technical.

The FFB is not working properly but there are user fixes that work well (The one by oubaas is the best one I've used).

There is a Hill climb (Pikes peak) and 3 full rallies (Greece, Wales and Monaco) which have 12 stages per (mixed lengths).

Quite a few cars from the 60s up until present day (the handling varies wildly which makes each car a fairly unique experience).

It is definitely in a beta state (I have seen release games in a far worse state than this tbh).

They seem to be on time with their updates and the game plays exceptionally well imho.

Hope that helps :)

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you very much for the feedback guys :thumbup: !

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I really hope this shows up in the upcoming sales. What I've heard so far sounds quite good!

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I've been a rally game fan since I first started gaming so of course I always had my mind set on this but hearing how sim like and difficult it could be put me off big time. I was always pretty adept at older Dirt games but even I was shocked at just how different cars handled when I first played this yesterday, it was a nightmare.

24 hours on though and I'm so glad I bought it for £15 as not only have I come on leaps and bounds in how I can handle cars but one of the staples of a good rally game is that you always always need to feel challenged and on the edge. Even in my starter car mini I feel thrilled to be even being able to control the car enough to make it around a full course as in the early stages I could often only make it about 20ft before I'd crash out.

Mainly and more importantly though I'm just so very glad to have a true rally based experienced installed on my PC once more. The likes of RBR, CMR 2.0 and Xpand Rally feel like a life time ago now and I bow to the codies for making a game that takes me back to why I fell in love with rally racing games in the first place once more. Not that it won't be a mountain to climb in the process but I'll make it to the top, slowly.

Performance wise I'm hitting 60fps on a medium settings with just three cores and the game looks very good still considering. Some of the replay camera shots you get could pass for real life as the camera tracks the car shaking as it does and smoke and dust kicks up.

All I need do now is find out if the game includes my beloved Ford Focus 2001 WRC. Then I know I will be in rally heaven. :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Have you found out how to fix the steering? I am playing with xbox 360 controller cars just dont want to turn on corners, any fix?

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    any pinned down release date for this game? still in early access for oblivion amount of time