Liquid Cooled AMD Radeon R9 390X Pictured

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 7, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Okay one more AMD item for today!, these seem to be 3D CG renders but still intresting, the two renders show what might be the liquid cooled AMD Fiji based graphics card....

Liquid Cooled AMD Radeon R9 390X Pictured

2. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Just release the card....c`mon!

3. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Yes! This. My vacation salery is screaming for this card!

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    inb4 titan x killer... if rumors are true it will equal Titan X in performance or slightly above, then it's 780ti all over again.

I hope this card is good, we need competition , nvidia is also tired from competing with itself.

5. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Estimated price for 390X cards yet ?

6. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    wow no fans and nice and small if its low power usage and runs nice and cool this is a realstep in right direction from amd

7. sgtheadhole

sgtheadhole Active Member

GPU:
    XFX ATi Radeon 5770
    Specs show 128ROP's(!!!!!!), 1Ghz, 1/3 more shaders, double bandwidth memory and much better overall, looking at %30-40 faster than the Titan X

8. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    30-40% faster than a Titan X>lel..keep dreaming!

9. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Hey look big numbers, must be good!
    Not sure if troll or..

OT: Looks awesome, but being a 3D render it's likely fake.
    I mean really, I don't think they'd drop DVI.

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    if by any chance this becomes faster or on par with the 295x2, then yes it is faster then the titan x

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Ok.. and if it becomes faster or on par with a 10050x2 released in 2027, then it is faster than the Titan X as well.

Except we an estimated Tflop count, aka general performance, and it's 8.5Tflops vs 11.5 on the 295x2. So it's not by chance magically becoming faster than 295x2 and it's definitely not going to be 30-40% faster then a Titan X.

Can we stop making up numbers and use our brains now?

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    While the picture looks promising. I think it is fake because I do not believe they would get rid of DVI since some users still use DVI.

Plus I don't see this card being faster than the titan X but on par with it as far as performance goes.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Will be interesting to see how powerful the 390 / 390X actually is but I guess we won't know until the first reviews start appearing.
    (Not much to say about the 360, 370 and 380 GPU's I suppose now that it seems confirmed most if not all of those are rebrands, unfortunately though perhaps not entirely unsuspected.)

At a guess I'd probably wager on it being a bit around the performance level of the 980 but faster would of course be better such as it being able to compete against the 980 Ti or Titan X.

Drivers will probably also play a important role as usual along with specific game optimizations, hopefully once Windows 10 is out the situation with the Catalyst drivers will improve further.
    (Faster support for newly released games is always nice along with the usual bug fixes and such, faster Crossfire profile support would likely also be very welcome for those using multi-GPU setups.)

14. Nono06

Nono06 Guest

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    hum... package could not contain a DP to DVI adapter?

15. oconnellseanm

oconnellseanm New Member

GPU:
    AMD FirePro W9100
    No the picture is real. I've seen a prototype card in person, it only has display ports.

16. oconnellseanm

oconnellseanm New Member

GPU:
    AMD FirePro W9100
    For compute based applications it is going to beat the Titan X. For games that rely heavily on fragment shader effects, it will still beat out the Titan X.

17. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Cmon guys, do you think Nvidia really cares whether Titan X is gonna be beaten? Once again AMD is late to party, Nvidia is getting paid nicely for TitanX and they will have to sell their 390x with pathetic margins to bring competition to nvidia.After that they will just release 980Ti and continue in making money as always. Now question is, if 390x is 30%+more powerfull than titan then maybe we have a game changer, other than that I see no difference. VR and proper DX12 games are still far away and nvidia will bring their next chips in time for that..

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Once we have real chip SP/ROP/TMU/... count we can speculate. If we have real carrizo GPU benchmark comparison to kaveri GPU, we can improve speculation with uArch improvements with GCN 1.3.

Till then we are looking at nice pictures and can dream. I hope it really have those presumed specifications as they are indeed good enough to outperform Titan X a bit.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    They really want to push DP and HDMI though, I could see this for a high end card.

20. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I see 3 DP and 1 HDMI.