Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.4 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Apr 13, 2015.

1. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    the witcher 3

2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I want to see a driver for Project Cars first. The fact that a GTX 960 runs better than an R9 290x is just sad. I'm starting to regret getting the r9 290 despite the fact i got a good deal on it for just 250 euros with 3 games. I could have gotten the gtx 970 for 290 euros back then + a game and with alot of games are now nvidia titles sadly, its a no brainer.

3. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Guys, keep in mind that if The Witcher 3, or Batman: Arkham Knight for that matter, do not run exceptionally well from day 1 with Radeon cards, AMD is not the one to blame here. Remember what GameWorks is all about and the strategy NVIDIA uses with their promoted games.

I despise what NVIDIA is doing and, even though AMD may not be providing the same level of driver support as NVIDIA does, I will keep on supporting the guys from the Red Team. To me it's an ethical matter.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    witcher 3

5. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    As much as i appreciate new innovations and open source libraries, you have to keep in mind that fact that more games are lacking in performance on AMD hardware compared to the competition on the same price range. At times the performance deficit is up to 30%; which translates to around 20 fps difference. That is on a high end hardware, i am sure that till now AMD dominates the middle class and low end class with the R9 280/x and R9 285 down to R9 260x. But Anyone with an R9 290/x is entitled to see an equal or at least a 5% less performance compared to the gtx 970; and that is a crippled card. Sure it's a newer but that thing is technically broken. I myself am a fan of ATI/AMD and never to date owned a geforce gpu since i started pc gaming, but AMD has been slacking for a while now and i am not even gonna start on the cpu front.

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    This is entirely driver related. NVIDIA drivers are relatively better than AMD's (not just more frequent).

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If those Project Cars numbers are real most (mid level and up) AMD cards get around half the fps that they should be getting. That smells like a bottleneck to me.

8. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    What do you mean with ethical?
    Does AMD help the poor, old, ugly and hungry?
    Do they save the rain forrest?

I don´t get it why some people always confuse "performing inferiour" with "ethically superior".
    A Crap Mac isn´t nessecarily more ethical than a Big Mac, just because it tastes like crap.

In my eyes it´s for example unethical how sh**** Pcars runs on AMD hardware.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  9. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Search the Internet, get to know why GameWorks is such a bad thing for PC gaming community and then we can talk.

10. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, and developers use gameworks, because they are all evil gnomes.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact, that Nvidia invests more money in game- and driver development. They just all want to destroy poor little AMD.

Damn bastards!

Last edited: May 6, 2015

11. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    You're blowing my words out of proportion. This is not the right thread to talk about that. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

12. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    Intriguing, why the games with the support of AMD works great on NV and AMD, and the games with the support of NV (despite the much greater resources sic!), are usually poorly running on hardware from AMD. But, of course, NV never sacrifice a penny to discredit the competition. Never. NV is just too honorable. What's more, even the thought that NV could become a monopolist on the market of the GPU, for the management of NV is simply disgusting :)
    Seriously. Both companies have always tried some dirty trick to introduce competition in a worse light and there is nothing unusual. The problem is that the NV is now so powerful that it can destroy the competition, and only an idiot would want a monopoly on that market. The public interest is to help the weak to defend themselves, to keep the balance. At the dictatorship (and the monopoly) always gets dictator, never society.

13. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Aside from Nvidia specific features running poorly on AMD hardware, (Which also isn't even that common either) I can't think of many games that really have these sort of issues that aren't also Ubisoft games, or just poor ports in general.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'm curious to hear all that AMD has done to either negatively affect NVIDIA-user's experiences, or to degrade their own experience.

15. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Tomb Raider on launch GTX 680 was par with AMD 7870,Hitman 2012 launch 7950 was 12% than GTX 680 at that time and sleeping Dogs dont let me go their and this all started their.

Remember Fixer 2012 and Fixer 2013 ads.

16. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    AMD just don´t spent enough money for driver support to fuel their HW. They are usually 6 months late with proper driver support. To me, they are not competitive. People pay real money for theoretical performance. They are no victims, they are just incapable to compete.

Another example concerning Project cars:

"I asked the big boss Ian Bell the permission to post what he said about AMD's putting the blame on SMS for the perf's problem

We've provided AMD with 20 keys for game testing as they work on the driver side.
    But you only have to look at the lesser hardware in the consoles to see how optimised we are on AMD based chips.
    What can I say but he should take better stock of what's happening in his company. We're reaching out to AMD with all of our efforts. We've provided them 20 keys as I say. They were invited to work with us for years.
    Looking through company mails the last I can see they (AMD) talked to us was October of last year.
    Categorically, Nvidia have not paid us a penny. They have though been very forthcoming with support and co-marketing work at their instigation.
    We've had emails back and forth with them yesterday also. I reiterate that this is mainly a driver issue but we'll obvioously do anything we can from our side."

Sourced from steam.

Hopefully they will be bought by some company, that has the nessecary ressources. This is getting ridiculous.

17. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    They need accept it like a good company and improve it but sadly AMD Roy Trolls and blaming on developers and Nvidia will reduce more of their DGPU shares.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    this needs to be qualified:

*for xfire.

Very few people with single cards have issues.

19. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So does that mean we must keep buying AMD cards and suffer with stutter and low performance. I don't care what people say but just waiting for 980ti or whatever and then going back to Nvidia. No reason for me to suffer like I did in the past 2 years

20. dmr2

dmr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280x
    very bad performance in Project Cars http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Project-CARS-PC-238576/Specials/Benchmark-Test-1158026/