Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Kinda interesting to see where people live, I like seeing the street you guys live in. Do we have a thread for that? Remember we had a thread for something similar a while ago.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Not my house, grandparents as my house is in between commercial property, old 1872 house that we've been renovating. So not easy to wash there.

But that would be a good thread, show your home, area etc

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Here's a special one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing is fast, i measured 3.1 0-60 using launch control earlier, should have recorded it.. Not bad for a 4500lb tank.. ill upload a quick 0-60 without it later though.
    Pulled a few car links ahead of a new Z06 the other day on the highway, was an older guy in his 50s, manual transmission. got up to 120 before i let go.
    I understand the autos are a bit faster.

The M157 engine is very tuneable, with a renntech tune power is a bit over 700hp and 840 lbs of tq.. That would be crazy fast, they say 0-60 is est. at around 2.7 with quarter mile of 10.8. Stock pulls around 11.3

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    2.7 seconds 0.60 is that the fastest Mercedes 0.60 mph

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Nah, if we are talking stock, i believe the SLS AMG Black series is the fastest current.. SLR mclaren were also pretty fast.

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    If you beat a brand new Z06, then the guy sucked at shifting, simple as that. He's got more power and less weight to lug. No way he could lose a rolling pull. They have the exact same 0-60 time if the Vette is using a manual, but the Vette has a faster quarter mile, 11.2 vs 11.6 (look it up).

Also, I'm doubtful it takes a simple tune to put it into Veyron territory when it will only have 2/3 the power. Maybe if you strip it down.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Quarter mile times you find on the net are anywhere from 11.3-11.6, of course people will get different times depending on driver capabilities, altitude, temperature etc. Its right there with a manual in a perfect scenario.

Auto vs manual. 2.95 - 3.2 1/4m 10.95 - 11.2 so yes auto is faster.

As for a veyron, its 0-60 2.4 and even with that its not geared for 0-60 sprints, its built for top speed, a standing half mile is what it excels at. A quarter mile is what, low 9s? No where near veyron territory. Anyways, weird comparison.

A luxury car that weighs 1000lbs more with 70hp less(stock) keeping up with a Z06 manual is nothing short of impressive. Take that as you will

9. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    congrats on the ride...quick car for a 4 door. Still not keeping up with my rocket. :D

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Nice Merc :D Something I will never get to buy especially with Finlands good prices 250 000€. D:

Awesome looking amd rocket yes :)

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    With a tune it might :)
    Good car for straight line, track not so much

The new amg gt s should be an excellent race track contender

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Do you guys think the nurberg ring is a good test for performance cars and is there an equivalent in the America's.

13. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Doubtful I'm at around 800hp at the motor and weigh only 3300lbs to your 4500lbs. Fun car nonetheless but it's not keeping up. :)

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I honestly can't think of a Merc that is anywhere near the top when it comes to 0-62. Even the SLS and SLR have been pretty meh, they're just too heavy. A LOT of supercars will simply out do them in that respect, not to mention at going round corners. Mercs are good luxury cruisers, they have nothing on the top dogs when it comes to performance though.

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    :banana:
    Oh I know, it'd be close in a straight line but prob not. What's your 1/4m?

Renntech/kleemann have kits like upgraded turbo bolt ons etc that give it 850+ wheel hp. Engines are more tune able than even the LS4s. I wouldn't do that as I wouldn't want to have the drivability to suffer. Nice to be cruising at 180 with no rattling noises

@eclap

Yeah these are luxury cars, the sls amg is actually up there regarding track capabilities, but thing is merc won't remove aircon radios etc like a lot of super car manufacturers. But I doubt many people buy them for track specifically.
    The amg gt s on top gear track was 2nd to only the pagani huarya iirc which is impressive

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Only ran it once and it was on a whim I went to the track. Full weight, balding street tires. :bang:

Never ran it with a proper tire and I don't want to break something with a hard launch (e.g. clutch, rear end, etc.). The car is good for a deep 10 second run based on other Corvette owners with similar modifications / power levels. Just look at my 1/8th to 1/4mi acceleration gain and here's a speedo clip to give you an idea how hard it pulls....

I launched from idle LOL :grin:

60' 2.27 :puke2:
    1/8th: 8.09 seconds @ 104.52 mph
    1/4mi: 11.79 seconds @ 134.73 mph (gained over 30mph in 3.7 seconds in triple digit range with a gear shift at 115mph)

Best MPH was a 135.23 off another 11 second run.

Here's 3rd gear hit with passenger in car for added weight :devil:

Here you can see how gentle I launched it with a short shift and then I just dropped the hammer to the times above. HAHA

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The SLS is a great car, but it's just too heavy and too soft to compare with Ferraris, GTRs and such on a race track. Even the GT3 SLS is pretty heavy, compared to competition. As a daily cruiser, you would struggle to beat the Mercs, Audis and BMW for comfort. I always said that if I won the lottery, the first purchase would be an Audi RS6. What a car.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I wasn't putting down the car at all. What Mercedes made there is pretty phenomenal. They're really good at making a proper V8 with insane bottom end torque. The magic touch with the CLS particularly is that AWD system. I just had to correct you because I'm a Corvette fanboy :nerd:

Still though, if I had the money I'd take an SLS AMG over a Z06. Even for track purposes.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Well the data i provided was straight from GM themselves.
    Auto is faster, as its always been for most cars. 11.2 is a best case scenario. An average guy can easily add half a second to that

Plus its not as simple as that on a rolling start. Cars gearing has a large affect on different speeds.

For example, car A can do 40-80 1.5s faster than B, but B will do 120-140 1s faster than A.

All depends on the circumstances, you can't just say "sucked at shifting". Ill say the merc is faster at any given speed to ~100, but the vette will start to pull 100+., weight starts becoming a large factor past those speeds.

Anyways that's why lots of car testers will do various speeds, 20-60, 40-80,60-100 etc, all depends on each gears specific ratio.

Impressive, but id like to see some low 10s from yourself ;).

Even with similar power, quarter miles can still have substantially different times. High 11s are good but you see that even the new corvette is doing 10.95 with 300hp less

If you're afraid to give it 100%, maybe you should upgrade the rear end(smart idea ive personally seen someone blow up theirs) and clutch plate, then give us some times, that would be very nice to see. What good is having power if you cant use it? :)

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  20. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Correct, rolling starts are always a toss up, especially when one car has an automatic. The ECM can kick down two gears basically instantly when you get on it in the Merc (plus it has a wet clutch pack instead of a TQ so it can DUMP no problem). Whereas in the Vette, the driver either has to rev match and drop into a lower gear, or just pull the manly way in whatever cruising gear he was in (and I have yet to look at the drive ratios for that new 7 speed manual) So saying he "sucked" probably isn't fair on my part. It's pretty much impossible to compete with an automatic these days.

Last edited: May 5, 2015