Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Right.. ok, so a pretty good place to be all around.

As the map is so big I'm having a hard time thinking where to go.

I probably would want to go exploring... but I'm not sure whether I should get that asp first or vulture. I'm told the asp is better all around but vulture is mainly for combat. I think I want to get the vulture though.. I hope it'll do for travels too though etc? It should..

2. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    The Vulture isn't for roaming around, you'll only get 11 light years at max but it is excellent for combat. You could get a Vulture maxed out for around 10 million and go to resource extraction sites and earn upwards of 2 million an hour in one.

The Asp on the other hand is a good all rounder, you'll get 30 and over ly jumps and with a large fuel tank you can get about easily. A fully kitted out Asp will cost you over 15 million though, probably worth it IMO.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Well, in open play i'd guess Lave/Leesti/Diso area will be pretty crowded due to the rare's that can be bought there...and where there's hapless traders, there'll be greedy grievers shooting them down ;) Especially, since along 1 route you'll enter space where some of the cargo u'll haul are frowned upon :p

But above systems and then > 39 Tauri/porta is a nice 170Ly route for the rares, making roughly 550.000 creds oneway with 34 tonnes cargo.

For now, i am trading my way up a bit in solo play, so i can get a good, tricked out Explorer ship, currently in a Cobra Mk III (which is very nice!)

Should probably also start to dig deeper into factions/reputations, been doing a little when i need something else than the trading, but not nearly enough...

5. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    How do you get the blue HUD ?

6. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  7. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK

Thanks dude, that's much appreciated. :)

Really like your blue theme that's going on, I may steal it! ;)

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Everytime an update comes it will change back to orange. I normally use a blue with a light tint of white in it. If you have too much blue i find the info at stations can be difficult to read.

9. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    yeah, for now the hud changes affect everything in game, as well as changing back to default with updates..supposedly that's gonna change in the future, so we can change 'only' hud colors :)

well, off to space, so i can get that Baron rank soon :)

oh, and: Trading Tool for finding rares/trades/mission commodities...very nifty :)

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Baron rank, if thats for the clipper i wouldn't bother. I had that ship a while back and went back to the Type 7. Its a good ship for mass locking, apart from that it sucks in my opinion. Low jump range even when kitted out and also crappy fuel tank, i hated it but some people seem to like it.

Im now using a Type 9 and waiting for Powerplay before i play, i aint played any games in the last 2 weeks on PC or PS4.

11. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Nah, not to buy the Clipper, not yet anyways since credits ain't high enough, but nice to have the rank before i head out into space. Was plan, get baron and then explore time, 30+ days out should earn me some creds when i get back :) (and then i can start to learn how to fight lol)

12. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    I've had this since Premium Beta but I've only just started playing now, using Oculus Rift DK2. It's the perfect VR game. Only problem is I have no idea what I'm doing :)

I just bought a Hauler and I'm doing a bit of mining.

13. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    If mining suits you, I think that's fine. Get a feel for the game.

In my opinion, it's easier/faster to do bounties to get cash when you're new. The sidewinder is a surprisingly competent little ship. It can take down much bigger ships with good piloting, persistence, and some component upgrades. You can definitely take down bounties in the 5-20k range no problem. Just remember that you turn fastest with your speed in the middle of the range (by the blue bar).

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Man this game is incredibly addictive. I'm switching between the Vulture and the Viper. Although the Vulture is much more powerful, the Viper with beam lasers and multicannons is like A-Wing + Star Trek + A10 Warthog rolled up into one.

18. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Great update!
    I even get better GFX performance.
    Also, they improved the board, much better missions.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  20. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Was about to dock my almost brand new Python at one of those Coriolis stations after a trading haul when my two year old came running and yanked at my arm causing me to drop the joystick-- "weapons deployed". Then, while frantically trying to pick up the joystick since my ship was about to crash inside the station, I instinctively pressed "escape". No dice, game keeps running, more precious moments lost. I regain control of the joystick but bump the trigger and hit the station with my lasers. Station defenses blow me to smithereens. I thought it was going to be a complete loss since I didn't have enough to cover the insurance costs (one little trading run can't be so dangerous, can it?) but then I was given an option to take out a loan for the remaining balance. Crisis avoided/mitigated.

Lesson learned...don't have kids. :)