Geforce GTX Titan X thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 19, 2015.

1. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Plus our dollar is crap right now so prices are crazy so take American prices and add 30%.Hope you found a decent deal.

2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Not really. $1350.00 each at NCIX. Plus tax and shipping of course. What the hell,it is what it is. I didn't want to wait for the 980Ti release,so I paid the penalty. I'm happy.

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    That's the only place I deal with because I have one 5 mins from my house so no shipping so it makes most things cheaper than Newegg.

4. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    Testing out a single Titan X vs 980 sli. Mainly for Gsync smoothness and vram. Very nice card. It's definitely smoother, but the 980 sli seems a bit more powerful at times. But it's not nearly as responsive.

I'm thinking 12GB vram is overkill today. Hopefully not for long.

5. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I got a hell of a nice surprise this morning. I checked the status of my order at NCIX,and the Titans had already been shipped. They are now "on truck for delivery" today via Purolator. I thought for sure it would be at LEAST a couple of weeks,but they're in town and will be mine some time this afternoon.

6. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    I'm able to oc boost to 1450 without issue. Temps stay in the 60's. Seems like gm200 is a beast with headroom left over.

I'm sick of upgrading, so I may keep it. The 12gb is overkill today.

7. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    I've beem using 350.12. They seem okay. Can't wait to see what improvements there are in a few months' time though.

8. haar

haar Guest

GPU:
    zotac 680 AMP!(1241,7000)
    GTAV is a beast!... On all max ... On a gtx980 (1381/1925) with everything max, except grass at very high no fxaa, and 4x txaa.. (3580 vram about) The game looks excellent not awesome, for awesome you need DSR (4xDSR, 0 smoothness) (no txaa, just fxaa)
    Problem is 24-34 FPS!... whereas 1080 4xtxaa is 50% higher.

So you need a Titan X for the frame rate... And For the 50% increase in frame on 4k.
    DSR Looks so amazing it makes me wish for a Titan X.

back on topic...

The OP video for the 970/980SLI vs titan X OC is amazing!...
    But i am wondering is that OC achievable by mere mortals?...

What do you need to get that OC featured in the video?...
    what is the OC in that video?

because if i you could get that OC with some work (watercooling, modded bios) then the TITAN x is a must buy.

the titan x is as close to a future proof graphics card as you are going to get. (12 GB ram!, that is not going to be matched soon).
    Also the speed of the card will might be matched at half the cost (in two, three years) BUT you are NOT going to get the amount VRAM...)

9. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3090ti
    Just got this card to replace my 2 x 690gtx blows them out the water and its a smaller card

10. Kaapstad

Kaapstad Guest

GPU:
    4 x Titan X
    Strange my pair of GTX 690s totally thrash my Titan X.

The extra VRAM on the Titan X is nice though.:)

11. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3090ti
    Well i dont know what youve been trying to play on your 690 but i could only get at the most high settings on BF4 before i ran in issuies , now everything on ultra run about 95 fps to 110 fps on my Rog Swift .
    What rez are you gaming at maybe thats why the 690 seems better.

12. Kaapstad

Kaapstad Guest

GPU:
    4 x Titan X
    Up to 1600p on BF4 maxed my GTX 690s are fine. Anything higher and they are useless.

Something I have noticed with my 690s is the PC they are in does not have any SSDs or HDDs but instead uses a very fast PCI-E RevoDrive with speeds up to 1725gb/s. I think this helps a lot when VRAM on the cards is getting low and data needs to be swapped out. I bet you have never heard this before in the VRAM debates.:D:)

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    My 690 ran out of VRAM on bf4 at 1440p and 4xmsaa. Had to drop to 1080p or drop aa down to x2 at 1440p. I will still take 1 titan over 2x690s, performance is great but the vram sucks in 2015.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  14. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Exact same experience i had with 680 2gb sli... at 1440p it could do ultra settings, but only 2 msaa.

15. jmsquared141

jmsquared141 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    Quick question

Taking into consideration my system, would I benefit from upgrading from my GTX690 to a Titan X? If I purchase a Titan X I wouldn't be able to upgrade anything else.

16. Kaapstad

Kaapstad Guest

GPU:
    4 x Titan X
    If you are thinking about using a single card wait for the 980ti or whatever NV are going to call it. This would be about 40% faster than your GTX 690.

17. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Think my cards are coming via carrier pigeon, the 780ti's went yesterday so I'm now rocking a pair of 480's until these arrive. :D

18. blueballls

blueballls Guest

GPU:
    Titan X
    **** the 980ti/390x and bring the dual TitanX

19. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Mind me asking what you got for them? :)

20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I got £560 for the pair, would of asked a bit more to be honest but I sold them to a friend.