Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That would be a smart thing to do. Few games are already using 8GB+.

2. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Ok..name me few of them. And a little warning,the game app,not all the system and/or other depedent game's apps (like steam,S Club,origin etc).
    Tip: before starting any game check(for example with AB) your RAM usage and then start.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    finally got this stupid game to run with the right GPU by using an autoclicker, start the game and exactly 3.4 seconds later make the game use the AMD GPU.

Works, and is totally ridiculous.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nice, at least it's working. Very good, but, online hasn't held my attention much. I've been looking at upgrading to GTX980m 8GB eurocom kit.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah me too, expensive though, something like £600+, no UK or EU shops selling the kits yet, only imported from america, which means 20% tax and high shipping costs.

Saw a guy selling some on ebay UK recently, know the name from a laptop forum, but I wasn't ready to throw down that amount of money.

Want a 3920xm or 3840qm as well, same issue again, USA or China chips.

6. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Confirm.

If you minimize game after some time, it will stutter a lot.
    Same starts to happen after long time of playing, like 2h+

restart game and it's smooth as butter again...

7. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    not sure if this has been mentioned, but does anyone using reshade get SUPER STUTTERY startup??? my game performance doesnt really take a hit and i get a solid 60fps throughout, but whilst loading it goes super slow and stuttery... also reshade seems to affect my "windows" mouse input and i have to revert back to Raw or DU?!?!

8. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    Okay everything was lovely at first. Playing with Fxaa + 2msaa. Very High settings the rest of the way. Softest shadows and x16 AF forced with NCP. 1080p. Started Trevor missions in the country and framerate is all over the place. Turned grass quality down to high but still get random drops all the way down to 30fps in certain spots.

Kind of ruined the immersion I once had.

9. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    The game runs amazing on my 2GB 860m. I'm actually super impressed.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yeah that's normal, everyone has it.

11. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    ok thats ok then!

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well my main game is Planetside 2. It uses around 7.8gb ram alone. Game was known as ram hog and anyone who plays it knows what i am talking about.

Also anyone who tried Star Citizen knows why 8GB is getting low this days. Dying Light (before patches) was using more than 8GB ram and so on...i can try find few more but you see my point.

When we talk ram i have my Chrome open always (32 tabs), 2-3 monitoring apps, steam, TCM, etc... and even GTA V is using almost 8GB.

13. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    So,for now what I get is that unoptimized games(or optimized but with few memory issues) is the ones and more than 8GB goes for people who want to have many apps running at the backround. I get your point, though not really a fair suggestion for running A game and only that..
    Also GTA 5 uses average 3-4GB ram, I think I've seen it uses more when I was testing 4K with all max (for testing quality ofc,smoothnes was ruined at all). No offence but your given suggestion lacks of valid arguments for running a game and enjoying it for common gamers (and here I mean common PC ends with one gpu,a quad core at least @4Ghz and a single monitor.Anything beyond these I agree getting 16GB of Ram)

14. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    even titanx or 980GTX cant max this game with locked 60fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8CeFkTv34I
    I wanted to know what framerate titanX will push in gta5 @ 1440p (without MSAA) witha advanced settings sliders at full. Performance will dip even to 30fps in vegetation areas and there's 4.5GB vram usage without MSAA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic8u2A7AsbE
    here default advanced settings sliders at default, performance is much better

Also I will post some comparisons between console verison. I have also ps3 verison and to be honest I have no problems playing this game on that platform 26-30fps, but with stable 30 fps lock on my PC version I cant play this game at this 30 fps level, it's impossible. My 3570@4.5GHz and 680GTX is not enough for maxing this game, so I need to cut down some details in order to see constant 60fps lock. Of course image quality in 1680x1050 is spectacular (downsampled from 2520x1575), and the difference between ps3 version is night and day on PC monitor. But on my Plasma HDTV the difference between ps3 version and PC version is not so big (HDTV is adding a lot of picture processing, and even blurry texture on ps3 is crisp and detailed). Yes, there's no grass in the vegetation areas, but other than that ps3 version looks still very good on HDTV, and game is responsible to play even at 26-30fps. To be honest I'm enjoyong ps3 verison more than PC version!

Also PC verison has wrong gamepad thumbstick settings

http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611703999965584203/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WwGvkpkMik
    ps3 vs ps4 vs PC version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=19&v=La9vzurVTlQ
    ps3 and pc low details comparison, I think ps3 version looks superb even today (not to mention on HDTV)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yeah ive mentioned the reshade thing a few times.

My workaround is to alter the config to start with effect disabled, then just toggle it on manually once game loaded.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is a really cool video.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nice, a lot of "MI-24 HIND" in that footage. I used to be a senior mechanic on those back in the day. What a monster :)

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Has anyone else seen this workaround for the Ambient Occlusion bug, taken from the GeForce.com GTA V Guide:

Quote: "Ambient Occlusion (AO) adds contact shadows where two surfaces or objects meet, and where an object blocks light from reaching another nearby game element. In Grand Theft Auto V though, the setting's a tad bugged, and is awaiting a fix to restore full functionality. Enterprising gamers, however, have found a workaround: change the Ambient Occlusion setting, Apply, change PostFX to Normal, Apply, change PostFX back to Ultra (or its previous value)."

Just thought I would post it here in case anyone was not aware of the fix.

19. Rathbone

Rathbone Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX2070
    Last week I got my new 500GB SSD drive. I put GTA V and the Win7 page file (Win7 itself is on an older 64 GB SSD drive) on this SSD drive and immediately saw an FPS increase of 10-15%. I can play with grass details on very high now in the countryside without falling below 40fps. Loading time is at least 3 times faster as well of course (but that's not really a surprise).

20. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ive just had a 58mb patch from Social Club.

Anyone else get that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.