2questions about Ati Catalyst Control Center

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by JuninhoSlo, Apr 27, 2015.

1. JuninhoSlo

JuninhoSlo Member

GPU:
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon5570
    Hi.

Guru3D I got 2question for you and thank you very much for your answers.

1question:

I don,t know what I,m doing wrong or not but I notice if I install latest drivers for my video card,I can,t open Ati Catalyst Control Center,I removed latest drivers with DDU many times and then install drivers but again I can,t open Ati Control Center,why? I have been thinking is it possible that Ati Amd doesn,t support my video card and this could be a reason why I am unble to open Ati Control Center even I run latest drivers for my video card,however the only way to get access to Ati Control Center menu is to install drivers from CD,is that mean that my video card only support Ati Control Center from CD and if install latest drivers for XP which are 14.4 Ati Control Center won,t work beacuse Ati Amd doesn,t support my video card+OS?

2question:

When you open Ati Catalyst Control Center you got option 3D and if you click on 3D you can change settings for Anti Aliasing-Mipmap Detail Level......I haven,t change anything in 3D section but I do have a question maybe 2.

"Do you recommended to change anything in 3D section?" What is recommended to change?

"If you move all sliders to Quality in 3D settings,will you get better picture in games?

Thank you.

JuninhoSlo

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Which version of windows are you using?

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I believe he/she mentioned Windows XP in the OP.

4. einsteinlool

einsteinlool Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6650M 1Go DDR3
    for the first question , dont use DDU ,, just unstall using the windows uninstall program , on control panel ,than install the new driver, i had the same probleme and this fix it .

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    DDU is the best way to get rid of drivers right now.

Uninstall in safe mode using DDU then reboot into normal mode and install new drivers.

Also make sure you have latest .NET framework.

.NET 4.6 Preview is here

Also use this complier to install C++ files.

Run as admin and then press Y to being install. It will uninstall all previous versions and reinstall them in order and the lastest versions too.

Download C++ Installer here

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I agree with everything except the preview version of .Net. Until it's out of preview it could create more problems than it would solve.