New Screenshot Show Possible Windows 10 for Phones

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A new screen-shots of the new Samsung Ativ S with Windows Mobile build 10070 shows possible changes to the live tiles on the start-screen. The tiles design and layout appear to be very close to each o...

New Screenshot Show Possible Windows 10 for Phones

2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Must say I expected something that looked a little more elegant. That screenshot just screams " Cluster**** " to me, full of huge and small icons randomly slapped side by side.

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    if you want to see the new version of 10 it is downloadable on M$ (register it's free) ...
    it work on classic exept some issue with lumia 640 only on some provider.

BTW it is very impresive to use it (only few day i test it).

4. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    good god, that's a messy ui!

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    no it's user choise, you select order, how it look and size, no more mess like in WP8.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Don't like WP10 preview at all, I lasted all of about 10 minutes before flashing back to 8.1

7. Toss3

Toss3 Guest

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    Please let them kill Metro soon. It has been a major failure on all platforms.

8. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I've got no issue with user customization. My comment was, pretty much just my first impression, based only on the screenshot provided ;)

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I think pretty much it is just showing how you can set up your launcher. I do not like a messy home screen. My iPhone has no apps on the homescreen, just in my app bar down below is Phone, Messages, Chrome, and a folder with all my apps!

Love the look of Windows Phone though. On my S4 before my iPhone I was running Cmod11 with Launcher 8. Easily can make a nice clean look with it even with a number of apps on the home screen. :D

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    1st it is not "Metro" but "Modern UI" (like if you call "vista" "longhorn").

I love this GUI on tactile device as much i hate it on desktop, you have the speed access of an iPear device with the customisation of a skittleD2R2 device.

it look ugly but it is effective (that's what i expect of a tactile device) after this consideration talking about the system... any other OS do better right now, but M$ learn fast...

Other point, they have to sell their phone (as said in a previous thread, it is as sell a motorbike with square wheels... but it can change :) ).

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not really, Longhorn was a scrapped successor to XP, Vista was a fresh clean slate, nothing to do with Longhorn

Metro was the original name for the Tiles side of Win 8 at RTM and was for a while after, then MS ended up having to change it to Modern due to Metro being copyright/already in use - so the guy is correct, it is Metro, MS would have kept it as Metro if they could have, Modern was their replacement name

12. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    It would seem people would still rather have a classic desktop with 99% wallpaper and 1% space for your toolbar.

They should've put the start screen ON the desktop and had transparent tiles (like in Windows 10 for phones) so that people can still see their wallpaper.

Job done.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Whoever is their UI designer should be fired for this.

It's just horrible.

14. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    it's like the iPear UI just square instead of round...

i use apple device at work (not my choise so i do with it lol).
    i have a Lumia for testing this OS
    and i have my Razr old but fast and really really solid (fall 2 time from motorbike running and have only a scratch on back).
    so i can make a comparative.

at 1st i wasn't convicted, but after a while despite looking similar, WP10 is clearly not WP8 (in the good way i mean :) )

don't judge on this pict (could have been taken on my GF's phone with this mess on the screen lol), i get my lumia for 1buck new as i had the offer to test WP10 with XBOX and W10... for 1 buck you can make your own idea

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yup, I would

I have a house, I like it to be 90% clear and open, and 10% kitted with furniture

I don't want my house filled to the brim with useless crap and have to step over stuff just to get to the door

Minimalistic

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well, you can **** up your Android home screen too. It's not UI designers fault, this is users fault.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'd really love to try a WP10 phone some day but what about app support? Will that ever be fixed? Many say that WP is a dead platform.

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    IMO it came in too late to the game, Droid and iOS already conquered the market, and have the majority of devs

But if you like fart apps, WP is the platform for you

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This, and Microsoft needs to push it better and make it attractive for developers.

Microsoft is getting more and more carrier support, but it cannot be just that. I used to sell these phones, I think in my sales career I have probably only sold maybe 3 or 4 Windows Phones. I was guilty of it as well, but sales reps tend to downplay Windows Phone, and talk negative about it. Where as with Android and iOS devices, you have sales reps that will not stop recommending either of them.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Hilbert, did you miss out on this?