There has to be a chair out there worth sitting on....

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by robtorbay, Apr 24, 2015.

1. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    Alright maybe I am crazy but I swear to god its impossible to locate a chair that is comfortable to sit on! My old chair bit the dust so I went to a local office store and tried 3 or 4 chairs and they were all crap. So I thought alright well maybe I just need to buy something ergonomic....

so I picked up one of those adjust 100 way chairs made of mesh. The dam thing has me twisted. Come Saturday if I haven't pitched the dam thing on the lawn its going back.

Any suggestions of a decent chair that is comfortable for gaming and PC stuff in general?

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I use a recliner with my keyboard in my lap lol I have never found a computer chair I could use.

3. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I think the best chairs are all super expensive. Stuff like Herman Miller Aeron or Embody, Steelcase Leap, etc.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    There is no such thing. I've resorted to sitting on a couch with my monitor sitting on a stand between my legs (i've got two, hence the plural) about head high (for reference, my head is just above shoulder height).

Unless you want to pay some stupid price, then tough luck in my exp.

For future...actually im not sure how the saying goes. But do this - A good chair is one that you can comfortable work in and be productive, but also one that allows you to comfortably take a nap. I've found that the drivers seat of a car seems to be the only one to meet this requirement. Typical.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

5. Bohi2_OGU

Bohi2_OGU Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The missus bought this for me a couple Xmas's ago, imported from Germany, no idea what make it is, but I can sit here all day without a problem, added a little back support thing to it, but other than that, really comfy

[​IMG]

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I've owned a Freedom Chair, Aeron and now a Leap. The Leap is by far the best out of all of them despite looking the most traditional. The live back bending thing is like so comfy if your posture sucks like mine does. The Aeron is really good too but only if you sit properly and don't slouch. The Freedom Chair just sucks imo.

I got the leap from http://www.madisonseating.com/leap-chair-v2-black-by-steelcase.html

It's fairly expensive for a chair, but these things aren't like office depot chairs, they last 10+ years. I think it was worth it.

8. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I quite like my DXRacer chair. Not too soft, lets you keep good posture, very durable, can recline almost all the way to horizontal.

9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Same here bro. Whatever chair I seem to sit on results in a lower back ache. :(

I usually find myself moving about every couple of seconds trying to make myself comfy.

It's $hit since I'm sitting for 9 hours in the office 5 days a week...

Hell I'd rather stand all day than get a back ache from crappy chairs...

Eventually I'll go myself to a stationary shop and buy my own chair!

The CEO & managers get the best & most comfortable $300-$500 executive chairs & us normal employees get $hit sub $50 chairs...

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]

These are hands down the most comfortable chairs I have sat in ever once you get the hang of it.

11. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Or get one of those desks which have electric motor to adjust height of the desk and start using pc while standing. Also buy some saddle char which you can use if your legs start to feel tired ?

That stuff is getting more and more popular at the office.

12. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    How long until it hatches?

13. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    DXracer are probably the best as per comfort.

14. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I like to have a drink when I game if I don't have work the next day, I dread to think of the accidents I'd have with that thing.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I bought this one for my birthday this year and although expensive, I really, really like it. Good quality material, robust and very comfortable. I'll have to see how well it will lasts, my previous "office" chair was a lot cheaper and broke down in like 1 year...

AKRACING PREMIUM Gaming Chair – Carbon Black V2

[​IMG]

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ I have half a mind to grab myself the racer.

Ive had nothing but $hitty office chairs for too long.

That being said, guys, we all need to realize that just inherently, sitting all day each and every day with minimal body movement/activity will result in getting soreness and pain.

Unfortunately our bodies are simply not made to sit for hours and hours and hours on end without the balance of going to a gym or working out. if you only do one and not the other, you will suffer pain and stiffness.

A better chair will help you stay more comfortable when you are sitting for sure, but you're still not engaging your body by sitting, and sooner or later, you will start feeling stiffer, and overall more consistently sore.

Pretty sure most people know this, but its good to remember.

17. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    God Damn!

But all the nice chairs are expensive.

18. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    If you every try, take some video.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I think I'll pass on ever trying tbh. :p

I like the AKRacing Chairs tbh, I quite like the look of the Premium Black Brown V2:

[​IMG]

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE