Batman: Arkham Knight PC specs Revealed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The size of games is getting bigger because of a few things.

1. Both consoles use BD.
    2. Gamers are demanding more immersion and the best way to do that is improve sound.
    3. 4K

2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    What does "BD" stand for?

3. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Can't wait to crush this games requirements.....

4. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW

Blu-Ray Disc

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Apparently in this case - Bloated Data.

6. Pirates are problem for developers, how big a problem, idk. But suggesting more laws for it, is next to insane, it is job of publisher to protect his own product, not some artificial fascistic body (government), especially having on mind that both you and developers pay for that protection.

Now tell me, why would you pay for protection of something that isn't your creation in the first place? At the bottom line, even developers pay more for protection of their products in that way.

Realistically, you can download 55GB with extremely bad connection in 3 up to 4 hours. Now for granted, if you can't wait 3-4 hours, but, it is still better then driving to the store who knows how far (depends), and getting back, installing game etc.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^ You do realize that to some your really bad connection is a better connection than is even offered in their area.

8. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    This just made me laugh. The size of the game has nothing to do with the security it has built into it to prevent piracy. the reason games are becoming larger in size is the improvements in textures, in-game AI and various technologies implemented into them (like physx, tress-fx and so on). The actual anti-piracy protection takes a very small portion of the whole installation.

The anti-piracy protection quite frequently bites the consumer who pays for the game. Like I remember reading about a game performance review on guru3d some time ago and they couldn't test the game fully because each swap of hardware was registered as a new computer and after a certain number of installs game client was saying that they reached the limit. I had the same with few of my games: original crysis wouldn't let me install my game after a certain amount of upgrades I made to my pc(It was original dvd I bought in a shop). So I had to contact crytek to get the restrictions removed. And after a certain amount of upgrades it happened again. So I just gave up and haven't played the game ever since. Just shows that anri-piracy is not always a good thing. And this is from my personal experience.

Piracy is a bad thing, I don't deny it. It is everywhere: music, movies, books, games. It just makes me laugh when huge movie or music companies are bragging about making few hundred million (sometimes even billions of $'s) profit from a movie/music album/book and then saying piracy is destroying the whole infrastructure and losing them money. That just shows how greedy they got. It is never enough.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  9. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I'm probably the only one who think this game is overhyped. I'm pretty sure it'll be the same as the previous one, which was exactly the same as the one before. Now we'll have few "extras" like driving the batmobile....
    They could easily release these Batman games every 6 months or so.

10. -Maxx-

-Maxx- Guest

GPU:
    GTS 450 1GB 824/4252 Mod
    I'm just wondering how actual videogame producers may consider a 50+GB game to be appropriate for the Digital Delivery Age of PC gaming, it's a nonsense...

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It's not nonsense, many people have connections that can download that much data in a very short period of time. File sizes are going to increase as technology progresses. I wont say that it isn't a problem for many who have limited broadband due to where they live, but there's physical copies of the games available for those people.

12. -Maxx-

-Maxx- Guest

GPU:
    GTS 450 1GB 824/4252 Mod
    Honestly I think that wasting storage space like the latest and most advertised games is very far from the concept of technology progress.

People are using SSDs more and more in their PCs and, as we know very well, these components are not so strong in the amount of storage provided.

100Mbit connections are very far from being the mainstream level of internet access.

So what's the trouble with optimizing the data compression for these big companies? Money is not certainly a problem for them. ;)

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Companies are starting to mainstream 50mbp connections, but really only in the US is this happening....

14. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Money is the same size problem no matter what size company your are, when you're small, just getting enough is the problem. When you're big, some idiot who gets paid way too much decides that the marketing department needs to get a **** tonne of money in it, because marketing is the only thing that matters, and **** the consumer because if you think you might be able to get away with it, then you should probably do it, no matter what it is.

15. Noufel

Noufel Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti xtrem
    Nice to see recommanded gpu is a 3gb 760 .... what what what is there any 3gb 760 ???

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Here you can get 100/100Mbps line for like $30 / month.
    I sit on 50/6Mbps only, but it is enough for games.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

It probably means 2Gb variants are not enough..

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Am I the last person left who prefers to buy a physical copy of the game rather than download a digital one?

19. Ivo

Ivo Active Member

GPU:
    6550m @ 735/975
    100mbit connections have been mainstream in my country and most of Europe for quite a few years. Aren't slow and expensive i-net speeds only a thing in the USA?
    We are pushing 150mbit connections in some cities in Bulgaria for as little as 15euro a month as we speak.

20. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    i always buy retail games in the box gta 5 i wanted the box i like the art work and its non steam which is good just the rockstar social club sign in but theres no ads or trying sell you stuff like u get on steam uplay and orgin rockstar social club is great and witcher 3 non steam so fantastic news gta 5 and witcher 3 i would pay £100 for each of them games because there worth it there superbly made games, but probem with how big games are now there to big for discs so we need blue ray discs or games on usb stick i dont mind paying extra for nice blueray games on pc