Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.4 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Apr 13, 2015.

1. dmr2

dmr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280x
    watch dogs work good only on 14.12 omega.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That's not what I meant. Anyway don't worry about it, let the mods handle things.

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Why are you attacking me? Or what made you think someone thinks you're a troll?

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Playing the victim card already? You asked a question, I answered it to the best of my abilities. This will be the last contact I have with you.

5. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    Dragon Age Inquisition still freezing in Mantle, but working good in DX11.

6. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    What the...

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Freezing like, throwing you into desktop, or you have to reset?

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    You have a 280x, theoretically Mantle isnt optimized for GCN 1.0

That having been said, define freezing?

@octopus, just let it go. Its not worth it.

I have several of these jokers set on ignore as it is. (if i dont respond to a post you make directed at me, you know who you are..lol)

It makes following some of these threads rather entertaining with large chunks missing. lol

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  9. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    Only the game freezes, I then shut it down with task manager. 14.12 and 15.3 had the same problem. When I start the game it works normally for a few minutes and then randomly freezes.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    what are you running it off? a spinner or an SSD?

have you checked the event viewer for errors?

11. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    A spinner, WD10EZEX. Btw. found something interesting in the Event Viewer:

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    It bothers me, next time ill give you a timeout.

14. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Is anyone seeing core clocks fluctuate in GTA V when using 2/3/4 card Crossfire setups? If so, does it occur in other games or just GTA V? I'm seeing some unexpected behaviour on my setup whereby running 4K resolution causes my gpu's to throttle, despite being within temp/powertune limits. However, as soon as i switch to 1440P gpu clocks remain locked as they should.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  15. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Use RadeonPro to force Highest Clock speeds on all GPU's and let us know how that goes AMDMatt, see if it fixes the problem. For RadeonPro to work with GTA 5 you need to go to RadeonPro settings, then compatibility section, then add GTA 5 and Tick Ignore the top four options (dx8, dx9, dx10, dx10.1).

16. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Do you have to create a specific profile for the application, or can you apply it globally?

EDIT

The profile didn't work for me. Clocks still fluctuating all over the place. Not sure the profile was even loaded as i didn't hear the sound.

The funny thing is, this only happens at 4K. 1440P works fine with clocks locked in place.

EDIT 2

Tested on Tomb Raider which i know works fine with RP, no difference. Clocks still jumping around. I'm wondering if one of the 34 Microsoft updates i installed the other day has affected something.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  17. mojobear

mojobear Guest

GPU:
    4-way crossfire R9 290
    Hi Matt,

New to these forums but have had 4 x R9 290s for over a year. I have noticed downclocking on my GPUs with high resolution gaming. For GTA V specifically - yes I do notice downclocking of my GPUs especially if I am near the max vram.

Other examples:
    1) I have Benq xl2730z in eyefinity - two with DVI and one with DP. When I use pixel patcher and CRU to increase the refresh from the DVi connections past 80hz @ 7680x1440, then I get GPU downclocking. This happens for any drivers > 14.4. For 14.4, I can go all the way up to 7680 x 1440 @ 120hz no downclocking.

2) At one point I was able to use VSR @ 1800p eyefinity somehow. Every time I set up this resolution, all my GPUs would again downclock.

So I think its a MHZ threshold whereby either high resolution, high refresh, or the combo of both causes the GPUs to downclock. All my gpus are under water so its for sure not a temp issue and since usually people mention PSU - mine is a 1600W G2 so no concerns there.

Hope you can provide some insight. I have been trying to get this issue passed through catalyst support for > 1 month with no response.

Since I'm at it - also wanted to mention that there is something wrong with mantle + frostbite + 4 way crossfire. DAI and BF4 just wont run in mantle with the above condition. If I disable 1 of the GPUs, mantle runs. Have you also had this issue? Others with crossfire R9 295x2s have also had the same issue on DAI forums...therefore I think its a quad/4way crossfire issue.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    "Force constant voltage" option in AB locks the clocks fine in my crossfire the real problem here is the range of GPU usage while crossfiring.

19. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Thanks for all that information, i will share that.

I took all the gpu's out and tested them and the issue only occurs when adding the 3rd and 4th gpu. I will go ahead and raise this internally. It's weird how this issue has only occurred for me during the last few days though as it's been fine until now.

That does nothing on Hawaii.

20. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Another update, used a HDMI cable at 4K 30HZ, no core throttling. So the issue appears tied to DisplayPort 1.2.