Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Isnt this for the replay function (recording) ?

2. polotez

polotez Member

thank you for sharing with us your tweaks, much appreciated.

i am always looking to improve my experience when playing games on pc, and those tweaks are definitively most welcome :)

3. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Nope, because increasing the amount of cars defintely appears in game and so does the pop-in, at least for me.

EDIT: One problem with more traffic is I notice a lot of the extra vehicles are always black color.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  4. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    So after about an hour of gameplay my ram usage was hovering at just under 8 gig, according to Afterburner. Started off at around 4 gig and just kept rising. Page file enabled also.

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    yep, theres a memory leak, i was using a small 2 gig pagefile but had to change to system managed or it would keep crashing after 30-60 minutes.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'll be on most of tonight, unless I go out for a few brews. If I'm online and I see you on, we should do some missions.

7. Rathbone

Rathbone Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX2070
    I got a new SSD drive today to reduce loading times (well not only for GTA V but in general). How can I transfer GTA V retail version to this SSD without reinstalling the whole game. Is there any path information I have to edit after copying the folder?

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    **** this game. Auto save can kiss my white ass. Just lost 3 hours of progress.

Im done, got no time for this **** the older i get. This is why I prefer consoles these days **** the pc.

Ill get back to it when the modders have made it more than just a pretty sunset/rise simulator.

9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Wow! Do you use a color fx mod ? :eek:

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I keep saying to people 8GB isn't enough RAM, but nobody seems to be listening. Lmimmfn you got 9GB Recluse has 8GB and you both got 4GB GPU's..

If the game reports twice the vram use as your card has maybe it's including the paged texture memory in RAM idk... but you guys need more ram.

If there was a memory leak the memory use would rise so much you'd run out of HDD space, so no, there isn't a memory leak. This is how DX11 works.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Works great here on 8gb ram.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    But u don't have 2GB page file. Also that reinforces that there isn't memory leak...

13. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Take 1 day break and after that you will certainly come back.This game worth to take a ride,even with couple of bugs. ;)
    Please. :)

Even with 16GB RAM you need on some games to alocate some 4-6GB Page File.This is bloody M$$$ Windows system...

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    "memory leak" gets thrown about so much every time someone's pc crashes oh god must be a memory leak!

Longest session I've had of gta was over 5 hours memory usage was stable and zero crashes from me or any of the people I was playing with.

15. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    No memory leak here either, but I did have to create a PF for the game to stop crashing - 1gb. No crashes after that, except for testing PF off and on :p

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I was gifted the game through Steam as a birthday present.
    And, the smoother frame rate and better controls have made a more enjoyable experience then what I played on my PS3.
    Also, the PS3 gamepad hurts my hands... it's too damn small. Makes my hands feel like they are going to cramp.

But, yeah... I've got 8gb of Ram as well. Most of my sessions have averaged around 3 to 4 hours. I've had no crashes, no stuttering... nothing.

Now, that doesn't mean there isn't a memory leak in the game. There could be one, but I (along with many others) have not encountered it.
    Dying Light had a pretty bad memory leak that Techland acknowledged and fixed, but I never ran into it.

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no, mines only a 3Gig card, the double vram issue i just mentioned was in GTAIV as i was using crossfire back then( dont have the issue with this card ).
    The recommended specs are 8Gig ram for a 2Gig card, so 9Gig for a 3Gig card should be plenty and i have absolutely nothing running in the bacground when im playing GTAV other than Afterburner. I could just see in Afterburner the memory would keep growing and eventually crash. It doesnt happen all the time, but it is there and infuriating when it happens, and i just enabled the system pagefile so i dont have to keep watching memory.

18. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    To the people saying that the game deffo doesnt have a memory leak... this screenshot was taken after ONLY having run gta 5...

http://i.imgur.com/yIdAyEy.jpg

Notice max physical memory used...

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I was playing online last night, with DocStrangelove. From about 9pm till 2am solid. Not a single crash. 8gb ram. So I'm not going to blame the game.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You don't know what you looking at. 16GB committed isn't unusual for a DX11 game, at least 6GB of that is reserved for the GPU.

Besides, a memory leak would increase the PF if you had one to the point there wouldn't be any space left on the drive.

You guys can do what you want, I'm tired of expm tired of explaining it over and over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.